Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Imagine all the time and energy it takes to read all of these philosophers. Imagine dedicating a large part of your 20s to that end and having nothing to show for it except the inability to communicate. Imagine posting in GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gotta love that pipeline of extremely unclear writing straight into the pearl clutching "how dare you assume I have bad opinions?? Well... Maybe I should actually start espousing those opinions then, that sure would teach you to be mean to me. It's your fault I'm doing all this!!"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Could you imagine Ihki at a restaurant. It takes him 20 minutes to explain his order and then pouts when the server doesn't understand gibberish and brings him a salad.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I like ichki, doin' his part. Jorp postin in the Jorp thred

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'm just honestly surprised he doesn't have cool red text yet.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I ain't spending :10bux: on some loser too cowardly to stake out a clear position

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

drat i thought it was fivebux

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Poohs Packin posted:

That would make someone a bloody virtue-signaling coward.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

lmao the guy in here slowly abstracting their poor ability to argue.
from dropping inane word salad and being baffled nobody understands it, to arguing that you don't need to understand an argument to understand it. they're gonna go right into arguing about the spelling of the word argue over a typo at this rate I'm sure.

The literal actual entire point of an argument is to sway either your opponent, or an audience. in philosophy sometimes the audience is an abstract and the argument is an experiment so all parties can use the dialogue to better understand something. if the audience and your opponent fail to understand you, you have failed completely. utterly, completely, there's no weaselling around this it's like making a film that burns peoples eyes- it doesn't matter how good it is in some weird theoretical sense.

as some people have said part of their confusion is that the foundation of their arguments suck on ice and they keep trying to build this trash-fire foundation into something respectable just by looping in other ideas but the foundation is still rotten. god it's fun to watch.

I barely passed my political philosophy classes and I don't and won't claim to understand Hegel, but it's incredibly clear just how incapable ichki is at understanding anything.

I'm having flashbacks to that one time I thought "Metic" in a Socratic dialogue meant "medic" and made a really embarrassing question to the professor over it but at least I fuckin' learned from it instead of trying to spin my metaphorical tires over _actually_.

SRQ fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 18, 2021

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
inky wouldn't pass a first year philosophy course and he'd be mad at the professor the entire time he was failing

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mispronouncing greek philosophers names was my favorite philosophy gag. Especially Sophuckles.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ihki posted:

With that, there's been enough here to reflect in whether I got anything out of the whole ordeal or if it was just getting stuck in the whole weird energy for some days.

If you have yet to pick up that you clearly have some shortcomings in the communication department, you're also doing reflection entirely wrong.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

inky wouldn't pass a first year philosophy course and he'd be mad at the professor the entire time he was failing

reporting his professor to the dean for academic crimes [not specifying what he means] because his paper was failed.
forcing this issue to the point of an in person meeting.
showing up wearing an incredibly ill-fitting suit, to the bafflement of the dean, and rambling on about 'censorship' and comparing himself to Peterson.
everyone tries not to laugh.
gets a pity pass on the course because nobody wants to deal with further drama
posts on twitter 300 times about how they beat the 'cucked system'.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poohs Packin posted:

drat i thought it was fivebux

For yourself. It's twice the price to change someone else's

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

Another Bill posted:

Mispronouncing greek philosophers names was my favorite philosophy gag. Especially Sophuckles.

Lootcrates

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:

Dude, start another thread and shut up.

I don't think you are a fascist or a nazi, but that doesn't mean you aren't totally making GBS threads up this thread. I don't come here to read about you.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
Noted forums philosopher inky tells you why zizek HATES butler to avoid talking about jorp

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Well ive learned nothing, aside from the cost of purchasing text for another account. Time to crack an ice cold Mountain Dew: Code Red and make my daily contribution to the capitalist machine.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

He wouldn't pass first year ANYTHING

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tractor man posted:

This is more like he doesnt believe in systems at all

so called "individuals" don't even exist! they are just a collection of atoms :smug:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
A fisherman casts out a net. Peterson sees this, shakes his head and places his hand on the fisherman's shoulder.

"There is no school of fish. Only fish. Use a fishing rod instead."

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

What Peterson is really saying is that the idea of "Social Justice" is inherently flawed and contrived and minorities, women, and the queer community should just shut the gently caress up and clean their room. Its bootstraps poo poo.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Maybe it's time for jorp to get back on the benzos? Think his fans would do the same and mellow out a little at least until they get withdrawals?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

SRQ posted:

lmao the guy in here slowly abstracting their poor ability to argue.
from dropping inane word salad _actually_.

Catpain Slack posted:

On the other hand, a Jorp fan posting endless incomprehensible word salad in here is funny as poo poo.

e: ^^^^^ lol

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

Yeah in the end jorp is still a clown and no amount of word salad will make his bullshit any more reasonable - Hegel and Butler aren't required lol

Could we please stop using the phrase "word salad" to describe Jorp and his style? It's offensive to his all-salty beef-eating lifestyle.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
jordan petersons rhetoric is corned beef hash

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

Noted forums philosopher inky tells you why zizek HATES butler to avoid talking about jorp

The weird thing is that he clearly thinks he's the winner out of all this. He honest to God believes he's totally owning us and we're just too dumb to see it. I legitimately don't get how that is.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Who What Now posted:

The weird thing is that he clearly thinks he's the winner out of all this. He honest to God believes he's totally owning us and we're just too dumb to see it. I legitimately don't get how that is.

Something like this, I hope:

https://www.oglaf.com/delusionist/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Goddamn I got a really good laugh from this. Holy poo poo, thanks.

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr

Who What Now posted:

That's jorp vs the libs all the way babey

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Poohs Packin posted:

I seriously considered giving him a Zizek raccoon meme avatar and MY POSTING IS THE TRASH CAN OF IDEOLOGY but I can't afford to drop :10bux: on redtexting somebody right now. :(

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Rutibex posted:

jordan petersons rhetoric is corned beef hash

But corned beef hash is delicious =(

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Batterypowered7 posted:

But corned beef hash is delicious =(

Has the word “corn” in it, so it’s verboten.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BIG BABY JESUS posted:

That's jorp vs the libs all the way babey

Yeah but Jorp very carefully only debates people that don't know his scam or don't have direct answers for him. As we can see, any amount of pushback makes them fold immediately

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

mojo1701a posted:

Has the word “corn” in it, so it’s verboten.

Salt used to be sold in cones or "corns". So "corned beef" litetally means "salt beef" using olde tyme fpeak

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

Salt used to be sold in cones or "corns". So "corned beef" litetally means "salt beef" using olde tyme fpeak

they should call it cone beef

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Lol, ihki's final zinger was to lament whether ihki gained anything from ihki's writing. In the end it was all about ihki and ihki didn't give a poo poo about actually having a conversation.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Poohs Packin posted:

I might be talking completely out of my rear end here, but wasn't "corn" just a catchall term for grain back before it came to describe Mesoamerican maize? (Lots of Roman history talking about Caesar and the "corn supply", etc.) So, corned beef is just meat with grain mixed in to pad it out.

Of course, I could Google this, but, nah.

Edit; just did. Wikipedia says: Why not both? :shrug:

BIG BABY JESUS
Jan 4, 2009

comrade commisrawr
Did inky gain anything from this thread? No. Did we gain anything from inky being in the thread? Also no.

Bring back oolb.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

I might be talking completely out of my rear end here, but wasn't "corn" just a catchall term for grain back before it came to describe Mesoamerican maize? (Lots of Roman history talking about Caesar and the "corn supply", etc.) So, corned beef is just meat with grain mixed in to pad it out.

Of course, I could Google this, but, nah.

Edit; just did. Wikipedia says: Why not both? :shrug:

Could be but corned beef isnt beef with grain mixed in, its cured (usually wet brined) beef.

In other words its Jorp approved.

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Poohs Packin posted:

Could be but corned beef isnt beef with grain mixed in, its cured (usually wet brined) beef.

In other words its Jorp approved l.

So my mom was making meatloaf all along. What an agent of chaos.