Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

kalleboo posted:

I'm really amazed by how many usernames I still remember a decade later
remembering that space dog after 10+ years really crack-pinged me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

Orenthal posted:

I'm happy for you that you had a good experience with him and I wouldn't want to rob you of that, but personally you lost me at "not my loving problem."

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

tldr

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Now I’m never gonna get my spaceship jpg

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Facebook Aunt posted:

What if the birb was the real KM? Controlling that poor human because birbs don't have credit cards.

Birds can get credit cards they just can't read the 3-digit number off the back because they get distracted by the hologram

Bird facts

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Logan posted her thoughts publicly on her FB:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

who tf is koalas march

Cool & good. Known for posting gifs of black women and making racists angry.

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tunicate posted:

We should get them a laptop.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Holy poo poo! I don't check in here for 2 days and this happens? Wow...goonspeed.

Orenthal
Apr 14, 2008

I got 99 problems but a bitc 98 problems
this page has more text than all of the other pages combined

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Logan posted her thoughts publicly on her FB:

logan can suck my deflated sack

Pledio
Jun 19, 2001

PIZZA VILLAIN
First post in over a decade but I felt obligated to come back here and say something, as an old-timer to this place.

Lowtax went off the deep end, and at the same time, he gave me a place that introduced me to friends I still have today, relationships that petered out, and a whole bunch of weird, off the wall poo poo I can't properly explain to non-internet folks. I tried explaining Gooncons to someone a few years back to strange glances. Gooncon certainly didn't age well, but the pictures and memories are oddly symbolic of a time in my life where I was trying to figure out who I was, and got to share in that with folks as weird as I was (And still am, oh well).

I joined this god-forsaken corner of the internet when I was a teenager in high school, and now I'm approaching 40. My reg date is over 20 years old. Good lord. What staying power this site has had, for better, for worse. It's a shame Lowtax had to do himself like this, he had more impact on the entirety of us goons than I think he ever gave himself credit for. But he turned into who he was, and it makes me incredibly sad to think about. A goon-friend of mine died about a year ago this week, and I can't help but think of the weird timing. He didn't turn into the lovely train wreck that Rich did, but he too fought demons. I was a drunk piece of poo poo for many years, until I decided to face my addictions and poo poo mental health. It's never too late to stop being an awful person, even if you're an on awful site like this (pun intended?)

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?

gently caress SNEEP posted:

is this your tweet where you threaten to beat up lowtax's ex wives who he abused?
:waycool:

Yes, thats same person. They really want attention badly.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Futa Snake posted:

logan can suck my deflated sack

he used to always get his new partners to post on here about how crazy and evil his old partners were and its weird that youre doing it after he died

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
This whole situation is just tragic. I feel for everyone involved. There's a lot of he said she said going around right now and honestly i don't know who is right, all i know is a father is dead and that its no one's fault, not even his own. It's the disease of depression that's at fault. He had to have been holding so much hurt in to get to this point. There's a randy newman song called "i just want you to hurt like i do" that comes to mind. All I'll say is, especially for men, if you can't take it anymore, get help before you end up hurting others or yourself. It's okay to need help.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I wish his ex wives and children the best, and it is nice that the fund me is doing so well. I am glad to make a contribution.

SleepyK
May 21, 2008
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2677445

quote:

A sudden loss of wealth in middle or older age may be linked to an increased risk of death, according to a study published in April in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

The study pointed to an association between negative wealth shock — the loss of at least three-quarters of a person’s net worth over a two-year period — and an increased risk of death for people over age 50.

Researchers followed adults through the Health and Retirement Study and collected mortality data from the National Death Index and postmortem interviews with families. Among the study sample of more than 8,700 adults, or about 26 percent, had experienced a negative wealth shock, and about 750 people, or almost 7 percent, had no or negative assets at the study baseline. The increased risk of death doubled for people who had negative wealth shocks compared with people who had continuous positive wealth, and increased by 67 percent for people with no assets compared with people who had continuous positive wealth.

Lowtax was a fifty year old man at heart and apparently also a horrible person? Anyways :rip: Goondolences. Suicides suck.

SleepyK fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 12, 2021

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

juggalo baby coffin posted:

he used to always get his new partners to post on here about how crazy and evil his old partners were and its weird that youre doing it after he died

no i knew she was bad news when she entered my DMs before the drama between them even happened, we got our own history

tax man and I did talk about her because we had history, he would want her to stay the gently caress away from him if she haunted his afterlife too.

ambien made accusations against me so I don't trust a loving thing she says.

also still weird anyone thinks I'm a "new partner" when we literally just played coop games together. I'm just a friend who gave a poo poo when no one else did.

Futa Snake fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 12, 2021

loddite
Apr 17, 2012

I wish everyone who dies goes to hell no matter what.
whys this thread still open

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I started reading the forums when I was young. Back then, flowers smelled flowery, curly fries were curly, and a picture of a cat with a stupid expression passed for humor. Now I'm old. When I fart, all that comes out is a fine gray dust. I will miss Lowtax because I found his posts funny when my brain was not yet fully developed, and I will always miss the times when I was young, and the skin of my face didn't look like an old lady's coinpurse. In conclusion, Something Awful is a land of contrasts.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

one thing i keep thinking of is one time playing the friday the 13th game with some goons, and lowtax, and his oldest daughter (lauren?). i remember lowtax pleading with her when she was jason to not kill him and her just cackling. they seemed to have a great relationship and idk its just really sad to me that he couldnt have been that guy all the time, and that that guy is never coming back.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Tunicate posted:

lol if you actually believe this

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
We post to bury lowtax, not to praise him.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Pledio posted:

First post in over a decade but I felt obligated to come back here and say something, as an old-timer to this place.

Lowtax went off the deep end, and at the same time, he gave me a place that introduced me to friends I still have today, relationships that petered out, and a whole bunch of weird, off the wall poo poo I can't properly explain to non-internet folks. I tried explaining Gooncons to someone a few years back to strange glances. Gooncon certainly didn't age well, but the pictures and memories are oddly symbolic of a time in my life where I was trying to figure out who I was, and got to share in that with folks as weird as I was (And still am, oh well).

I joined this god-forsaken corner of the internet when I was a teenager in high school, and now I'm approaching 40. My reg date is over 20 years old. Good lord. What staying power this site has had, for better, for worse. It's a shame Lowtax had to do himself like this, he had more impact on the entirety of us goons than I think he ever gave himself credit for. But he turned into who he was, and it makes me incredibly sad to think about. A goon-friend of mine died about a year ago this week, and I can't help but think of the weird timing. He didn't turn into the lovely train wreck that Rich did, but he too fought demons. I was a drunk piece of poo poo for many years, until I decided to face my addictions and poo poo mental health. It's never too late to stop being an awful person, even if you're an on awful site like this (pun intended?)

:goonsay:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
imagine thinking its hard or even interesting to catfish a twice divorced gen xer with kids (or pretend to)

"the depressed, k-addicted alimony golem is chatting with me! im so clever, and also this 10bux nft is priced reasonably at 50k"

Furb
Apr 17, 2001

Barudak posted:

We should get them a laptop.

Integral might have one kicking around.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Lowtax came through Chicago at one point. We had a goonmeet at an arcade bar in Logan Square and he showed up at some point. My brother asked him about the spaceships he promised us and Lowtax draped some dental floss on him and said that was going to have to do. Then he asked my brother's then-girlfriend to bring him a glass of piss from the bathroom because he didn't like the beer he ordered. Guess this is my only Lowtax story and nothing's changing that now

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
kinda amused at all the old timers coming back, still with their tiny ancient 100x100 50kb or whatever it was avatars.

Man that takes me back.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

loddite posted:

whys this thread still open

People are going to post about it, so it's better to have one thread than to have it infecting every thread.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

Wild.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Futa you were his next intended victim and you don't even realize it and that's what's so sad, he was literally grooming you the same way he did others

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I wonder what Lowtax and Norm MacDonald are joking about in heaven right now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

"Logan Day is a psycho" coming from a weirdo posting a dead man's suicidal ideations from private chatlogs

I don't know Logan but this glass house you're building is looking awfully lovely

Futa Snake
Nov 12, 2021

legal mistress

fosborb posted:

imagine thinking its hard or even interesting to catfish a twice divorced gen xer with kids (or pretend to)

"the depressed, k-addicted alimony golem is chatting with me! im so clever, and also this 10bux nft is priced reasonably at 50k"

do you not have any online friends or what

i'm trans, i can bro down and hoe down, the gently caress you assuming I'm trying to bang him for?

i met a hero in his fall from grace, related on some pain, and chatted about life.

i live with my partner i've been dating for 5 years? I wasn't going to move to Missouri?

HonorableTB posted:

Futa you were his next intended victim and you don't even realize it and that's what's so sad, he was literally grooming you the same way he did others

i literally have my own life and goals my dude

Heath posted:

"Logan Day is a psycho" coming from a weirdo posting a dead man's suicidal ideations from private chatlogs

I don't know Logan but this glass house you're building is looking awfully lovely

Don't act like you weren't curious to see them. I'd rather have his word on why he did it than yours on the matter out on the internet.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Interesting 11th hour twist that lowtax hit it off with a “futa snake” in his final days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

i heard lowtax used to sleep in an oxygen tent that he believed gave him sexual powers