Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2021/products/porsche-718-cayman-gt4-rs-la-auto-show-26459.html

:fap: too bad I'll never be able to afford one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Not a big Porsche guy but drat that thing is wild. Faster round the 'ring than a 720S. Surprising they finally let the Cayman run with the big brother, but I guess there's enough aftermarket shops building big power Cayman's they decided to get a cut of that obvious demand?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not sure what 140K Euro to USD works out to, I mean google tells me that's $160K US but that's the same as the MSRP of a 911 GT3. Although I'm guessing no one can actually buy a new one for that price :v: But yea I'm a little surprised this thing exists too.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-porsche-taycan-gts-sport-turismo-first-look-review/

This is also a thing now, too, apparently. Good bye gently caress ugly plastic cladding and dropped down to be normal car height. This thing + that new Cayman = my ideal 2 car garage :allears:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

drat that cayman is nice. I have a Dentist friend who is on the list for a GT3 and the outlook is bleak he’s getting told 2024. Said he’s going to get a z06 in the meantime.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Robo-Acty, ACTIVATE!

https://jalopnik.com/honda-put-a-fa...FqiNHpH9gSmNfIU

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Payload/tow ratings sound pretty wimpy. 1/3rd that of a basic rear end Cushman Titan and those are hauling around 480lbs of lead-acid batteries.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BMW stop, please. We've suffered enough.

https://twitter.com/BMWUSA/status/1460971014083465221?s=20

darnon posted:

Payload/tow ratings sound pretty wimpy. 1/3rd that of a basic rear end Cushman Titan and those are hauling around 480lbs of lead-acid batteries.

Are you talking about the Honda? The wheelbase of the thing is like 2 steps big :v:

*edit: also linked in that article: https://jalopnik.com/what-do-you-want-to-know-about-the-1800-2022-honda-nav-1848069461

:3:

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 17, 2021

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Yeah the pictures don’t have any context so it looks like an airport tug, but the video shows it’s pretty small

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Literally the pigs in "Angry Birds"

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Are you talking about the Honda? The wheelbase of the thing is like 2 steps big :v:

If anything the Honda is bigger except in length

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Jesus christ, gently caress yes.

Sab669 posted:

Not sure what 140K Euro to USD works out to, I mean google tells me that's $160K US but that's the same as the MSRP of a 911 GT3. Although I'm guessing no one can actually buy a new one for that price :v: But yea I'm a little surprised this thing exists too.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-porsche-taycan-gts-sport-turismo-first-look-review/

This is also a thing now, too, apparently. Good bye gently caress ugly plastic cladding and dropped down to be normal car height. This thing + that new Cayman = my ideal 2 car garage :allears:

Man, I saw the non-GTS one of those at a Porsche Club of America track day last month and it was fuckin beautiful.

Porsche continues to knock it out of the park.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Was someone actually tracking their Cross Tourismo?

I don't really care about the trim level, all the Taycans are like the same feature wise as far as I know just power more power the more you spend. I just like this new Sport Tourismo because it loses all the things that make the Cross Tourismo what it is :v: I was shocked Porsche didn't offer color options for the plastic cladding on the CT, guess this is why...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The wing on that GT4 RS looks very Senna.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just found out they took away the manual from the 2 series, lmao go to hell bmw

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KidDynamite posted:

drat that cayman is nice. I have a Dentist friend who is on the list for a GT3 and the outlook is bleak he’s getting told 2024. Said he’s going to get a z06 in the meantime.

The memes write themselves.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Oh my god.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BloodBag posted:

The memes write themselves.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think it's outrageous dentists make so much money because they run a cartel on the supply of dentists. Dentistry is an essential service that people are being denied due to rent seeking. :colbert:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think it's outrageous dentists make so much money because they run a cartel on the supply of dentists. Dentistry is an essential service that people are being denied due to rent seeking. :colbert:

If it makes you feel any better, they have an exceptionally high rate of suicide and depression.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Not trying to be a goon contrarian, but how many followers do you need to get on the waitlist?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Throatwarbler posted:

its almost like America's physician shortage is artificial since the AMA spent two decades campaigning heavily to keep the Medicare residency funding levels capped because making more doctors would decrease their potential earnings. now they're like "oh yeah this is kinda bad"

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

smooth jazz posted:

Not trying to be a goon contrarian, but how many followers do you need to get on the waitlist?

I'm gonna guess at least one

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

smooth jazz posted:

Getting on the wait list is a deposit away, actually getting an allocation for a GT car is a whole other kettle of fish

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Apparently they're saying they're going to build these for 2-3 years.

:ohdear:

edit: And dentists are not controlled by the AMA.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 17, 2021

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

KillHour posted:

If it makes you feel any better, they have an exceptionally high rate of suicide and depression.

Infidelity and substance abuse as well.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sopKm4bExQ

Ahhhh I can't get over how ugly the new M240i is, at least in photos/video. Weird mix of round bits and hard lines/angles, the big triangles on the grille, the weird pointy bits on the wing mirrors aping m-cars but in a much worse looking way etc. Really not loving it.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

And no more manual on non M cars. That purple rules though.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Ugh and the big POWER DOME on the hood, looks like trash.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Loving the purple hate everything else

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Koirhor posted:

Loving the purple hate everything else

Exact same. Wish I could get that color on the old body style. gently caress those stupid hard angled triangle things on the front. It looks like it has a really bad aftermarket body kit on it.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I actually like the overall shape of it, especially in that lovely purple.

Over-styled in the details creating a bit of a mess on the front end but still one of the best looking current BMWs imo

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Having seen it in person the front looks fine/good, the side profile is good, the back is very bad.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Wheeee posted:

I actually like the overall shape of it, especially in that lovely purple.

Over-styled in the details creating a bit of a mess on the front end but still one of the best looking current BMWs imo

Get rid of the POWER DOME, grille triangles, that weird hard vertical edge behind the front wheel arches and the weird arch on the rear bumper and I think it would be a lot better. Best looking of the current BMW's isn't saying much, significantly worse than the old M240i visually IMO.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It's also 3871 pounds, heavier than a Mustang GT Convertible. I know BMWs have been getting chunkier but an 2-series coupe being almost 4000 pounds? Lmao

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
those triangles at the front kinda remind me of the fr-s

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's also 3871 pounds, heavier than a Mustang GT Convertible. I know BMWs have been getting chunkier but an 2-series coupe being almost 4000 pounds? Lmao

Are they pivoting from aluminium to lead or something?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Neo_Crimson posted:

1760kgs for a nominally smallish coupe? The gently caress?

Crash tech cant be the reason either, there's bigger (even EV!) thats lighter that is fully crash teched. Cant be the AWD, cant be the combination of all of that.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

The 230i weighs in at 3517 according to the internet so it's not the crash structures. So is it 250lb of bigger engine, cooling, bigger brakes blah blah? Probably adds up.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It’s also a luxury segment car, it’s going to be full of material to damp NVH on top of everything else.

Heavy piggy or no I’d imagine it still drives much better than the lighter Mustang anyway.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The M4 weighs like 4400 lbs and drives like it weighs 3600. It'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KillHour posted:

The M4 weighs like 4400 lbs and drives like it weighs 3600. It'll be fine.

The M4 is a 1700kg car already....?

Wheeee posted:

It’s also a luxury segment car, it’s going to be full of material to damp NVH on top of everything else.

Heavy piggy or no I’d imagine it still drives much better than the lighter Mustang anyway.

Its getting on par in weight with the larger sadly gone V8 VF II Commodore which would challenge the BMW as a drviers car.... NVH material isnt that heavy these days either.