Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I think right now if you don’t like story stuff in games at all, and you aren’t into RuneScape, there isn’t really a good mmo for you. Action mmos fell on their face really hard, mainly due to mostly being Korean mmos with most of the baggage those have.

Good news is there are lots of just regular multiplayer games that loving rock, so just ignore mmos for awhile again.

We talking OSRS or the new one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HespoHusky
Oct 21, 2020

GOTTA PROTECT THOSE NIPS!

theguybro posted:

We talking OSRS or the new one?

OSRS is best RS

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Oil! posted:

I blue myself today

To see if Im still in.
I read these forums instead of play.
The only way to win.

What have I become
Is this still my scene?
everyone I know has gone to play ff14.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 5, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Digital Prophet posted:

To see if Im still in.
The only way to win.

What have I become
Is this still my scene?

lmao

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Trip update after 90 hours, level 49. Definitely wearing on me with how repetitive everything seems. The enemies seem to be getting harder, making my build choices less forgiving if I want to be rounding up 4-5 mobs and mowing them all down at once.

I think the most fun and effective build I’ve tried is fire staff/rapier. Heal on incinerate and heal on flurry give you some great staying power and if you are good with your riposte timing, you can almost do riposte/flurry nonstop. Flurry is basically useless if you miss your riposte because it will be interrupted 90% of the time. Flèche and burnout are great for maneuvering around and pillar of course is broken and amazing.

I hate playing with evade. I get how great it can be but it sucks to use to me because I end up taking more damage when I spam it, if I use it more evasively it’s just less damage than auto attacking and dodging because it resets your AA chain if you complete the animation.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Per my usual mmo history I will never get to max level or participate in the things that make the game worthwhile, i.e raids, pvp, etc.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Digital Prophet posted:

To see if Im still in.
The only way to win.

What have I become
Is this still my scene?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Ort posted:

I hate playing with evade. I get how great it can be but it sucks to use to me because I end up taking more damage when I spam it, if I use it more evasively it’s just less damage than auto attacking and dodging because it resets your AA chain if you complete the animation.
AFAIK you use the evade combo (evade + 3 light, repeat) for the evade attack bonus and to try and circle for backstabs, and give up the last AA chain hit for it. I actually need to respec into Light Edge to take advantage of that.

Also Evade + 3 light attacks and pause into Riposte is easy timing for lots of mobs and the initial lunge on evade means you can usually set up to at least start with a backstab. Also I think Riposte is one of the few effective ways to avoid or stop a grit attack/hatchet Berserk with the stun.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Absolutely psychotic

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So they essentially left the game running 24/7 since release? Or does it count the beta time?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

So they essentially left the game running 24/7 since release? Or does it count the beta time?

It does not count beta, so yes, this person has left the game running almost since release.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I don't know that I've dumped 900 hours into any singular game on Steam, but out of every title to pick to play practically nonstop since release... :stonk:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

It does not count beta, so yes, this person has left the game running almost since release.

Does it count family accounts playtime?

5 bots running would chew through that as well.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

I don't know that I've dumped 900 hours into any singular game on Steam, but out of every title to pick to play practically nonstop since release... :stonk:

I shamefully played Planetside 2 for over 1,000 hours on steam. I played a poo poo ton when that game came out but also feel like it had to have counted time where I just left the launcher open or something.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Click the button

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

BadLlama posted:

I shamefully played Planetside 2 for over 1,000 hours on steam. I played a poo poo ton when that game came out but also feel like it had to have counted time where I just left the launcher open or something.

I played the poo poo out of the original Planetside so I can't really give you any poo poo for that. I don't think it was really on Steam though (at least not that I played) and I couldn't tell you how many actual hours I wasted on that game :shrug:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Loved planetside 1, hate planetside 2. Mainly because team colors are just armor highlights compared to 1 being the full armor color.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
7,000+ hours on STO IIRC. :suicide:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

23.8 hours a day everyday since release is pretty obvious

I did 20-22 hour days for a couple weeks in atlas during a particularly bad war and it was the worst I ever felt in my whole life, I would've straight up died if that war hadnt ended

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Come on, where are the zany new bugs. They can't go fixing all these bugs and some how not have new hilarious bugs. Or did a real qa happen for this patch? Apparently they already had planned big monthly patches which this is the first of. Compared to the smaller weekly ones we've been seeing until now.

Still though, the only thing I've seen is some salty tears about one of the life staff heals not having an aoe until it upgrades. Except they were basing on text that didn't say aoe was going away. Just that you wouldn't get a heal as soon as you stepped inside the aura, just with a pulse tick happened (like it should have been).

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I'd routinely get this sort of numbers back in the day when I still used to leave my computer on 24/7 and most of the time with whatever my current main game open. Doesn't matter if you're even playing, game just has to be open.

Fortunately both my power conservation habits and my obsession with bad games has seen some improvement since then.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Great axe is so ridiculously overtuned it’s not even funny. Not only do you have the best ranged aoe CC in the game, you have the best dash skill and then a free 30% move speed in heavy armor. Then on top of all of this you do crazy damage and even with resil fixed you take 1/3 the damage of anyone who had the gall to play light armor. I’ll eat my poo poo in outpost rush but holy poo poo is it unfun to play droves of greataxe/warhanner heavy armor blobs. I really hope we start to see some more actual balance patches now that the majority of the game breaking bugs are out of the way.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Yeah GA is annoying but the game in general needs a lot of tweaks for PvP. If I had it my way I would at least try:

Life staff heals for 40-50% less in PvP.
CC has DR, unsure if per weapon or global, but something needs to change.
Stamina needs a rework or sprinting needs to cost stamina again.
Armor/ele res needs to go way down, and scaling needs to be fixed so lv53 GS gear isn't mitigating 5-6% more dmg than lv60 gear lmao.
Remove resil from the game
Unsure if fortify stacks or how it works in general but ideally rework it so you can only get a max of like 10% from all sources
Remove bread from OPR
Fix double hits on fire pillar and remove the cooldown perk from the game tbh
Give GA less tracking and make the movespeed 11pt skill like 5 sec every 10 sec instead of 100% uptime.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

Click the button

Show yourself, coward. I will never log off.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

I would've straight up died if that war hadnt ended

thats just how wars work what great immersion

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
heavy armor melee deathballs were unstoppable pre-resilient fix and it's nice that ranged can pvp now

melee are still tremendously important for war but in outpost rush they are quite killable. what got the biggest nerf were the huge 450 con tanks who used to never die and now frequently do and it's hilarious when they get mystified about it

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Been poking at a sword and board/life staff build right now. Kind of works, but I'm unsure how much is that my sword skills is terrible and how much I just need to retrain my brain. Gaxe is fun, but.. just awkwardly slow for my taste. Same thing for hammer.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

JuffoWup posted:

Been poking at a sword and board/life staff build right now. Kind of works, but I'm unsure how much is that my sword skills is terrible and how much I just need to retrain my brain. Gaxe is fun, but.. just awkwardly slow for my taste. Same thing for hammer.

I had been using that build and it's great up until lvl 50+ then things get way way slow and the DPS isn't really there imo. You might want to try a strength heavy sword + hatchet instead?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

That Works posted:

I had been using that build and it's great up until lvl 50+ then things get way way slow and the DPS isn't really there imo. You might want to try a strength heavy sword + hatchet instead?

I've become really attached to life staff right now. I'll be poking at it more and see how it goes. I still have the gaxe to switch back if I have to. I'd really like to go back to musket + fs/ig, but that brings me back to really missing the healing life staff gives.

Edit: I should mention that I am slightly deviating from the build I looked at in I do plan to go with +50 str and +200 focus. That seems like a better use of points with equipment also tilted to having both focus and strength. Just to assist the sword damage with the focus gem.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 6, 2021

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I haven’t been able to confirm that “Life Crystal Core” actually drops in this game. It’s a crafting item I’ve never seen drop and have never seen on trading post and I’ve never seen items that need it on the trading post.
Googling has websites saying it drops from corruption stuff, but people are also saying it doesn’t drop.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

cosmicjim posted:

I haven’t been able to confirm that “Life Crystal Core” actually drops in this game. It’s a crafting item I’ve never seen drop and have never seen on trading post and I’ve never seen items that need it on the trading post.
Googling has websites saying it drops from corruption stuff, but people are also saying it doesn’t drop.

I believe this was one of several crafting components that did not drop due to a watermark bug (players couldn't get beyond 589 watermark because of a dumb reason it's on the official forums if anyone is curious) that are now dropping. I'm not 100% sure it is capable of dropping, but I have seen a few components of the same type/tier now dropping that were not before.

Also the resilient change and maybe (doubtful) some behind the scenes fuckery fixed "war" lag. There's other weird lag in the game now though. But uh, progress?

lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Being a unicrafter or just a 200 crafter in this game is very hard without a guild. I've been looking at the amounts of materials you need and just lol.

I am bottle necked by tannin, flux, and weave, but mainly because I am on a small server that only sells things at WW.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I played eq again yesterday for the first time in like 20 years. It’s still kinda fun, I went to unrest and it was a real crazy trip back in time.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

It’s much better than this piece of poo poo game

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man this brought me back

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Honestly I think New World sometimes has more fun train mechanics.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

Honestly I think New World sometimes has more fun train mechanics.

I haven’t done anything fun in this game yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Harton posted:

Is there a good mmo out there or is WoW still the best one?

FFXIV, Runescape, and EvE Online are all varying degrees of "Best MMO" depending on what you're specifically looking for.

Other stuff includes Guild Wars 2, Korean grindfests like Black Desert Online and Maple Story, and games like Elder Scrolls or Star Wars The Old Republic if you like their stories.

And WoW I guess, I'm playing TBC Classic right now which is much better than the recent expansions but it definitely takes a certain kind of brain worms to still enjoy it nowadays.