Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
R99 is still mostly a streamer/good aim haver gun. You need to really nail a burst to one clip someone. The volt has like an extra 150+ damage of leeway or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Patch is out on Steam, by the by

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Map is fun so far and servers are working, pleasant surprise

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Keito posted:

Map is fun so far and servers are working, pleasant surprise

Got a completely broken trash heap server right after posting this, should've kept my mouth shut

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
71.89GB update on Xbox Series X. Is that normal for a new map/season?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

double tap trigger is in the crafting rotation, but it was "removed" so there are no guns that can use it

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

repiv posted:

double tap trigger is in the crafting rotation, but it was "removed" so there are no guns that can use it

Pretty sure that's dual shells

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

WattsvilleBlues posted:

71.89GB update on Xbox Series X. Is that normal for a new map/season?

No, wonder what it is on Steam

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Pretty sure that's dual shells

dual shell has a different icon

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Yeah seeing dual shell on the ground

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Anyone else dropping acid or is it just me?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

:birddrugs:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Looks like someone's shaders aren't compiled.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tw-1QFQG-8

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Download kept slowing to a crawl after a while until I paused and unpaused it. Glad I noticed and did that a few times to get it done before work ended.

Did anyone else’s battle pass start out at lvl 2?

My first impression of the gravity cannons is that they’re a great new way for your squad mates to get separated faster than ever before.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The new map is absolutely loving huge, it takes forever to get anywhere even with the Gravity Cannons. I have a feeling Valk is going to be a premium pick on SP just for the mobility from her ultimate. The upshot is it cuts down pretty noticeably on being third partied. Maybe this will change as people get more familiar with the map (and the streamers collectively agree on a particular spot to drop to die in the first 2 minutes) but I was seeing Round 3 with 5+ squads pretty consistently.

I really like the lack of jump towers and think it changes the play dynamics for the better. All the impassable cliff faces help with that as well.

I had multiple games where my squad greased 2-3 other squads but still had plenty of upgrades remaining on our kits so it was encouraged to go seek out other POIs/squads instead of finding a spot and sitting tight until the final ring.

e: it also feels like they did some performance optimization with this patch

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
nothing but third parties all night, lol

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
l star is still extremely good, not quite as good at medium longish range but still a beast. the circle aiming trick doesn't seem to be affected by barrel stabs significantly anyway - it kicks more, sure, and the projectiles need a little more precision and maybe one more hit but it's still extremely solid and a beast at anything closer.

valk seems good but man the map is clearly actually designed for her which is not fair imo, lol. no balloons, super high walls everywhere which limits both her movement and scouting abilities. map seems very vertical though so her jumpjets are super good.

every time an ash would ping a death box of ours we'd turn around and probably kill them.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

what in the goddamn

https://files.catbox.moe/fhthd0.mp4

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Can ash climb the same way revenant can? Ie up and over almost everything?

Edit' holy poo poo new loba edition is awesome.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

FINALLY

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

repiv posted:

FINALLY

:worship:

This won't totally solve the problem, of course, as there will still be loads of xxWraithxx who assume "they won't win the fight, let alone pick me up" and just instantly leave, but it'll bigly alleviate all the stat farmers.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

they should retroactively count every single game you didnt win from prior seasons as a death too :getin:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Loved the game last season and the battle pass unlocks were pretty good, but every battle pass skin this season looks god awful.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Fenarisk posted:

Loved the game last season and the battle pass unlocks were pretty good, but every battle pass skin this season looks god awful.

Yeah compared to last season's, this is.

I am debating on the Ash pack though. That other skin of hers is super Decepticon.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

repiv posted:

FINALLY

zero idea why it wasn't this way in the first place but that is going to be more of a benefit for the people getting the downs because i very much doubt the vast majority of people quitting early are quitting for that reason

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I have a series of clippos from day one of season 11 with fellow goon gamers:

https://streamable.com/q94a8u

https://streamable.com/pnei02

https://streamable.com/0f0aph

https://streamable.com/s2th6u

enjoy the clicking

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Ok it seems like they really did fix the server issues, at least for me. Night and day honestly.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Any CAR trip reports? Didn't have time to do a match last night but firing range fuckery made it seem like an R99 For Bads (me)

301/CAR with a couple of boxes of heavy to avoid eating into the 301's ammo pool might be a good shout for pretty much every encounter

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's cool but my muscle memory is all r99 so that's all i'm using still. It does kinda own though, wish it'd swap ammo types automatically when i'm out. Hearing an empty click because i'm out of heavy but i've got 400 light that the game hasn't just gone "yeah use this" is a little annoying and definitely cost me a fight with it early on.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
It's a good way of getting rid of heavy ammo, yes. I like the dual ammo thing though, especially seeing how the magazines work. Cos you can replace a blue heavy with a purple light, for example, and the benefit carries over to both types of ammo.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I wish it was a little smarter about mag upgrades. I had a blue light equipped and it refused to switch to a purple heavy

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
It seemed to upgrade to a better heavy/light mag regardless of what I had when playing yesterday?

Pretty nice running it together with a light/heavy weapon and swapping mags between them as you go. The spray still feels a bit rough but maybe it just needs some getting used to.

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

Keito posted:

It seemed to upgrade to a better heavy/light mag regardless of what I had when playing yesterday?

its fiddly when you're switching weapons
i'm sure it'll be fixed in the first patch

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The one trap I've noticed is it won't automatically balance your magazines out

e.g. if you have a CAR with a white light mag and a Flatline with no mag, picking up a blue heavy mag with the CAR drawn will put the mag on the CAR and leave the Flatline still with no mag

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i appreciate what they're going for with this feature but it needs a bit more work

(the queue popped seconds after this)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

repiv posted:

The one trap I've noticed is it won't automatically balance your magazines out

e.g. if you have a CAR with a white light mag and a Flatline with no mag, picking up a blue heavy mag with the CAR drawn will put the mag on the CAR and leave the Flatline still with no mag

The CAR is used to being treated like a pretty princess thanks to TF2, so it expects that kind of attention in Apex, prole

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

Any CAR trip reports? Didn't have time to do a match last night but firing range fuckery made it seem like an R99 For Bads (me)

That's what it felt like to me too. I went to the firing range and it seems like a slightly slower R99 with better handling (and maybe a bigger clip... I forgot to check, but I noticed I was downing the dummies with rounds leftover opposed to an empty R99 clip each time).

On dropping when down- people even did it during Shadow Royale. My gf and I were playing with random 3rds and about 10% of them would log off if they got knocked. Like, wtf, you get to be a shadow which is, imo, way more fun than being the person that has to survive. Wall run, double jump, 2x running speed, distance melee, infinite knocks until the final round? No thanks, I'm logging...

The new map is gorgeous, but SO big. There are so many nooks and crannies. It's going to take awhile to get used to.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's somewhere between the r99 and volt. it has a slower TTK than the r99 and slightly less damage per clip than the volt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

An Ounce of Gold posted:

The new map is gorgeous, but SO big. There are so many nooks and crannies. It's going to take awhile to get used to.

I kind of like it more than the others (new-map-smell pending), it feels much closer to Battle Royale/Hunger Games type "survive and win", whereas the other maps are significantly more open and smaller so it feels like you're just being funneled into the grinder.