Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So scum bus driver just independently decided to bus drive me and merk? What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t know Voodoo this feels like you’re going out of your way to derive reasons merk isn’t scum. You don’t acknowledge the possibility that merk was scum with a bus driving teammate who saw early bait to maybe confirm themselves or send a kill astray or something because you say you think “merk isn’t that type of player.”

Feels somewhat pointless to answer this but, yes? I don't think merk would run a gambit like that as scum. I think of merk as keeping it simple and playing the odds. no need to bus or make wild plays when you can just lay on your numbers, and considering it didn't look like he had any heat on day 1 why try to make a big move if it isn't necessary?

Some crazy third party claim, though, that makes a bit more sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Something I thought of is maybe it's a random redirect role. I don't know. I can't think of a scum reason to busdrive me with you even if you are scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I could say the whole 'I'll work with the town hahahahahahaa save me' line everyone tries, but you know it would be hollow. I'd work to find the Wolfman and Dracula if you are cool with me doing that.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

scum bus driver, knowing toal claimed they would target merk n1, bus drives you and merk n1 to create chaos

I can't imagine why a scum team would do that!!!! they just got lucky that merk is a guy who targets two town members and kills them if he's right

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

scum bus driver, knowing toal claimed they would target merk n1, bus drives you and merk n1 to create chaos

I can't imagine why a scum team would do that!!!! they just got lucky that merk is a guy who targets two town members and kills them if he's right

A THEORY I HAVE is that Dracula or Wolfman could be a Godfather. That makes me a little better of a 3p role, but I don't know anything about the setup. I'm blatantly guessing to save myself.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

merk posted:

Which means I would be a 3p version of "town-" instead of "town+" because Wolfman and Dracula are probably both town.

why would you think both are town? If I was designing your claimed role I'd make it random or purposefully put your two targets on opposite alignments.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

A THEORY I HAVE is that Dracula or Wolfman could be a Godfather. That makes me a little better of a 3p role, but I don't know anything about the setup. I'm blatantly guessing to save myself.

well let's just have everyone state their flavor

I'm sure the scum team already knows mine since they probably knew taste's from the mod goof

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

why would you think both are town? If I was designing your claimed role I'd make it random or purposefully put your two targets on opposite alignments.

Maybe! I bet you're right! haha. I mean, I'm sure you're right! Heh. Yes, I'm sure both of them are bad guy scum! Let's keep me alive so I can help you out and find them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Maybe! I bet you're right! haha. I mean, I'm sure you're right! Heh. Yes, I'm sure both of them are bad guy scum! Let's keep me alive so I can help you out and find them.

I don't care what alignment they have.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
idk merk you're claiming to wanna kill 2 townies. (monsters are town) and third party. this is some insane death jester defence you're putting on lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

idk merk you're claiming to wanna kill 2 townies. (monsters are town) and third party. this is some insane death jester defence you're putting on lol

:goofy:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

You're still voting me!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

well let's just have everyone state their flavor

I'm sure the scum team already knows mine since they probably knew taste's from the mod goof

taste claimed serial killer and flipped a slasher villain. It wasn't that hard to put together. Bwing a watcher was a weird twist, but not that weird.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

what do we do tomorrow?

yami slipped on the kill

b- is scum

thank you and goon night

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What if, instead, today, we eliminated b- or yami?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I was gonna repeat your own words from squid: "3P need to die immediately" but also:

merk posted:

I could say the whole 'I'll work with the town hahahahahahaa save me' line everyone tries, but you know it would be hollow. I'd work to find the Wolfman and Dracula if you are cool with me doing that.

Nope. ##vote merk

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: merk...couldn't you have made better posts?

Votecount for Day 2

merk (7): Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, hambeet, Mr. Humalong, Maerlyn
Ignatius M. Meen (2): b-minus1, merk, merk, merk, merk, merk
Bifauxnen (0): Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, hambeet, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, merk, merk, merk, hambeet, Mr. Humalong, Maerlyn
hambeet (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
b-minus1 (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): Deadmeat5150, Ignatius M. Meen, Voodoofly

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 17th, 2021 at 7:39 a.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 43 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Unless A) Dracula or Wolfman (don’t kill me merk) are a fake claim for the scumteam and it’ll count for merk’s wincon or B) the scumteam is not so cleanly ‘not monsters’

then merk is saying he needs to kill two town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

taste claimed serial killer and flipped a slasher villain. It wasn't that hard to put together. Bwing a watcher was a weird twist, but not that weird.

your flavor is in the title of your confessional is what i was getting at here

i may not have read his role PM but it was kinda hard not to notice a new, bolded channel appear with "michael-myers" as the name

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

your flavor is in the title of your confessional is what i was getting at here

i may not have read his role PM but it was kinda hard not to notice a new, bolded channel appear with "michael-myers" as the name

some of us aren't habitually checking discord 24/7 >:( :redhammer:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yet another commotion stirred among the convention attendees. One of the attendants claimed that someone had redirected an invite to a private party, and from there, things got violent. One massive argument later, suspicion turned on Willy the Weasel. "Hey hey, pals, if you can't trust your old friend Willy, who can you trust? Well okay listen, I'm here to do a murder, but I didn't do THAT murder, and why are you all looking at me like that? The rest of the monsters responded with a rather traditional angry mob routine, stringing up the animatronic weasel and getting to work violently disabling it.

Merk (Willy the Weasel), Town-Aligned Van...

"Hey.. uh.. isn't that guy supposed to bleed oil, not well.. blood?" One of the monsters walked over and pulled off Willy's head to reveal that it wasn't a machine at all.. .it was a mascot costume! And underneath was...

Merk (Bobby Pickett), Self-Aligned Comedian has been...

"Wait a minute.. that guy's face is in black and white! That doesn't make any sense, this is just a mask!" The mask was pulled off, and the true face of the enemy was finally revealed. The assistant manager quickly ordered his room searched and found a small stockpile of weapons, cleaning supplies, and a pinball machine for some reason. This time, there would be no mercy for.. ...whoever the hell this was.

Merk (The Janitor), Scum-Aligned Busdriver has been lunched!

Surprisingly you are not actually a janitor. Each night you may select two targets and swap them. Any visitors to target A will instead visit target B and vice versa.

You win when your team has uncontested control of the vote.

With one less uninvited guest skulking around, the convention breathed a sigh of relief, and decided to retire for the evening, hoping that this night would be far more peaceful than the last.

Ignatius M. Meen has received a lurker warning!

You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

A new day at the convention begins, and once again, someone hasn't made it to the morning check-up. A search of the hotel finds that where the ancient priest once walked, all that's left of him now is a decaying, inanimate Mummy. One thing has become very clear. This is not over.

Sandwolf (Imhotep), Town-Aligned Vanilla, has been returned to the dead on Night 2!

Other than your vote, you have no other powers. Sorry!

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Day 3 has begun! You have 48 hours. Good luck!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
So... can we talk about how beet is blatantly scum that tried to push people away from Merk now?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh, oh, oh, and how absolutely godawful this post is:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Bif is scum. merk could also be scum, but Bif definitely is.

It makes zero goddamn sense for both of them to be scum in that scenario and anyone who critically thought about it would know that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Beet you are sus of Yami, who you are implying is scum who knows bif is town.

You wanna see Merk flip.

Day ends tomorrow morning for us NAers, just vote Merkle and we can all pick up the game again tomorrow evening/morning.

Oh yeah, while rereading stuff I happened upon this post and uh.

Beet's narrative doesn't make sense anyway, does it?

He's saying bif is scum.

He's also saying I'm scum who knows bif is town.

He's pushing both of these people. Both.

This isn't a logical narrative, this is a scum defensive.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

loving lol

##vote Beet

I've been thinking about Hum though and have a weird theory, but I'll wait and see what he's got to say first

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry for being mia near eod yesterday. Need to look over the previous few pages but I think meen should die today

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote beet

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry for being mia near eod yesterday. Need to look over the previous few pages but I think meen should die today

Wrong on two different accounts:

a) Meen is literally merks scapegoat

b) If the lurking continues they'll die anyway.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Yami Fenrir posted:

So... can we talk about how beet is blatantly scum that tried to push people away from Merk now?

I can see it, he seemed really ambivalent on voting him. I need to reread but Hum also looks bad (going to reread both at lunch).

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

turns out being burned out from work is not the only way to ruin Mafia productivity, being actually relaxed at work and having a 4 day weekend I end up wanting to fill with other stuff does it too

I'm gonna dump the thoughts I had and the posts I wanted to make in the meantime up until now

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

N1 thoughts:

well this was an awful start
gunsmith's not a real cop but even so, drat. why the gently caress wouldn't you at least claim?
amend that to 'not a replacement for a full alignment cop'
definitely sus'ing Bif tomorrow
rereading, I see that she was a little bit wondering with Circl's vote
could be toal and they are lying about their having town powers
could be Yami maybe
hambeet is a bit suspicious for the hammer too
I dunno about towniness levels of cheering on a turbo in the case of sand
toal's smartest to wait on until tonight to see what merk got
until after tonight

going by this, merk'd be on the suspect list even if it weren't for RF's as I remember comments on lake house merk
somebody who's posted more than me's gotta be up there though
I think I'd either go with merk or hambeet tomorrow

Circl could be scum too, but I'm not feeling that as much as I am hambeet or merk

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Realtalk though, somebody always has to die early in Mafia and while I totally agree it's good to give newbies more time so they can actually get used to the game, it's also not very helpful to make people playing badguys in a game of good guys vs badguys feel bad for taking their badguy turn.

I hope any newbies around now or in the future please please please do not take anything to heart if they get ganked early. Imo, to love mafia is to cultivate an enthusiasm for dramatic death and martyrdom.

I did not, but still see above.

frankly, being taken out by early NK is something I regard as a mark of pride; when it happened to me my first two games, I was cop both times and helped get two scum out with my work on the second game. even if it's not something obvious like that, though, the fact that scum thought you had to be removed often means you did something right. plus it's fun to see how everyone fares afterwards and have the veil of mystery lifted

I am also reminded of something merk said in another game, that scum should only kill those who are lurking instead of active players

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

If Yami is sk,

Scum team likely Merk, b-, and someone else.

hmmmm

on the one hand only scum 3P hunt this early but on the other I have noticed the votes still on me as of this writing; more on that later

also a scum recruiter seems unlikely

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

Were these other people you mentioned who you also would have considered voting? The way it looks is that you were also saying Sand looked scummy; voting RF AND having strong suspicions on Sand seems inconsistent unless I'm reading it wrong.

I looked at the sand/RF interactions and got pings from both of them. I voted RF because I felt more confident about the pings there. if I'd felt more confident about sand instead of RF I'd have voted them for the same reason

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like how meen buried his rf vote in the middle of his thoughts

merk posted:

I think this is the best thought on the RF run up yesterday that I have seen so far.

##vote meen

seriously?

I can't decide whether this being your case or agreeing with binus is more outlandish here

the later posts where binus is also agreeing with you reinforce my impression that this feels like a setup. a very bad one I might add

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Have to put my dog down tomorrow.

I may or may not show up.

so far mafia has been very bad luck for me.

loving horrible, my condolences. take all the time you need

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Maerlyn posted:

I'm contemplating the case on merk and his responses but I'm just not feeling it but finding it difficult to put into words at the moment (I had dental work and the Novocain is starting to fade so need to pain meds to kick in soon).

I think one reason is merk is being called scummy because of his vote or case on Meen but Bif has also speculated that Meen could be lurking scum, leaving that door open.
Merk does feel like he's operating off his back foot, not in a playing dumb way but a dumbfounded way? I don't think that's intentional but going to reread.

I'm operating in a way I haven't in a long while; relaxed days at work (a week of largely self-study training) where I'm not having to perform emotional labor all the time. unfortunately this isn't actually better for my Mafia productivity requiring social intelligence than grinding myself against a misery parade all day. whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

And when merk does bring it up he talks about how if he weren’t merk, he’d be voting himself too

yeah that's really wtf, doesn't help his case any