Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

it's not so much "falling off gis" as "the artist scrubbed it from his site and anywhere that responds to copyright removal requests"

what the gently caress, mike winters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, idk either. i'm sure he had a reason

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

c/d from the pregnant girl

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/karlbode/status/1461410522268463105

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
“penultimate reliability”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

how are Lincolns even worse

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hobbesmaster posted:

have you ever driven one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lol

quote:

Older models typically fare better in reliability, as companies tend to make tweaks and redesigns to solve known problems, while sticking with the same parts and suppliers.

But Tesla deviates from this approach, Fisher explained. "At almost random times during the year Tesla will switch major components, suppliers or sensors and other units. The more you change, the greater the chances you're going to have some problems."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i mean it worked for delorean!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

the fremont home depot was out of the wood molding they used last time

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

have you ever driven one

no

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

my daddy said:
son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

you're gonna crash like a cessna
if you don't stop driving that tesla

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

they are made with defective materials that spontaneously develop dents and scratches

this has nothing to do with the fact that lincolns are primarily driven by 100 year olds

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

:10bux: says they don't accurately record when they switch suppliers/parts throughout the year and would have serious trouble doing a recall for a part that changed mid-year

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'll see your :10bux: and raise you another :10bux: that they just pull whatever parts are next from the bin and don't record which cars got which ones, so there's literally no way to know without opening it up.

(for a point of comparison, earlier this year yamaha recalled six individual motorcycles by VIN after detecting a small, non-safety-related fuckup that occurred only to those six particular bikes)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

(for a point of comparison, earlier this year yamaha recalled six individual motorcycles by VIN after detecting a small, non-safety-related fuckup that occurred only to those six particular bikes)

If you're looking for a 2,000 watt generator, a motorcycle that goes 185 MPH, a digital piano, or a 6 operator FM synthesizer IC, the triple tuning forks are there for you.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

If you're looking for a 2,000 watt generator, a motorcycle that goes 185 MPH, a digital piano, or a 6 operator FM synthesizer IC, the triple tuning forks are there for you.

their saxophones are astonishingly good too

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
they also make atvs and have a sports team

greg the peanut
Dec 24, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

Also a whip rear end 200hp outboard

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Penguissimo posted:

their saxophones are astonishingly good too

no, they’re saxophones

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

^ kenny g is absolutely on his way to beat your rear end

Jonny 290 posted:

their xylophones own

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 21, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

they don't actually make tuning forks though, the frauds.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

FAUXTON posted:

^ kenny g is absolutely on his way to beat your rear end

their xylophones own

their sousaphones are the best

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

they also the cylinder head on my lotus Elise to rev higher than the Toyota version

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the sheer amount of stuff Yamaha makes is staggering

and Musk can’t even make one product right lol

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Luigi Thirty posted:

and Musk can’t even make one product right lol

Pshhh, they don't even make a single ship. Or naval patrol aircraft.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the virgin american electric car company
"we can't even make our one product category correctly"

vs

the chad japanese zaibatsu

"you want a work truck? some beer? cans of tuna? cars? airplanes? nuclear reactor?"

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah I guarantee Tesla can't do that, my guess is if they ever fix the cars that shipped without USB ports they'll just wait for the owners to complain rather than attempt to contact those people

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
your hyundai might have been delivered to America on a ship built by Hyundai using steel made by Hyundai

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

your hyundai might have been delivered to America on a ship built by Hyundai using steel made by Hyundai

the do it yourself ethos lives on!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

MomJeans420 posted:

Yeah I guarantee Tesla can't do that, my guess is if they ever fix the cars that shipped without USB ports they'll just wait for the owners to complain rather than attempt to contact those people

then they will charge those people to fix it too

still love the car!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Luigi Thirty posted:

wheres the 'i want a piano and a 200cc motorcycle' toot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jeanmichelrand/status/1354436320303656963

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

also this classic

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

the virgin american electric car company

vs

the chad japanese zaibatsu

"hi, i need a vcr, a car, a nuclear reactor and an unmanned orbital space delivery vehicle"

mitsubishi: "no problem, we've got you covered"

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 22, 2021

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

"i need a hybrid 8/16 bit game console, a supercomputer and a satellite"

nec: "we've got this"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

as a kid i always assumed this was just some thing my dumb kid mind didn’t understand. then i grew up and lol nope they’re the same company

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJsQH7uMX1Q&t=68s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

fueled by oil extracted by Hyundai-built deepwater rigs and delivered to refineries by Hyundai-built tankers, all presumably offset by Hyundai-built green energy generation and distribution networks operating in a couple dozen countries