Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Maerlyn posted:

##vote binus

I'll be back for my case but I think binus is scum.

I think there was a question Hum didn't answer and I need to reread the start of the day and the end of last night, but I feel more strongly about binus right now.

This is amusing for multiple reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Toalpaz posted:

I 100% know if hum flips scum rb, that bif is caught SK. Track claim makes sense only if hum thinks killing so is super important for some reason.

Oooh, that's an interesting thought. I can kinda see it. More than having 2 trackers anyway.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

##vote binus

I'll be back for my case but I think binus is scum.

I think there was a question Hum didn't answer and I need to reread the start of the day and the end of last night, but I feel more strongly about binus right now.

U wot

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A couple other people still haven't checked in so I'll prolly wait for that then vote Hum later, but I still do not get what the hell he was supposed to gain by this, going all in just to get me lunched.

Unless he's a luncher or something -

Oh poo poo, Hum are you Jason?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh yeah he did claim that already I just ignored it cause it was probably fake lol

I'm Freddy Kruger but I don't have any condition to get Jason lunched, I don't even know poo poo about horror movies I just had "Freddy vs Jason" pop into my head when I wondered who the hell would want to be an executioner on me

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

b-minus1 posted:

This is amusing for multiple reasons

Such as?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol Merk.

Okay so reading the end of day I missed I have reflected and think I was probably wrong about Bif. I am thinking Bif’s “manufactured case” (my words) on me could just be her feeling she has a meta read and bringing whatever she can find to case me to support that ~feel~. Her motivation for the case on me was the prime reason I went for her yesterday.

However that doesn’t explain why yami has gone in so hard to defend her from the get go. Yami cannot know bifs alignment yet is acting like he does. That concerns me. No one else yesterday could see what yami was seeing. I feel confident in saying they were alone in this surety of bifs towniness because her posting to date had not given anyone that surety.

So I’d like to solve the yami problem, but I’ve also yet to catch up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also it’ll take a little while lol, because I’m phone posting so I don’t see yami yelling “no you!” on preview and feel compelled to respond to it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

b-minus1 posted:

I like meen deadmeat and beet for scum

b-minus1 posted:

Though Tbh it i do find it a little odd that merk is calling meen the “better case” when I didn’t actually case him. I just pointed out it looked like he was camouflaging his vote

Distancing from merk.

b-minus1 posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Bifauxnen (4): Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, hambeet, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, merk, merk
merk (4): Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Sandwolf
hambeet (1): Bifauxnen, Tommunist, Bifauxnen
Ignatius M. Meen (1): b-minus1, merk, merk, merk, merk
b-minus1 (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (2): Deadmeat5150, Ignatius M. Meen

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 17th, 2021 at 7:39 a.m. EST -- that's in about 16 hours, 50 minutes.

Merk and bif tied at 4. Not sure what to do right now

Zero attempt to make any alignment calls here or push at all - why?

b-minus1 posted:

Sorry for being mia near eod yesterday. Need to look over the previous few pages but I think meen should die today

The fact that he wants to revisit the same case (that merk was on no less) says a lot instead of analysing new information.

FWIW I haven't read meens posts yet so I could be making myself look foolish. I could come back to Hum because there's a glaring discrepancy with tracking results.

Hum might be the SK but I'll think about that further. There's just something odd going on that I can't put my finger on.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

lol Merk.

Okay so reading the end of day I missed I have reflected and think I was probably wrong about Bif. I am thinking Bif’s “manufactured case” (my words) on me could just be her feeling she has a meta read and bringing whatever she can find to case me to support that ~feel~. Her motivation for the case on me was the prime reason I went for her yesterday.

However that doesn’t explain why yami has gone in so hard to defend her from the get go. Yami cannot know bifs alignment yet is acting like he does. That concerns me. No one else yesterday could see what yami was seeing. I feel confident in saying they were alone in this surety of bifs towniness because her posting to date had not given anyone that surety.

So I’d like to solve the yami problem, but I’ve also yet to catch up.

No you.

More seriously, that sure is a lot of words to work backwards to "yami scum", completely and conveniently ignoring that both bif and I were what got the merk push rolling in the first place.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

No you.

More seriously, that sure is a lot of words to work backwards to "yami scum", completely and conveniently ignoring that both bif and I were what got the merk push rolling in the first place.

Well I'd say it was Toal really. But yeah not feeling better about Beet, cause he could have easily thought "Hm what if Bif really just thinks I'm scummy" like this at any point yesterday if he was actually worried about determining my alignment. Instead he went "Bif mentioned me she must now be destroyed"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And them Hum happily joined right in cause here's someone leading the charge for him, seriously guys I think Hum has to be a luncher for me

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Well I'd say it was Toal really. But yeah not feeling better about Beet, cause he could have easily thought "Hm what if Bif really just thinks I'm scummy" like this at any point yesterday if he was actually worried about determining my alignment. Instead he went "Bif mentioned me she must now be destroyed"

I meant vote wise, but you are correct.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

But yeah that pretty much seems to be beets MO regarding me too. I dare say I think he's scummy, now I'm "a problem".

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I find that wording pretty interesting actually. Beet didn't explicitly call me scum, or SK, or whatever. Just a 'problem'.

If you think I'm scum, why did I push so hard and early on merk day 2? Do you really think that makes sense to you? Wouldn't I have tried to go after like... literally anyone else, even if it's not bif?

If you think I'm SK, why not just say so? Are you afraid of being seen 3P hunting? Because I just don't follow your logic as seeing me scum, beet just seems to want me to be scum more than anything.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So I see sandwolf flipped, that leaves three people out of the four I highlighted yesterday that were on rfs vote.

Bif, yami and meen.

And then toal

And then I.

votefinder posted:

:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Retro Futurist: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (8): Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Yami Fenrir, Ignatius M. Meen, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, t a s t e, hambeet

If I’m feeling better on Bif, which maybe I shouldn’t, but I doubt my reasoning on that is valid anymore, that leaves yami and meen.

Yami was the first vote on Merk so unless they were bussing hard, which I don’t feel that vibes, yami probably also not scum. 3p/sk? Dunno. Toal has said that a few times but i can’t know at this stage.

If this yami defending Bif thing is just some dumb meta mafia mates type thing then that’s lame. But enough about them.

Anyway so for me that leaves meen on the rf vote. I’d have to reread meen, but from memory I don’t remember sticking out except for their absence yesterday.

Anyway onto today, then a reread in between meetings.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I hope at least Beet has a cool reaction to me figuring this poo poo out

Huuuuuuuum cmon did I figure it out

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Mr. Humalong posted:

Let’s just say I’ll be taking a real close look at deadmeat tonight

This is your breadcrumb?

Mr. Humalong posted:

We should vote out merk today. It would be funny.

##vote merk

I forgot about this, hum feels like a good vote again but still think binus is sus.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh no I saw posts!

Bif my explanation on my case on you yesterday was quite clear. Are you being the caveman now?

Here was the crux of it again:

“White noise” and “hammer”. And a few posters commented positively to what I said so I wasn’t the only one.

Don’t pretend I should have had an epiphany during the day when no new info was coming to light until end of day with merks obviously fake claim.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Toalp outed merk.

Toalp is outing hum in a lie.

Is there really anything else to consider right now?

(also loving merk what the hell why!!! what on earth would you gain from that stupid gambit with toal? best case you get a town investigation that already looks like a godfather move because anyone volunteering for a cop investigation is fairly suspect).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also that is a serious question. Was catching up on my phone at work and it was like 150 posts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

you can also consider me having a vote on hum but there is a lot of daytime left and he is pretty close to a hammer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Oh no I saw posts!

Bif my explanation on my case on you yesterday was quite clear. Are you being the caveman now?

Here was the crux of it again:

“White noise” and “hammer”. And a few posters commented positively to what I said so I wasn’t the only one.

Don’t pretend I should have had an epiphany during the day when no new info was coming to light until end of day with merks obviously fake claim.

Not an "epiphany", nice trumped up language there, just sounds like you never even stopped to consider for one moment ever, even me snarking at somebody you went welp, must mean scum

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Voodoofly posted:

Toalp outed merk.

Toalp is outing hum in a lie.

Is there really anything else to consider right now?

(also loving merk what the hell why!!! what on earth would you gain from that stupid gambit with toal? best case you get a town investigation that already looks like a godfather move because anyone volunteering for a cop investigation is fairly suspect).

I wouldn't have my vote where it is right now if there were anything else I thought we had to discuss

like there's poo poo we CAN talk about if people want but as you point out this is just shy of a cop claiming a scum result on somebody and having already been vetted the night before

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw I'm seriously annoyed no one reacted to MY epiphany, cause Hum is probably just an executioner, neither scum or SK would have any incentive to false claim that hard and get themselves guaranteed lunched tomorrow after my flip.

He claimed Jason and I am Freddy Krueger.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Btw I'm seriously annoyed no one reacted to MY epiphany, cause Hum is probably just an executioner, neither scum or SK would have any incentive to false claim that hard and get themselves guaranteed lunched tomorrow after my flip.

He claimed Jason and I am Freddy Krueger.

I guess my answer is do I really care?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

I guess my answer is do I really care?

You should care about lunching a scum instead yes

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Let’s flip Bif. She’s not Freddy Krueger lol. She already knew my flavor when she made this post:

Bifauxnen posted:

A couple other people still haven't checked in so I'll prolly wait for that then vote Hum later, but I still do not get what the hell he was supposed to gain by this, going all in just to get me lunched.

Unless he's a luncher or something -

Oh poo poo, Hum are you Jason?

So we have someone fakeclaiming flavor and claiming a kill, then backpedaling with “oh I was just goofing don’t peer behind the curtain”

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Do you think hum is town? Even if he is third party and you are town if both of you are alive at LYLO we lose.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

Do you think hum is town? Even if he is third party and you are town if both of you are alive at LYLO we lose.

This.

There is no point in risking it imo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

I haven't really played in many if any games with an executioner role. But I thought it was just a 3P where they have to get one person lunched to win, and that is all. I am not an executioner btw. I am vanilla town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I mean it is tempting to lunch Hum just for being annoying, leaning on calling me "the claimed killer" when that was obviously a gambit, but as I said, I am not an executioner.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Honestly the only thing I’m wondering is if it’s better to execute bif on the off chance that hum is an executioner and maybe leaves the game for fulfilling a win condition. It’s like a two for one execution.

But that would require this all to be true and probably for hum to have volunteered the info because bringing it up now is probably too late

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I haven't really played in many if any games with an executioner role. But I thought it was just a 3P where they have to get one person lunched to win, and that is all. I am not an executioner btw. I am vanilla town.

Yeah usually but if you are alive on LYLO hum is voting you. If you are town we die.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

Honestly the only thing I’m wondering is if it’s better to execute bif on the off chance that hum is an executioner and maybe leaves the game for fulfilling a win condition. It’s like a two for one execution.

But that would require this all to be true and probably for hum to have volunteered the info because bringing it up now is probably too late

Do you think bif is scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah usually but if you are alive on LYLO hum is voting you. If you are town we die.

Ok that's a better point

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Starting to believe Voodoo is the SK here :psyduck:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

This is a way worse point.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maerlyn posted:

Distancing from merk.

Zero attempt to make any alignment calls here or push at all - why?

The fact that he wants to revisit the same case (that merk was on no less) says a lot instead of analysing new information.

FWIW I haven't read meens posts yet so I could be making myself look foolish. I could come back to Hum because there's a glaring discrepancy with tracking results.

Hum might be the SK but I'll think about that further. There's just something odd going on that I can't put my finger on.

Stay on this, btw. It’s a good case and something I noticed about him day 2 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##unvote

##vote; bif

I've convinced myself that bif is SK. I'll share the reasons here.

Hum is scum role blocker, he was convinced he could fake claim tracker because he knew where bif was n1 and what bif did n2.
He felt safe claiming to track bif n2 because he visited her and stopped the SK kill. Because he role blocked her, and stopped the kill, he was then confident on who bif visited n1.

Using the information Hum had, the plausible visit on bif last night, AND coupled with the fact that scum team had no tracker and town watcher had already flipped; Hum felt confident he could claim tracker and 'catch' bif here for town cred and a fake claim.

Bif claimed killer to gently caress with hum, but also because she felt certain humalong was scum who was also lying in his claim and she could shake him.

We should kill bif first because there will be less deaths that way.