Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ballz posted:

Wait, is Caro confirmed alive? I thought he died in that prison around 2015.

Yeah, it was one of the most surprising things in recent memory. I think he actually posted once or twice since, but probably is wisely kept off the Internet for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Caro is alive, Gorgeous George is dead. This thread has been a whirlwind of emotions.

RIP Screamy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The X-man cometh posted:

Caro was a schizophrenic who refused treatment, went to fight Khadafy in Libya and later ended up in a Syrian prison. He outlived Lowtax.

Are there multiple people from this website who did similar things or is the same as the person who pretended they were a reporter that I heard a podcast about?

E: apparently the same person.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

The X-man cometh posted:

Caro was a schizophrenic who refused treatment, went to fight Khadafy in Libya and later ended up in a Syrian prison. He outlived Lowtax.

probably drank less mangosteen.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Moai Ou posted:

I'm mainly a lurker, but when I heard about the death, I thought I should post after finally catching up with the thread.

I never had the opportunity to meet him in person, but I wish that I had. Honestly, I can't even think of a time we interacted online, but he definitely had an attractive presence.
I'll admit, he was flawed, and I truly wish his anger didn't have to continue after death.
Love him or hate him, there's no denying that he brought the forums together in his own way. I just hope he can finally find peace.

I'll miss you Screamy.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

screamy doesn't deserve this

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
:screamy:

Screamy the Fish
Nov 14, 2021

by sebmojo

gently caress SNEEP posted:

screamy doesn't deserve this

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I, Screamy

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I Have No Mouth But I Must Screamy

Noisycat
Jul 6, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie, you are supporting underground furry terrorists.
Screamy Mami the Magic Angel

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

They called him Screamy!

Screamyyyyy :screamy:

And he drove the fastest freezer in the west.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Anyone else have the opening riff to Immigrant Song stuck in their head after watching this?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

RaoulDuke12 posted:

It’s been like 8 years since I visited this site but I had to see if it was the Mangosteen that did him in. Sad to see it was far less funny.

I dunno how to really feel, I wasn’t really aware of his life situation but it sounds pretty lovely for all involved. Personal matters nonwithstanding, this website was the foundation of internet culture for a lot of people, and it’s humor will echo throughout it for eternity, so while I don’t blame anyone for not sucking his dick in here, I do have some respect from a historical perspective for what he built, and wistful nostalgia for how much of a loving rear end in a top hat spending the majority of my early 20s on this site turned me into.

That’s all I got. I’m old and useless and out of touch so flame the poo poo out of me. If my reg date is before you were born I’ll buy you plat. Is that still a thing?

lol i was born in 2002. and am an adult??? epic & win...,

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

hbag posted:

lol i was born in 2002. and am an adult??? epic & win...,

sry to inform but if u were born in 2002 ur a baby

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
u were 2 years old when i bought this account lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is Gorgeous George really dead? Google pulls up a memorial but it looks like it was somebody loving with him.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

g0lbez posted:

u were 2 years old when i bought this account lol

i was also born exactly 9 months after 9/11 which is wacky & cool

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hbag posted:

I realized while you were probated the most recent time where I've seen your current avatar so now that makes two.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
i love screaming fish

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Hot drat this thread went places, I probably missed half of the big beats. His demons have probably set up shop in a 27 year old ex mennonite alcoholic lying next to a rotting teddy bear in an alley somewhere at 3am after trying and failing to punch out his last friend. I wish the three extended families well, hopefully they never read what was probably a weird, gross, horny thread with some light comedy starring a dead fish reference that I won't pretend to understand.

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Hot drat this thread went places, I probably missed half of the big beats. His demons have probably set up shop in a 27 year old ex mennonite alcoholic lying next to a rotting teddy bear in an alley somewhere at 3am after trying and failing to punch out his last friend. I wish the three extended families well, hopefully they never read what was probably a weird, gross, horny thread with some light comedy starring a dead fish reference that I won't pretend to understand.

At least two family members have probably read the whole dang thread by now. Sorry. :(

astral
Apr 26, 2004

RaoulDuke12 posted:

I was banking on a lack of teenagers here to prevent financial ruin for myself so that’s good to hear.

Edit: also apparently I had a 100000 hour probation in effect so I wouldn’t have had access to my account until 2017 anyway so i don’t feel that bad for not visiting gently caress the mods ban me

Your rap sheet makes it look like the 100k was almost immediately reversed, for what it's worth. :shrug:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I'm not sure of my original regdate, but I remember all the eFront stuff. Was that the late 90s?

Anyway I know it isn't the popular opinion for this case and Lowtax obviously seems to have had issues, but suicide is sad. My dad committed suicide a while back and it sucked a lot, there's no winner here at all.

Not a bad thing to get some laughs but overall really what a mess.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

It was me, I just bought it cuz I wanted to do that "believe hard enough" thing and then be all "wow it worked :O". Sorry you had to find out about Screamy-Santa this way

I have no words, thank you so much

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh phew, I thought the Washington Post had written an article about Lowtax.

...Now how do we get them to write an article about Screamy?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
This thread is a wild ride, lmao

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

antidote posted:

I'm not sure of my original regdate, but I remember all the eFront stuff. Was that the late 90s?

Anyway I know it isn't the popular opinion for this case and Lowtax obviously seems to have had issues, but suicide is sad. My dad committed suicide a while back and it sucked a lot, there's no winner here at all.

Not a bad thing to get some laughs but overall really what a mess.
This is a reasonable thought. Just lovely misery from those actions. No joy to be found.

Thankfully we all got to see one last beacon of hope from our dearly departed, yet new fishy friend.

Screamy the Fish
Nov 14, 2021

by sebmojo

B33rChiller posted:

This is a reasonable thought. Just lovely misery from those actions. No joy to be found.

Thankfully we all got to see one last beacon of hope from our dearly departed, yet new fishy friend.

:screamy:

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
i met some of my closest friends, some that are furries and some that are trans and some that are queer, on this forum, and I met another furry in this, the funeral thread of dick kyanka. Rest in Peace lotax

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

antidote posted:

Probably formed in '99, but all the drama relating to it and its collapse happened in 2001.

GypsyScot
Oct 31, 2005

mmmm... sheep...

hbag posted:

drat I feel old, I was your age on 9/11.

Raxkor
Jan 19, 2013

What the actual or implied fuck?!

kilus aof posted:

Goldbelly stock price plunged.

Having just looked through their site, how in the world do they justify those prices?! Am I missing something?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Raxkor posted:

Having just looked through their site, how in the world do they justify those prices?! Am I missing something?

It's a site that allows you to order food from a variety of places around the country--it's expensive because it costs a lot to package, ship, etc.:

quote:

Another catch is shipping costs. They’re part of the reason prices on the site are so high — a major criticism. Meals that feed 15 people cost as much as $400. Many of the items are around $60 to $130. A box of a half dozen doughnuts from Doughnut Plant goes for $65 (that’s $11 per doughnut). A sample set of Mueller’s ribs goes for $329, discounted from $529. It feeds 12 to 15 people, or $22 to $27 per person, versus about $15 to $18 per person if purchased at the restaurant. Goldbely says it works with merchants to determine a retail price, which in the end includes shipping, handling, and Goldbely’s undisclosed transaction fees added on.

https://www.eater.com/2017/7/28/16001050/goldbely-food-delivery

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014
I guess I should order a 40 from Goldbelly and pour it out for our homie, Lowtax. I mean, it will cost $120 that way, but it's what he would have wanted, right?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Is there a pic of screamy when he was alive?

Raxkor
Jan 19, 2013

What the actual or implied fuck?!

Sir John Falstaff posted:

It's a site that allows you to order food from a variety of places around the country--it's expensive because it costs a lot to package, ship, etc.:

Ahh, that makes a bit of sense, but drat. I doubt I would drop 11$ on a single doughnut. We certainly live in a society.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1459398678293196800?s=20

John Cleese which year in the early 2000s did you reg

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

twitter rots your brain
as such i am deeply concerned about all these "PM me your furry twitter" posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

JosefStalinator posted:

Is there a pic of screamy when he was alive?

There sure is!