Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There is definitely a scaling problem with the horizon arcade, as well as server issues keeping people from playing it properly.

I still wish there was a list of people participating in each, and their contributions in all events. I would also like some sort of punishment for not contributing at all, because people seem to join them and go AFK, trying to get the points for other people's efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
Now that FH5 has this whole Eventlab feature for creating single player events amd challenges, you'd hope that it also gives the developers some possibilites for making new Horizon Arcade game modes...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just put up a pretty unbeatable time in the D-Class gauntlet. :smug:

(It's actually not great, i just wanna see you dorks waste half an hour beating it)

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 16, 2021

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I have been completely unable to do anything that involves connecting to anything online for like 3 days. Getting booted from the open world online stuff is one thing, but i literally cannot even connect to do specific races or even download paints.

I've rebooted my computer, tried it on both pc and xbox, nothing works.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Powershift posted:

I just put up a pretty unbeatable time in the D-Class gauntlet. :smug:

(It's actually not great, i just wanna see you dorks waste half an hour beating it)

I have clean B and A class times on the gauntlet, not really good times but if you need a reason to do those classes...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

I have clean B and A class times on the gauntlet, not really good times but if you need a reason to do those classes...

The thing is I'm all about the Bentley Blower right now, and it's limited to 600-21 or ~155 section tires, so i think it might start falling off in those higher classes.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
If anyone wants a free dopamine hit, my times should be pretty easy to beat. :smith:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i cant really get mad at people trying to get carried on horizon arcade because its like, pretty dumb and not fun to play. they should make it fun before punishing people imo

the playground games are also pretty stupid but at least have the structure of being some kind of game

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
578/578 roads driven. Hell yeah.

For anybody looking for a... more interesting way to do this than just dragging rear end over every road in the game: I set the difficulty to full auto steering, braking, and automatic shifting, so all I had to do was pick a GPS route and hold the accelerator and the game did the work for me until it was time to pick the next route. It was kinda neat. Felt like I was just bitching at "the driver" about where to go and when to go there. I also didn't have to pay super close attention to the game nearly as much during all this, which helped.

I also used the FE Sesto Elemento so it never got boring. It's not amazing over dirt but the auto-drive is "good enough" over it, and you spend enough time going back over old street routes that it does save time in the end.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 16, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Delorean trip report: got to 88mph

must be something up with the plutonium :tinfoil:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Super No Vacancy posted:

i cant really get mad at people trying to get carried on horizon arcade because its like, pretty dumb and not fun to play. they should make it fun before punishing people imo

the playground games are also pretty stupid but at least have the structure of being some kind of game

If arcade scaled by number of participants like it should, then they’d be dead weight and it would be a problem, and they should get DQ’d for idling or not scoring points or something. But it doesn’t really hurt anyone to just idle there, so whatever. I really hope they’re collecting data on arcade, so they can see how low participation and success rates must be and can make the necessary balance adjustments.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is horizon open ever in anything but S2?

Everybody: the RS200 is unbeatable rally monster
me: hold my cargo

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My favorite thing in this game right now is making loving stupid rally monsters.

I have a souped up Plymouth Cuda 426 Hemi that's tuned for rally and it... actually really owns??

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Powershift posted:

Is horizon open ever in anything but S2?

Everybody: the RS200 is unbeatable rally monster
me: hold my cargo

I had an A class event once, it was the closest I came to actually winning the championship until some rear end in a top hat with a supertuned boneshaker started blasting ahead of everyone and was completely untouchable.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Convex posted:

Delorean trip report: got to 88mph

must be something up with the plutonium :tinfoil:
The gta WASTED color filter really sells this

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Can someone give me simple instructions on how to get my Rivals wins to actually work? Even when I beat a time, it gives me the same person again as the rival. It's frustrating to post higher times over and over but never have it count.

Also, do second laps count? It seems like the first lap will always be slower because you don't have speed built up from a previous lap.

Rivals worked fine in FH4, so I'm not really sure what people are doing to get it working in 5.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Eclipse12 posted:

Can someone give me simple instructions on how to get my Rivals wins to actually work? Even when I beat a time, it gives me the same person again as the rival. It's frustrating to post higher times over and over but never have it count.

Also, do second laps count? It seems like the first lap will always be slower because you don't have speed built up from a previous lap.

Rivals worked fine in FH4, so I'm not really sure what people are doing to get it working in 5.

Currently you have to manually change your rival, it sucks, and hopefully it will be patched.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
My least favorite showcase mission or whatever so far is the Buggy and the Beast one. I needed 3 tries to get 1st in the ridiculously artificial photo finish sequence. No idea what I did differently in the one I won, seemed like I was holding down the gas during the final stretch every time and the game randomly decided to slow down the lead racer.

Then you get some supervised fun with monster truck and it's insanely sensitive to losing your combo because the monster truck lands on its top or even side?? It's a MONSTER TRUCK

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

beggar posted:

Requested to join GRCC, gt beghead

Is this a goon club in the game or something?

Requested to join GRCC, gt PlayGoLucky

Do I need to do anything other than say the magic words? I did try and request an invitation to the Goon Racing Club which came up when I searched GRCC, is that what it is? Not sure the request even went through because nothing happened when I clicked a few times.

GreatGreen posted:

This would be way more useful if races didn't transition from the menu to ˇGO! in under half a second while hiding the UI from you at launch.

That was... not a great design choice. I mean would it have killed them to make starts count down from three and not literally hide the rev meter from players at the start of the race?

The ˇGO! thing is kinda annoying too. Just make it ˇVaya!, everyone will know what it means. Or Ir or Anda or whatever it should actually be in Spanish, I don't know. Wish they'd leaned a little harder on the Mexico thing, maybe even have fully voiced Spanish lines instead of cheeky little inclusions that sound unnatural. I wonder if I could change overall language to Spanish while still maintaining English subtitles?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Play posted:

Is this a goon club in the game or something?

No, it's a familia :v:

More seriously, yeah I agree hiding the ui from players at the start of races is dumb, especially drag races. It's such a stupid and wtf level decision.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 16, 2021

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

super fart shooter posted:

If arcade scaled by number of participants like it should, then they’d be dead weight and it would be a problem, and they should get DQ’d for idling or not scoring points or something. But it doesn’t really hurt anyone to just idle there, so whatever. I really hope they’re collecting data on arcade, so they can see how low participation and success rates must be and can make the necessary balance adjustments.

IIRC in FH4 if you scored 0 in an arcade round you didn't get the forzathon points for that round (I found out after I took a call and/or poo poo during forzathon).

That said I'd imagine participation would be a lot higher if the forzathon shop was actually open and there were things to buy.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 16, 2021

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A reminder that the Current day's forzathon dailies/weeklies are broken.

1. Lose a showcase event if you won it.. winning a showcase event you won does not get you the points
2. Post a clean lap with a rival.. Beat a rival with a dirty lap and then do a clean lap just to make sure it's stupid.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Not sure what changed in the past couple days but now I’m crashing to desktop every 15 minutes.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Giving tuning a try. I won the '65 mini and got obsessed with turning it into a do-everything car, this didn't work out but the dirt version is okay. I practice on San Juan Scramble (please be gentle :( ) but I read the river track is the place to be and:

I'm pretty sure a better driver could take a second off that time. The tune code is 724 894 502 please use/try/point out any flaws in this shameful car

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Play posted:

The ˇGO! thing is kinda annoying too. Just make it ˇVaya!, everyone will know what it means. Or Ir or Anda or whatever it should actually be in Spanish, I don't know. Wish they'd leaned a little harder on the Mexico thing, maybe even have fully voiced Spanish lines instead of cheeky little inclusions that sound unnatural. I wonder if I could change overall language to Spanish while still maintaining English subtitles?

I wish it wasn't a direct sequel to 4's "story" so I wouldn't have to deal with these same ridiculously upbeat british idiots again. I'm going to mexico, at least give me more ridiculously upbeat mexican idiots lol

also quit referring to me as the God King of Cars, drat. it almost feels sarcastic how much they're up your rear end about how you're the lord's gift to going fast

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 16, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

I wish it wasn't a direct sequel to 4's "story" so I wouldn't have to deal with these same ridiculously upbeat british idiots again. I'm going to mexico, at least give me more ridiculously upbeat mexican idiots lol

also quit referring to me as the God King of Cars, drat. it almost feels sarcastic how much they're up your rear end about how you're the lord's gift to going fast

v much agreed, the british voice acting is too loving much sometimes. very small gripes here but while they nailed the mexico map, so far they have really missed on language and culture. I seriously can't understand why the voice actors sound like spoiled posh lames who have never been denied anything in life and are on vacation. they should both have local accents since it seems like they put in more latinx face choices already

second point equally valid. it's way way too much, tone it back like 80% at least

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Babe Magnet posted:

Honestly it's worse because you get British Idiots, Mexican Idiots and if you listen to Horizon Bass an American Idiot as well.

General Probe fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 16, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I hope they set the next game on the moon and have it hosted by the Clangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6CoIwcJ-E

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It seems you can view the specifics of someone else's tune by downloading it in the pre-race menu then going back into tuning.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I'm still finishing up on FH4 and just wanted to post that I finished the LEGO DLC and I feel pretty great about that :smug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I haven't even gotten into tuning or trying other people's tunes at all. Maybe I should but I feel like it's only relevant if you are really time attacking certain tracks. I mostly just play Drivatars on highly skilled and the standard tune for each car is just fine for that

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Has anyone seen an amazing KFC livery with Kim Jung Un as the colonel on the back of the car? I raced against it a few days ago and I'd like to track it down but I don't remember what car it was.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This is so loving dumb that you can't mute people. I'm basically listening to some guy listening to his spanish spotify playlist.

e: and my game crashed, neat

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If anyone is struggling with Cross Country events, I can recommend trying the 2018 Mercedes-Benz X-Class. It's a cheap D class car that for me, when tuned to A, is very easy to beat Expert AI with. It's in the 4x4 & Pickups category and for some reason that category is much easier to compete in than SUV or Offroad in my experience.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

EngineerJoe posted:

Has anyone seen an amazing KFC livery with Kim Jung Un as the colonel on the back of the car? I raced against it a few days ago and I'd like to track it down but I don't remember what car it was.

I've seen this in the livery browser for the BMW Isetta, that weird little microcar. Also, the livery has Nike swooshes that instead say "Nuke" and it also has #sendnukes printed on it. It's kind of confusing, I'm actually not sure if it's pro or anti DPRK

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

God the new customization options are great. Gonna use this as my new road race car :allears:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah all the new livery options (and actual bodywork options I guess) are fantastic. I've been really impressed at the downloadable ones people have submitted

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

God the new customization options are great. Gonna use this as my new road race car :allears:

For some cars they are.

What i don't get is it seems like it would take 10 minutes to adapt that spoiler set-up to any coupe or sedan in the game, yet far superior BMWs like the E39 M5 only have the lovely spoiler out of forza 3 and no other options.

The only spoiler for the TVR Speed 12 is the exact same poo poo one as the M5, but is too narrow for the car.

The actual car had a good BFOS

It's bullshit.

Unrelated: if you put the rally suspension and jack the ride height up on the bentley, it takes all the turns on a very stable 2 wheels.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 16, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I like the Pulse DJ, I think she's fine and has the perfect vibe for the game. The Bass DJ sucks out loud though, completely awful and obnoxious, especially in the wing and a prayer event where he rides in the plane with the pilot guy.

e: I really like this game but I think the online options mostly suck and I am really looking forward to racing Maple Valley with goons come FM8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Albino Squirrel posted:

I'm still finishing up on FH4 and just wanted to post that I finished the LEGO DLC and I feel pretty great about that :smug:

:yeah: