Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's somehow perfect that Teodor would get his poo poo together, get in shape, then promptly die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zereth posted:

Worst thread, posted on ugliest forum. :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07172002

It even used to be the very title of this thread. :colbert:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome to the only game in town

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

A.o.D. posted:

There's a lot to unpack in Roast Beef's time line.

you can tell that Onstad’s marriage was deteriorating/had died at the time

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ok Comboomer posted:

you can tell that Onstad’s marriage was deteriorating/had died at the time

Basically everything from the wedding until the hiatus is a rough chuckle these days

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There is some funny poo poo in these pages.

That's the best compliment I know.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/scumbelievable/status/1459035732249567235?s=20
sound like anyone we know

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"I cure the world!"

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Those of you who've ordered from the Achewood shop...does he ever give quantity discounts? I'd like to get a few of the bandanas (and probably other things) and didn't know if he would cut me a break.

Also, I stumbled across this and :laffo: OF COURSE Pat wears a Utilikilt

https://achewood-holiday-pop-up.myshopify.com/collections/original-artwork/products/pat-reynolds-utilikilt

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Pershing posted:

Those of you who've ordered from the Achewood shop...does he ever give quantity discounts? I'd like to get a few of the bandanas (and probably other things) and didn't know if he would cut me a break.

Also, I stumbled across this and :laffo: OF COURSE Pat wears a Utilikilt

https://achewood-holiday-pop-up.myshopify.com/collections/original-artwork/products/pat-reynolds-utilikilt

All the people I've ever seen wearing utilikilts are of the chunky good natured beardy nerd variety, with strong opinions about ale.

What I'm saying is I don't think Pat fits that mold.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Contrarily Pat is the type to take something OK or not that bad and make it so much worse.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Gay Kilt is definitely a look. I've done it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

All the people I've ever seen wearing utilikilts are of the chunky good natured beardy nerd variety, with strong opinions about ale.

What I'm saying is I don't think Pat fits that mold.

yeah, ive only ever had good interactions with those guys, they will always buy you a drink at a renn faire as long as you listen to their opinion on game of thrones or something

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

In my life a utility kilt is a sure sign of an attention person.

They want it, I'm not gonna give it. Please let me buy my onions in peace.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I look down on anyone who does not wear cargo pants

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

All grown up

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
friends, i was listening to Smoke Two Joints during work today (for reason's my employer wouldn't care for) when i remembered the blessed fact that Raymond Q. Smuckles ring tone is 'Smoke Two Joints' as revealed in the Leon Sumbitches comic arc. please see this arc to confirm (a.h.b.p)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Yet they do not sell them in stores anymore. This causes me no small amount of discomfort, for I too wear cargo pants. The pockets are just too useful to give up for whatever tech pants are supposed to be.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

SCREW YOU TEODOR YOU KNOW I GOT TO HAVE SPECIAL LAMPS TO BE IN SOCIETY!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

ManiacClown posted:

Yet they do not sell them in stores anymore. This causes me no small amount of discomfort, for I too wear cargo pants. The pockets are just too useful to give up for whatever tech pants are supposed to be.

dickies still makes cargo pants as does carhartt. walmart still sells cargo pants as do all the farm and tractor and outdoor stores around here. men who work still wear cargo pants and buy cargo pants to replace their worn cargo pants.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

dickies still makes cargo pants as does carhartt. walmart still sells cargo pants as do all the farm and tractor and outdoor stores around here. men who work still wear cargo pants and buy cargo pants to replace their worn cargo pants.

I'll have to check Runnings and Fleet Farm, then, because Walmart around here (Sioux Falls, South Dakota) doesn't seem to anymore. The store personnel I ask anywhere in town doesn't even seem to know what they are. They keep thinking I mean carpenter pants.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I like the good cargo pants, and hate the bad ones. Most cargo pants are the bad ones. You know, where the pockets are big and everything falls to the bottom and it's right against your knee, so you're just slapping car keys and a phone against your knees as you walk.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I read this article lambasting an awful "meal" at a restaurant and thought of you

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Halloween Jack posted:

I like the good cargo pants, and hate the bad ones. Most cargo pants are the bad ones. You know, where the pockets are big and everything falls to the bottom and it's right against your knee, so you're just slapping car keys and a phone against your knees as you walk.

Oh, no. No, no, no. My car keys stay in my hip pocket and my phone goes in a belt pouch for protection. The leg pockets are for special things.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Your iPad goes in the leg pocket.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
you joke but the leg pockets were often the only place that would comfortably hold a portable CD player, assuming that your headphone cord was long enough

depending on your setup you might even stash a few CDs in there too

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sounds like somebody has short thighs.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Phy posted:

I read this article lambasting an awful "meal" at a restaurant and thought of you

They just playing with expectations, man

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

Oh, no. No, no, no. My car keys stay in my hip pocket and my phone goes in a belt pouch for protection. The leg pockets are for special things.

You do what you need to, but you do what you want to, too.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I used to rock up to high school in my cargo shorts with a paperback book in each enormous pocket. This lasted until my junior year abroad in college when a professor commented, not unkindly, on it as being "such an american high school thing," and I shame spiraled into wearing flattering pants.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The cargo pocket was always for my trusty TI-83+ graphing calculator. Black, not silver. Never silver.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Strange Cares posted:

I used to rock up to high school in my cargo shorts with a paperback book in each enormous pocket. This lasted until my junior year abroad in college when a professor commented, not unkindly, on it as being "such an american high school thing," and I shame spiraled into wearing flattering pants.

gently caress that guy. I bet he wasn't a philosophy professor

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Cargo pants really touch at the sex receptacle in my brain.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Pentaro posted:

They've always been great for carrying large amounts of drugs.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pentaro posted:

I don't like what you're doing here.
I don't feel like I have a lot of outs.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Do you think people call asses cake now because of pioneer Ray Smuckles?

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

my first knowledge of that particular slang term comes from this song, in which a professional wrestler develops a new dance move in order to inform the world of his love of the human rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geovHVnj42Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Nr3szJMec