Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I am rolling in late, what things will I stumble upon.

Sandicap posted:

I am playing in a game that is larger than my preference. Bah humbug.

I always wanted to ask why 15 was a hard limit for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My brain has trouble holding on to that many interactions simultaneously. I tend to get overwhelmed when I actually try, so it pushes me to not try, which means I am not happy with my level of play, which means I have less fun playing.

But Yami asked me nicely, and I have a hard time saying no, so here I am.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote maerlyn suspicious d1 posting

I hadn't even posted anything yet, nice try

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

Yeah, this game I think skews older, mafia-wise, that the handful we've had lately. As far as I can see, anyway, not that I have much of a frame of reference.

So I am here to play the part of the newbie, because someone has to, and Deadmeat still hasn't reported (Circlr I think is not that new).

How do you play this?

Yay Shell! I am glad you are playing :) I hope we are on the same side but now I'm a little worried. This is not your first game so what are you talking about?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ya'll need poo poo fixed come see me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hal Insandenza posted:

My new theory is we start by voting out the least experienced players and work backwards from there

Not a big fan, gotta let the newbies play otherwise how will they become oldbies?

Let's go in reverse, whoever has the most games played.....:devil:

##vote Hal

(I'm guessing 500+ is most, I'm not actually checking)

Shellception posted:

Down for it, but let's get a compromise: least, then most, then least, then most. Get the game down to the median by LYLO, it's the better outcome, statistically speaking.

This sounds more reasonable.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

##vote: Binus

This is usually correct.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
##vote: Plastic

This is usually correct.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandicap posted:

My brain has trouble holding on to that many interactions simultaneously. I tend to get overwhelmed when I actually try, so it pushes me to not try, which means I am not happy with my level of play, which means I have less fun playing.

But Yami asked me nicely, and I have a hard time saying no, so here I am.

I can relate - I was going to pass because I can't put in the same amount of effort in two games or I'll go mad, but I'm going to try to handle things differently. We'll see how successful I am.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My power is out and my internet is crap so I might not be able to post much until tomorrow

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CirclMastr posted:

My power is out and my internet is crap so I might not be able to post much until tomorrow

This doesn't change anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maerlyn posted:

I hadn't even posted anything yet, nice try

So you admit you aren’t posting town stuff :chord:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

PlasticAutomaton posted:

##vote: Binus

This is usually correct.

You could not be more wrong

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

This doesn't change anything

At least it wasn't "I'm just here so I won't get fined" but we haven't been very welcoming to Circl lately so give him a break

Retro Futurist posted:

So you admit you aren’t posting town stuff :chord:

I hadn't posted any stuff... You're sounding weird again RF, is that normal for you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

At least it wasn't "I'm just here so I won't get fined" but we haven't been very welcoming to Circl lately so give him a break

I gave Circl the same welcome I give all my best mafia friends!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maerlyn posted:

I hadn't posted any stuff... You're sounding weird again RF, is that normal for you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pretty sus of Maerlyn now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Insandenza posted:

For real or did I miss the joke this time

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I want to get away

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
##Vote Maerlyn

Scummy vibes, feels disingenuous in posting.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dexanth posted:

##Vote Maerlyn

Know what kind of people say disingenuous?

scum

##vote Dexanth

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

You could not be more wrong

Oh hey it's a town binus. Thank God.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hal Insandenza posted:

Bifauxnen posted:

For real or did I miss the joke this time

It wouldn't be a mafia game if I didn't gently caress up in some unknown way or say something weird.

I wasn't bothered by RF's vote on me since clearly (I thought) that was a joke, the little add on felt weird though so it pings me a bit. I don't know if that's what Hal's referring to or if it's something else.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh hey it's a town binus. Thank God.

That's not proof, hate to say

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Dex is scum

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

We haven't played together so I do question how Dex would know whether or not I'm being genuine (some things are obviously not genuine, like suggesting we should vote out Hal as an old timer).

I was sincere about Circl though, I do feel a bit bad for him lately and Merk's comment was assholish. That has no bearing on his or my alignment though.

Bifauxnen posted:

I gave Circl the same welcome I give all my best mafia friends!

I'm waiting for the day you *finger guns* me because I've sassed you to the point that I've earned it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I'm waiting for the day you *finger guns* me because I've sassed you to the point that I've earned it.

That's what I was planning on before lol

But then a shiny actual suspicion distracted my magpie brain

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
:siren: You hear a shop's bell jingle, grabbing your attention. Do you enter? :siren:

If you wish to do so, write ##Enter Shop in the thread.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ooooo
##enter shop

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Do I want to quest?

##enter shop

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
##enter shop

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eh I shouldn't bother entering the shop, I don't wanna be greedy, I don't need any special powers or boosts or poo poo, why give scum more reason to wanna take me out

Wait a minute what if they got guns

##Enter Shop

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

please don't give Bif a gun

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandicap posted:

Unless you are Bif, and you specifically get Yami to join a game after taking an extended break, and then shoot him d1.

:roflolmao: Down for a repeat of that. No Mods, no Masters, autogestionated threads!

merk posted:

I think these content games never find scum.

This is actually a good response too, coming from you.

Maerlyn posted:

Yay Shell! I am glad you are playing :) I hope we are on the same side but now I'm a little worried. This is not your first game so what are you talking about?

Nobody had rolled in with the old "new player here how do you play" schtick and the only younger player than me was away, so there was a niche that needed filled. Should anyone care, I've been playing/spectating for a couple months, and I still suck at this.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ya'll need poo poo fixed come see me.

Bah. I got shiny new poo poo, don't want your old crappy poo poo.

Maerlyn posted:

RF sounding weird is kinda normal. You not posting any stuff is more worrying, lol. Someone needs to help me eat the thread. Though Bif is playing, so we'll be probably OK.

b-minus1 posted:

I want to get away

Uh... well, ok? ##vote Binus

Dexanth posted:

##Vote Maerlyn

Mae plays like that, both as scum and as town. She tends to take things literally sometimes, but afaik that's not one of her scumtells (yeah, yeah, I know, meta stuff bad)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

please don't give Bif a gun

Grandi said he preferred a 15 players or less game, so maybe Yami is actually indulging him?

(Please don't give Bif a gun. Or a sword. Or anything kille-y)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I actually really don't wanna hog the cool poo poo but I gotta at least look to see if they got guns haha

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Diligently I enter thread to ##enter shop. Truely truly truly mysterious!!! My brain trembles. I'm SHAKING with LOVE.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Maerlyn posted:

We haven't played together so I do question how Dex would know whether or not I'm being genuine (some things are obviously not genuine, like suggesting we should vote out Hal as an old timer).

I was sincere about Circl though, I do feel a bit bad for him lately and Merk's comment was assholish. That has no bearing on his or my alignment though.

Some things feel scummy, sometimes. Maybe you are not, maybe you will develop feeling townie, but for the start, it pings me~

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Know what kind of people say disingenuous?

scum

##vote Dexanth

pls

b-minus1 posted:

Dex is scum

i wish scum is my favorite role because i love manipulating the hell out of the town

unfortunately i am not

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Shellception posted:

:roflolmao: Down for a repeat of that. No Mods, no Masters, autogestionated threads!

This is actually a good response too, coming from you.

Nobody had rolled in with the old "new player here how do you play" schtick and the only younger player than me was away, so there was a niche that needed filled. Should anyone care, I've been playing/spectating for a couple months, and I still suck at this.

Bah. I got shiny new poo poo, don't want your old crappy poo poo.

RF sounding weird is kinda normal. You not posting any stuff is more worrying, lol. Someone needs to help me eat the thread. Though Bif is playing, so we'll be probably OK.

Uh... well, ok? ##vote Binus

Mae plays like that, both as scum and as town. She tends to take things literally sometimes, but afaik that's not one of her scumtells (yeah, yeah, I know, meta stuff bad)

this gives me slight town vibes, for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

##Enter Shop

I need some new cleaning supplies~