Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aramoro posted:

But they would to win a bet. Problem gambling does not really hinge on if they have the money to lose. Problem gambling is when gambling dominates their life in an unhealthy way.

You could be a billionaire but if you're betting every single day then you have a problem and are susceptible to doing bad things to satisfy your habit.

most gambling addicts are addicted to the thrill of the gambling itself. People start doing poo poo like point shaving/taking dives/etc when the need for money takes over the dopamine (I think? I'm not a brain knower) rush of excitement. That's why the trope is 'down on his luck boxer takes a dive to cover debts' and not 'Mike Tyson decides not to shut a human being's brain off in one punch this one time because he likes to win bets'.

Like, athletes get the thrill of winning by just being them when they're at Jordan levels, he was objectively the greatest player in his sport at his time, he could go out and take a poo poo on the court and still probably leave feeling like a winner. Beating someone in a bet is a nice bonus but he's getting that rush no matter what because people like him (trend wise, obviously everyone is different I'm just going by the usual situations) get their thrills from competing and gambling in itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

You don't vote for kings!

*furiously holding back the HRE*

It’s not worth it bro. Just step back

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1461098251592085506?s=20

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

The whole thing is amazing but just imaging typing out the last sentence of the first paragraph has my limbic system seizing control of my hands and making me hit the cancel post button. It's stunning.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Anytime a retail or food place says they're offering "between $X and $Y" they will only ever actually hire people for $X

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Makes me want to avoid any Burger King since we know what they think a smiling face is supposed to look like.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skwirl posted:

Anytime a retail or food place says they're offering "between $X and $Y" they will only ever actually hire people for $X

Always a big fan of things like the sign at my local that has in huge letters "Starting rates $11/Hr!*"

With then absolutely nothing on there to explain what the asterisk actually refers to, which I'm just guessing is simply "except not".

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
It's like a grocer's apostrophe

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Unlimited data!*

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/uncledoomer/status/1461318685126238210

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/woobyowner/status/1461328424153329667?s=21

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

rodbeard posted:

Jordan makes so much money off of Air Jordan royalties that he effectively can't gamble away all his money because there's no one around to call his bets.

Like I say, it's not about the money. Gambling addiction is a mental illness, just because you can afford it doesn't mean it doesn't negatively impact your life and make you act is very odd ways sometimes.

Some people are like Lucian Freud who all but gave up gambling when he became rich as the winning and losing stopped meaning anything. But some people are like Bacon who never stopped gambling, despite their wealth.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Fat John Darnielle is a king

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Absolute legend.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao I’d buy that ogre a beer

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status/1461212087871549443

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh poo poo.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Skwirl posted:

Oh poo poo.
$100 says the dude that posted that has no idea who replied to him.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

the Inland Empire claims another soul :ca:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Rainbow Knight posted:

the Inland Empire claims another soul :ca:
It then uses the soul to make ghost meth

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

It then uses the soul to make ghost meth

:hai:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I had just posted this in the PYF TikTok thread as well. It's so good.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

the gently caress did I just watch

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i'd like to report a... justifiable homicide?

https://twitter.com/BudrykZack/status/1461411909522100224

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The gently caress is this

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

It's basically a chaos dunk.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

The gently caress is this

https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status/1461578688445755392?t=pqsn6vmakmzY3wXQUL5WSQ&s=19

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Arsenic Lupin posted:

A lot of people hoped that, but it's a fantasy, not how the succession works. Anyway, Scotland, Northern Island, and Wales want to be EU members anyway; the sentimental excuse "But the Queen" will vanish in the (absence of a) heartbeat.

Scotland and Northern Ireland want to be EU members. The Welsh voted to leave.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Horace posted:

The Welsh are absolute dipshits only surpassed by the Cornish.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Isn't Wales filled with English retirees, kinda like Florida is even more poo poo than it ordinarily would be because old fucks migrate there.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Well I just had a stroke I think. Also dunebuggies.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Those 鬼哥 videos normally aren't at 2x speed so I'm not sure why it's like that in the tweet

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It’s better that way imo

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Horace posted:

There's this thing called the troubles you may want to look up before making sweeping statements about all of northern ireland.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Tsaedje posted:

There's this thing called the troubles you may want to look up before making sweeping statements about all of northern ireland.

That's not a sweeping statement, there was a vote, it's a fact

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tsaedje posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't parse this statement. Because of the troubles the Irish don't want to be part of the EU? I thought their beef was with those red faced dildos on main trash island.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Tsaedje posted:

Are you okay

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Tsaedje posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-36614443

quote:

Northern Ireland has voted to remain in the EU Referendum by a majority of 56% to 44%.

only trouble here is your trouble with simple maths, buddy my ole pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I see the black and tans have come out, ye fookin basterds