Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

You could pop a 'confirm' dialog for that.

"Do you really want to unbookmark the thread 'Let's Play the Cat Butt Game'?"

That sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

In the Spankykong build we've put an e: icon in the top left corner of the Private Messages that brings up the delete buttons next to each PM when toggled. I think this'd do the trick with the Bookmark deletion too. You can't trigger it by accident and there's no long press required.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

Swooping in to reassure that I themed the already existing edit button on PMs :v:

I do agree with spanky that it's probs the best way to go. But I've never accidentally unbookmarked anything so I'm not opinionated on the subject

E: like, removing the swipe gesture and keeping the long press unbookmark option in the list of actions would also work

commie kong fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 7, 2021

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Too much interruption to the “flow” of things imo. I’d say popping up a brief “Thread UnBookmarked. Undo?” at the bottom of the screen like gmail does when you swipe away a thread would be plenty. Beyond that don’t get quite so plastered?

This is dreadful for 1) the reasons already described, specifically the message delete flow 2) the incredible “no, the children are wrong” energy of blaming the user for invoking a destructive action, with no undo, that’s really easy to trigger accidentally

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

why do the numbers next to my bookmarks have different colors?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Achmed Jones posted:

They match the colour star you're using for those threads on the website.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

Because you can change the color of bookmarks on the control panel or main forum by clicking the star multiple times

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Achmed Jones posted:

the red means “stop, don’t go into the Switch Thread it sucks in there”

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

huh, cool. thanks y'all!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Ok Comboomer posted:

the red means “stop, don’t go into the Switch Thread it sucks in there”

*stux

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

lmao

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Were the thread icons redrawn at a higher resolution for the app? They look very different, some good some bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Arivia posted:

Were the thread icons redrawn at a higher resolution for the app? They look very different, some good some bad.

Every thread icon had to be remade to fit the square shape, most of which were upscaled in that process.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not sure if this counts as a bug exactly as it might be a forums issue buuuut...

If you navigate to a new thread from another thread and then bookmark that new thread when you go to your bookmarks it shows a blank where the unread posts number is. If you click on that thread it takes you to the first post vs. where you actually left off.

Not like its a big deal just a little weird.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Not sure if this counts as a bug exactly as it might be a forums issue buuuut...

If you navigate to a new thread from another thread and then bookmark that new thread when you go to your bookmarks it shows a blank where the unread posts number is. If you click on that thread it takes you to the first post vs. where you actually left off.

Not like its a big deal just a little weird.

You are doing a dance with the noseen parameter added to linked threads. That affects how the forums record your seen state

I think you can progress to a second page of the linked thread, which will drop the noseen parameter and save your position as that page.

Or you can manually mark any post as read if you're wanting to return later?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Can't speak for the app, but:
If you followed a noseen=1 link (for example, the kind from the leper's colony or search), the forums won't record any read progress on the page you visit unless you manually navigate to a different part of that thread yourself. On the forums side, we plan to eventually add a tiny note at the top of any noseen=1 page to clarify that this is happening, so there is no confusion.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok thanks!

I just checked and I don’t see -noseen on this link

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3984313

Does it automatically get added when you navigate from it?

Really it’s not a big deal just a little weird.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Possible bug report here!

According to a mod PM, reports I’ve been making through the app are marked NSFW even though I’ve been careful not to hit that toggle. Don’t know if anyone else has this problem or would even know.

Awful 5.11 on iOS 14.8.1, in case that matters.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I did notice that there have been a lot of NWS-tagged reports for things that were not NWS lately; an app bug would certainly go far to explain that. Glad someone was able to figure out why that might be happening, because it was very confusing.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lmao oops it's probably not working right since it's not like i can test it or anything. how does the checkbox work on the background? what's it looking for to decide it's NWS or not?

e: currently we set the nws post parameter to "yes" if nws and "no" if not. i'm guessing any value for that parameter causes it to be treated as nws and we need to leave the param off if not?

carry on then fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 13, 2021

astral
Apr 26, 2004

carry on then posted:

lmao oops it's probably not working right since it's not like i can test it or anything. how does the checkbox work on the background? what's it looking for to decide it's NWS or not?

When an HTML checkbox input element is not checked, that input is not supposed to be included with form submission. I took a quick peek and it looks like you're sending a value even when it's meant to be unchecked.

e:f;slightly beaten by your edit

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

That's not always really evident from an API design perspective. I'll make the change.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

carry on then posted:

That's not always really evident from an API design perspective. I'll make the change.

Less an API thing and more the nature of how <input type="checkbox"> works. No worries; appreciate the fix! :)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

astral posted:

Less an API thing and more the nature of how <input type="checkbox"> works. No worries; appreciate the fix! :)

Ok, verified in the debugger that we should be sending the parameters you expect based on the toggle. Let me know if you want me to do a test report somewhere that actually goes through.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

carry on then posted:

Ok, verified in the debugger that we should be sending the parameters you expect based on the toggle. Let me know if you want me to do a test report somewhere that actually goes through.

Sounds good; feel free to report something in the Apps forum as a test if you'd like.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

astral posted:

Sounds good; feel free to report something in the Apps forum as a test if you'd like.

Ok, if I did it right there should be two reports, one not NWS and one NWS, from that forum.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

It went perfectly. Thanks again!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'm surprised reports even have an NSFW flag. does that get used a lot

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Well yes, that’s kind of the problem :v:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

b_d posted:

i'm surprised reports even have an NSFW flag. does that get used a lot

It's a fairly recent addition.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

that's even more surprising.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Would it be possible to get the thread tags from the football forum added?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Rick posted:

Would it be possible to get the thread tags from the football forum added?

I’m gonna make a semi-public commitment here to add some missing thread tags in my free time tomorrow.

I wish we never added these things to the app because they’re a maintenance nightmare.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It is zero rush and I appreciate it and understand non-automated stuff like this becomes a hassle.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I probably overstated how strongly I feel about it a bit. The app is better off having them, and it’s not that bad as long as you take the time to work on it more than once every year or two.

I’ve added a bunch. Pretty sure you should all see them already. They popped up on my phone pretty much immediately at least.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

They look nice :)

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
Random af but I was wondering who created the :v: animated loading logo? I love it lol

I mean hell on that note, thank you all for this beautiful app :D

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

That was me! Stay tuned for a refreshed animation in the near future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same, I've inwardly gone :golfclap: every time I've seen it (and that's a lot of times lol)