Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fame Douglas posted:

Just wanted to use this thread to laugh at the Democrats passing mandatory alcolocks for cars with their "infrastructure" tax break bill, for no other reason than to make people angry at Democrats over their nanny-state tendencies. Gotta lessen the impact of your own legislation as much as possible!

This is the worst loving party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Just wanted to use this thread to laugh at the Democrats passing mandatory alcolocks for cars with their "infrastructure" tax break bill, for no other reason than to make people angry at Democrats over their nanny-state tendencies. Gotta lessen the impact of your own legislation as much as possible!

“lessen the impact” implies that this won’t be the only part of the legislation that voters can discern directly affecting their own lives

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Hey friend, I came to pick up your drunk rear end as requested, get in the car.
:car then refuses to start due to alcohol in the air:

Yes, this is a good idea that has clearly been thought out.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

The Demilich posted:

Hey friend, I came to pick up your drunk rear end as requested, get in the car.
:car then refuses to start due to alcohol in the air:

Yes, this is a good idea that has clearly been thought out.

lol

the democrats!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Declared the designated driver for the 8th time in a row because my car is the oldest out of all my friends.

DemsBad
Jan 11, 2021

by Hand Knit
it was already mentioned but public transportation actually reduces drunk driving, but that isnt half baked enough I guess. gotta keep those private handouts rolling somehow

in the infrastructure bill, no less, lmao

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DemsBad posted:

it was already mentioned but public transportation actually reduces drunk driving, but that isnt half baked enough I guess. gotta keep those private handouts rolling somehow

in the infrastructure bill, no less, lmao

If you take public transportation then you don't need car insurance. It's almost like there's no lobbying for public goods and I can't figure out why.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Seems like a really stupid feature that no one wants that is going to be trivially easy for anyone to campaign against and even if is never implemented will be pointed to as an example of stupid poo poo being done at the behest of lobbyists with no consideration for real world impacts.

some tech shithead will bribe them to mandate his fancy new solution which doesn't actually work at all, randomly breaks and costs several hundred dollars to fix, and will cause you to fail inspection if it's out

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Luckily you can also bribe the inspector. System works!

Griz
May 21, 2001

NY has been on a centralized electronic system for years now, the days of paying your cousin's sketchy friend $60 to dodge your $30 inspection are long gone.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Griz posted:

NY has been on a centralized electronic system for years now, the days of paying your cousin's sketchy friend $60 to dodge your $30 inspection are long gone.

In my state the dem governor put in vehicle inspection stations in the 90s and the next time a gop governor got in they were all torn down and that was the last of that

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
biden ran on a plan to charge people a one time fee for every single gun they owned. for some reason this got absolutely no play in the media. of course, nothing ever came of it because biden doesn't do anything but eat ice cream and poo poo himself.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

biden ran on a plan to charge people a one time fee for every single gun they owned. for some reason this got absolutely no play in the media. of course, nothing ever came of it because biden doesn't do anything but eat ice cream and poo poo himself.

please do not denigrate a whole way of life for some people

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/anar_christ/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lmao "we acknowledge your buying power has gone down, our solution is to reduce your buying power more"

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Every gun and every magazine which would have been the real financial killer.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Can't believe spending 2% of GDP on actually helping Americans caused a huge spike in inflation - not just in the US but worldwide, somehow!!! drat guys we'd better be careful with all this "government spending" and "helping people" stuff!

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lol I hope this piece of poo poo loses in 2024

And no I’m not voting

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

MLSM posted:

And no I’m not voting

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Buying a six pack of bud light and anointing every car in the parking lot like a priest with holy water but with beer to prevent people from going home by activating their anti alcohol locking measures introduced in The Most Important Progressive Legislation Ever Conceived, preferably in the middle of January.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Biden's argument was being framed by a hostile reporter and was more like "the economy is HOT HOT HOT since we sent out these checks so hey, there's a little inflation, we'll deal with it!" which isn't quite as directly an own goal, but it is like turning the ball over directly to an attacker standing right in front of your net. It also both minimizes people who are still struggling and links government spending directly to inflation, which people are absolutely psychotically vigilant about. (People even complain about inflation when it's low, so when it's actually high, yikes.)

It would take a lot more talent and imagination than even a young Joe Biden had to avoid massive a massive public backlash in that scenario and obviously old, decrepit Joe isn't even close to up to it. See thread title.

Mellow Seas has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Nov 12, 2021

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
leaked pre-recorded footage of the democrats getting destroyed in 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QgD2RFFmY&t=1200s

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

MLSM posted:

And no I’m not voting

Aww come on, at least vote for Jeb! or something

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I'm writing in Orbmom

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

MLSM posted:

And no I’m voting for Kanye.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wow, can't believe none of you are strategically casting a vote. At least wait to pledge your vote until we know who will send the most liberals into a frothing rage when you tell them who you voted for!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lib and let die posted:

Wow, can't believe none of you are strategically casting a vote. At least wait to pledge your vote until we know who will send the most liberals into a frothing rage when you tell them who you voted for!

i can just lie lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
this is going to be the most important election of our lifetimes

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Centrist Committee posted:

this is going to be the most important election of our lifetimes

Yes it will also be the last because democrats will lose as hard as is possible and then the GOP will just outlaw the Dems.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

CaptainACAB posted:

Yes it will also be the last because democrats will lose as hard as is possible and then the GOP will just outlaw the Dems.

donate now to save democracy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Centrist Committee posted:

donate now to save democracy

Well at least if Dems are locked up they will stop sending out those crazy ex-like pleading emails.

Maddy can you space one dollar?

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Feldegast42 posted:

Aww come on, at least vote for Jeb! or something

That's what I did last year. Jeb!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

wuh oh lol

https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1459756951617814528

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://twitter.com/Zeleena4/status/1459759572042883079

wimplo rear end party lol