Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
This update is honestly amazing, but I'm still a little disappointed they didn't add the Nintendo house items/outfits back in outside of Mario. Anyone else feel this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I accidentally put a couple of my cooked recipes in storage instead of placing them in my room and now I can’t find them anywhere. My flour is in there, but the foods aren’t. Is this a glitch or something?

I’m gonna be working on a little gyroid garden this afternoon. :)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My Kapp'n tour yesterday (1st post Brewster) was underwhelming, I don't think there was anything particularly special about it and the DIY was one I already had. Today I got a tropical island with white cliffs, palm trees on grass, vines and glowing moss - the same you can find on the Happy Home Paradise island. The bottle had a DIY for a glow moss headband.

Willo567 posted:

This update is honestly amazing, but I'm still a little disappointed they didn't add the Nintendo house items/outfits back in outside of Mario. Anyone else feel this way?

Between that, no tropical fruit, and seemingly no new Nook store upgrade, I'm a bit bummed this is the last update for the game. It's a great update, but I was hoping for just few more things to make it feel like a definitive version of AC?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

I said come in! posted:

Is there a good place for seller/trading/buying the amiibo cards? I am just looking for someone who wants to part with a Niko card.
Legitimate cards? No not really, this is a Nintendo product and everything they release is a collector's item. You can go on Amazon and find the cards for the entire series for like $20 though. I did it for Breath of the Wild and every single card worked just like a regular amiibo did.

Here's a 26 card set for $20

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

J-Spot posted:

Same thing happened to me. Does it not refresh daily?

The version number shows up on the title screen. You can also hover over the game and press the + button on the switch Home Screen to check for the latest version.

It does if you buy the art pieces, so you might want to buy them anyway to force them to cycle out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is there a good place for seller/trading/buying the amiibo cards? I am just looking for someone who wants to part with a Niko card.

There’s my thread on the SA Mart, but I highly doubt someone will have a Niko for trade that’s not for another rare card from a previous series.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I got someone to give me a piece of art and I donated it to the museum only to find I already had a couple of paintings donated back last year. It still won't initiate the Brewster quest. I've looked up the requirements and I meet them all. I have at least one thing in each wing of the museum, fish, bugs, art, fossils. My island is at least 3 stars as KK Slider visits it every Saturday. Do I need to 100% the art wing of the museum?

Edit: I never got a wetsuit and got sea creatures, which apparently is a different category from fish.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 5, 2021

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Make sure to hit rocks on Kappn islands, I found a basic island but all the rocks were money giving, with four in total. They also seem to always have have one diy and one gyroid on them

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Woah. I only got a bamboo island today, nothing special. A couple tiers of lake for fish and a gyroid fragment but other than that, bupkis.

So far I’ve found a fall island (mushrooms and acorns) and a summer island (blue shells) and the vine island. Otherwise they’ve been fairly eh, though admittedly I am not hitting rocks to look for bells.

Don’t forget you can go diving if you get an island in a different season!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I met all the requirements for Brewster except a 3-Star Island/KK Slider, just had him play and got the quest the next time I talked to Blathers so I can definitively confirm the requirements now.

3-Star Island + One of each donation to the museum (Fossil, Art, Fish, Deep Sea Fish, and insects)

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Celeste is here on staarshyne! She's on the 3rd level above the museum. She's not trapped. Should be heavy star showers about 90 minutes after this post

I'm time traveling so it's April. If you already have the wand and rocking chair, she gave me a recipe for a Yellow Star Rug.

Feel free to pick fruit, flowers or fish and dive. Or buy whatever at Nooks.

And DIYs, so many DIYs

Leif is here with potato and sugarcane sprouts

I'm puttering around in real life, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Code in other thread

nashona fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 5, 2021

nashona
May 8, 2014

Sigh quote not edit

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Yes I want to dress up as Samus

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Willo567 posted:

i am eternally bummed that my wolf link amiibo will never allow me to have Wolf Link outside of my homebrew'd 2DS, yes

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

nashona posted:

Leif is here with potato and sugarcane sprouts

OMW, my Leif today is a huge butt who only brought PUMPKINS on his first November visit. Thank you!

E: that was great, got enough taters and sweets to get both me and my partner started, plus I put a minor dent in your diy pool. Much appreciated.

CK07 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 5, 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My nooklings haven't sold me anything new yet >: ( !!!

Also good god the framerate dies around my house or the villagers. I made a happy community on the left side of my island, gave everyone *something* for their yard and it looked nice. For some reason after the update it runs worse than a n64 game there :sigh:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My nooklings haven't sold me anything new yet >: ( !!!

Same. I think the item list is set at the beginning of the week so those of us who aren't time travelers may not see anything new until Sunday.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Desperate Character posted:

Make sure to hit rocks on Kappn islands, I found a basic island but all the rocks were money giving, with four in total. They also seem to always have have one diy and one gyroid on them
You should absolutely be hitting the rocks on these islands
https://i.imgur.com/stAxqyn.mp4

nashona
May 8, 2014

CK07 posted:

OMW, my Leif today is a huge butt who only brought PUMPKINS on his first November visit. Thank you!

E: that was great, got enough taters and sweets to get both me and my partner started, plus I put a minor dent in your diy pool. Much appreciated.

Sure thing!

I forgot to turn off Sleep mode so there's a new code in dodo thread.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Blaziken386 posted:

You should absolutely be hitting the rocks on these islands
https://i.imgur.com/stAxqyn.mp4

that's exactly the island I got, also there were fragments on my beach today from the shooting stars there

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is this legitimate and how can I get him in the cafe?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fang stopped by my house gave me his photo and asked to play cards

Cool guy

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this legitimate and how can I get him in the cafe?

by purchasing a resetti amiibo or amiibo card

they added proper appearances (models, dialogue, etc) for all the characters which previously didn't have any even when you used their amiibo in photopia to the game with this update so you can design houses for them or call them to the roost (or take photos of course)

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I seem to be missing my facial hair option when I get in my island uniform. How do I get those back? I can’t function without my ridiculous mustache!

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

nashona posted:

Sure thing!

I forgot to turn off Sleep mode so there's a new code in dodo thread.

I went to your island but couldn’t find Leif anywhere :(. Maybe I was too late?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Marlo is my first HHP guy and his wish is a movie star mansion, and his catchphrase is Gabeesh. What a lad.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
If you find Celeste having a coffee in The Roost, does that mean she's going to be visiting your island that night?

Edit: Just went back to the HHP island and Niko actually told me to take breaks because this is supposed to be fun. A first for this game.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 5, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

badjohny posted:

I seem to be missing my facial hair option when I get in my island uniform. How do I get those back? I can’t function without my ridiculous mustache!

It seems you can't have certain things at work- but my eyebrows stayed on since they aren't a piece of clothing but a design I assigned to my character long ago.

edit: this morning Maple gave me a goddamned conveyor belt. The good: it is a big conveyor belt that acts as a table. The bad: when you place items on top of it, they do not move with the belt and fall off.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Farten Barfen posted:

I went to your island but couldn’t find Leif anywhere :(. Maybe I was too late?

Ohhhhh right, he probably left at 10pm. I forgot about that. Let me tt back a few hours.

New code in other thread, he's here in the plaza.

nashona fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 5, 2021

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

nashona posted:

Ohhhhh right, he probably left at 10pm. I forgot about that. Let me tt back a few hours.

New code in other thread, he's here in the plaza.

Thanks, I’ll come by!

Edit: Awesome! Thank you so much! I left a little gift by the chair you were sitting in

Farten Barfen fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 5, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there anything you can do with the cafe if you don't have amiibo other than drink coffee?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Something snapped in my brain today and I decided to lay down brick paths all throughout Funkotron. Among other things.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So if I bought the fairly priced and very good NSO expansion pack aren't I supposed to get some free DLC or something for this game? How do I access it? Or is the Kapp'n's islands and cooking thing it?
Also why the hell are most of the recipes fish? God I hate fish. Where do I get wheat and tomatoes and such?

nashona
May 8, 2014

Farten Barfen posted:

Thanks, I’ll come by!

Edit: Awesome! Thank you so much! I left a little gift by the chair you were sitting in

Aww thank you!

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

So if I bought the fairly priced and very good NSO expansion pack aren't I supposed to get some free DLC or something for this game? How do I access it? Or is the Kapp'n's islands and cooking thing it?
Also why the hell are most of the recipes fish? God I hate fish. Where do I get wheat and tomatoes and such?

Quit and restart the game, and Tom Nook should call you at startup and lead you to the DLC content.

Leif will sell you vegetable starts, though if you’re on the discord folks open up their islands from time to time with them available as well.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Can confirm that if you see Celeste in The Roost, she will show up walking around your island after 7pm.

This does me no good as I already got a DIY from her over on staarshyne this evening. :v:

Opening up for a bit anyway with plenty of extra wheat, potato and sugarcane starts for the taking. And I put out all the new clothes from Ables I've collected so far for cataloging if you're interested in that.

Buy what you want at Nooks. Ables have casts, Plaid shorts and nose tissues as far as new things go. Fruit, flowers, pumpkins are up for grabs as is anything else on the ground.

Code in PGS

Edit: Just so no one misses them, the potato and sugarcane starts are to the right of the flowers, below the museum and clothes to catalog. Noticed that while checking for connection errors and wanted to be sure y'all got 'em if you wanted.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 6, 2021

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Marshall took one step into my house, saw a cockroach, then noped the gently caress out. Ozzie showed up later and didn't seem to give a poo poo lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

is there anything you can do with the cafe if you don't have amiibo other than drink coffee?

I got a cookie recipe for showing up several times. Also I can bask in Brewster’s contempt as I let the coffee cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

So just to make sure, if I have a family plan and upgrade to Switch Online +, all members of the plan get N64 games and the Animal Crossing DLC?