Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

teagone posted:

Literally or metaphorically?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Kingo has all the powers of a king, plus all the powers of Superman (also he’s a robot).

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
having a slow morning at work so I slapped this together

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Shocked to learn that that one Eternal's name is not, in fact, "Angelina Jolie". Also all the others have names too, wtf.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Barry Convex posted:

I'm just going to see it three times.

Once for Kingo
Once for Gilgamesh
Once on accident for Druig due to a misunderstanding with my dealer
Ok actually a fourth time, for Kingo again

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Does Richard Madden ever have a beard in the promotional material that has been released? I’m trying to figure out if a McDonald’s toy has spoiled something about this movie for me.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Electronico6 posted:

But the real story about Kingo is that I was informed by MCU stans that Kingo is a traditional Japanese name, so I don't know how or why Kingo ended up in Bollywood. Maybe it has something to do with the Eternals nuking Hiroshima.

It's because he doesn't look Japanese.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Electronico6 posted:

It's an American production so it doesn't really matter, and 99% sure that the film is not even gonna touch that Indian/Pakistani identity. Though I'm sure that there's plenty of Hindu fascists and reactionaries making up facebook groups to boycott the film over it. poo poo is real bad over there, and even Indian Muslim actors are starting to feel the heat.

But the real story about Kingo is that I was informed by MCU stans that Kingo is a traditional Japanese name, so I don't know how or why Kingo ended up in Bollywood. Maybe it has something to do with the Eternals nuking Hiroshima.

Kingo joined the Indian National Army under SC Bose.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Electronico6 posted:

I am surprised that it didn't come from adding -o to King, like Eclipso or Sinestro

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Kingo and his butler was honestly the high point of the film. But I have the mind of a child.

He got the most reaction from the audience here by far sooo... well, second from the ear deafening squeeeeing when Harry Styles showed up

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that the prince of England's kid

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Barry Convex posted:

I thought this was sincere

Good job

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I get the impression that Eternals probably should have been a Disney+ series instead of a movie. likely wouldn't have solved every problem the film seems to have, but one thing a lot of the reviews agree on is that even at two and a half hours, it's still trying to introduce too many characters and deliver too much backstory for a feature-length running time, and giving those more breathing room wouldn't have hurt.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

He'll know what to do.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yall kingo to hell

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Has anyone said Kingo ate my baby yet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don’t think we can joke about that anymore. That woman is seriously traumatized by it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Spermando posted:

No and thank you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

I don’t think we can joke about that anymore. That woman is seriously traumatized by it.

I would be too if this man ate my baby

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Spermando posted:

Kingo gently caress yourself

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The man who would be Kingo

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Kingo to the polls

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Spermando posted:

You know that's a true story? Lady lost a kid. You're about to cross some fuckin' lines.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I saw Kingo at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
klmjohuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Kingo%27s_Jet

quote:

Owner -- Kingo
Users -- Kingo

Kingo's Jet is a jet owned by Kingo.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Kingo vored my baby

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Robot Style posted:

The jarring transition is because it's 2 separate shots - one of CGI Angelina fighting a monster, and one of real Angelina finishing her twirl, so there's not actually any transition of all - just a hard cut.

The reason it's in the trailer is because trailers aren't made based on what parts of the movie are actually finished - the VFX studio just gets a list of shots that they need to work up to a level of "good enough", and usually aren't given a lot of time to do it so you have a lot of cut corners like CGI Angelina not kicking up any sand on that beach she's sliding all over.

You can actually imagine the process by which it comes to be. You've got this incomplete but kind of dynamic CGI shot, but it doesn't show your star (and Jolie is one of the few truly a-list people to be in the MCU) so you need to show the star. The thing is, the transition shot isn't finished, but the marketing has its demands, and so you throw them together very awkwardly.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

news flash, kingo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

You know that's a true story? Lady lost a kid. You're about to cross some fuckin' lines.

You couldn't make that movie today but I'm glad it exists. Crazy to think it came out the same year as Iron Man, you couldn't get RDJ near a role like that now.

Edit: For those that don't get the reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADpKWbu_Hwc

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
cross postin'

buaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAH the superhero KINGO has always been celebrated for his excellence

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm just going to see it three times.

Once for Kingo
Once for Gilgamesh
Once on accident for Druig due to a misunderstanding with my dealer
Ok actually a fourth time, for Kingo again

One for Ikaris
Two for Kingo
Three for Makkari
And away we go!

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Kingo...dead?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kingo delenda est.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Kingo is neato.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

If you didn't put the subtitle in, it would have been glorious.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Samovar posted:

If you didn't put the subtitle in, it would have been glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
“But I’m trying, Kingo. I’m trying, real hard, to be the shepherd.”

-Druig