Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZ0L1_MS8Y

In the first 20 seconds: "Are you sure it's not don't wake daddy? Because when daddy gets up... the beatings begin" -literally lowtax 2013

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shame Boy posted:

lmao the replies so far are full of enormous babies and I am glad they're upset that the big mean trans agenda is ruining their videogames or whatever.

:same:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

So when will the college of Cardinals gather to select a new Lowtax?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
begonetax

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!

That was fast

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

lmao the replies so far are full of enormous babies and I am glad they're upset that the big mean trans agenda is ruining their videogames or whatever.

big same

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Also proudly wearing this today

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Well, I guess I should say something too. RIP Lowtax, he certainly touched a lot of lives.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

So when will the college of Cardinals gather to select a new Lowtax?

I think Lowtax did a Pope Benedict already and that's why we have Jeffrey now

telloc
May 20, 2001

cult of personality
We’ll drat. RIP in Peace.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

:yeah:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait i change my mind, imagining adam curtis narrating the rise and fall of lowtax and SA is way funnier than thinking about some npr nerd doing it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nitnen posted:

I had surgery when I was 14 and the only way my mom could get me to show any signs of consciousness afterward was to purposely make me mad by misquoting AYB, and I think you might be the only person on planet earth who has a small chance of appreciating this story

lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Erulisse posted:

are these inflating in value yet?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Kissinger has taken another soul

RIP Richard

Insufferable Git
Jan 1, 2012

RIP Richard C Mongler Kyanka.

ass is my canvas
Jun 7, 2003

comin' down the street
Just hours before I saw this, I randomly decided to google up Rich's drama. I heard rumors of something months ago but was too lazy to do all the reading. After a quick read I logged onto the forums for old times sake.

A few hours later another forum member DM'd me the news.

I sensed a great disturbance in the farce.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do we know how he died yet?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Morshu posted:

That was fast

This is the dude who had a milkshake splashed on him and spent at least a solid week or two pretending it gave him permanent brain damage or whatever it was, so yeah not surprising

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
So long, Richard. You might have been a shitbag. Deep down we're probably all shitbags.

Whatever else you did in this world, your forums have changed the lives of thousands of people over the past 20 years. Probably a lot of us have personalities that were shaped by growing into adults on here.

So I guess that's something.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Nitnen posted:

It's stupid as hell that this tune still rips 2 decades later

this one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTIIMJ9tUc8

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Web 1.0 guys getting thin on the ground.

:rip: you made a bunch of bad decisions and then kept on doing it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

There it is, now I'm crying.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

For all we know this is what happened

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Bye bitch

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Erulisse posted:

:same:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
in memory of broken promises and broken spines

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
End of an era even with all his poo poo. RIP i guess

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lowtax enjoying quality, never-miss bigpeeler content in the afterlife for all eternity

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Drakkel posted:

This is the dude who had a milkshake splashed on him and spent at least a solid week or two pretending it gave him permanent brain damage or whatever it was, so yeah not surprising

No I think that was Andy Ngo. I don't think IMC/stillgrey has ever been to America

(He's from and lives in Malaysia iirc)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I still have every volume of the YTMND soundtrack because there's a hell of a lot of genuinely good songs on it and I am not ashamed to admit that :colbert:

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
bye I guess

Nyarlathotep
May 29, 2003
I guess he finally succumbed to the injuries from when Uwe Boll kicked his rear end.
Who am I going to send "Dear Richard" emails to now?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Drakkel posted:

different guy. the linked dude is the video game journalist who lives in malaysia or some poo poo but was radicalized as a republican supporter and alt-right dude by gamergate

Directrix
Jun 20, 2000

h

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I have been sitting for hours debating whether or not to disclose this, and I feel like it's something I do need to get off of my chest.
Frankly, I'm tried of being quiet. I've mostly had to stay quiet for years about things happening behind the scenes. I've held things inside so long and so hard my chest physically hurt the same way it is now.

I considered not sharing this out of respect for Rich's parents and sister, but after thinking on the incredibly vitriolic wall of text Rich's Mother sent to me this morning, saying upon many other things, that his blood is on my hands, I need to share it to regain some sense of control over what's taken place in the past 48 hours.

Yesterday I recieved a divorce ruling that would help me and my daughter stay in our home in Canada and allow me to provide a good life for her as well as pay back numerous debts that had accrued during the past two years when I was receiving $350 a month in child support.

In the divorce ruling the judge found that Rich had willfully spent down the martial fund, confirmed his treatment of me was Domestic Violence and put together a plan to pay for the attorney fees etc. He would still retain custody settled on previously in mediation. He was due to get our daughter for Christmas.

An hour later I was contacted by my attorney who informed me that Rich had shot himself earlier in the morning.

So. There it is.
His other ex and I got to tell our children that their father died without saying goodbye to them, or that he loved them, or to my knowledge, left a note for them.

If you've made it this far thank you for giving me space to let this go so I know longer have to hold onto it.

LadyAmbien fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 11, 2021

NextWish
Sep 19, 2002

does this accept still work?

edit: goodbye you crazy fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/cH4Zj5S.png mod edit: <-this picture got a big ol dildo

e: Lowtax shot himself rather than provide for his kid?

Rest in piss you piece of poo poo.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 12, 2021