Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The fire bombing killstreak on Shipment is so disgusting lol, literally just endless eliminations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jimbot256/status/1462252032690200580

The lady sums up how I felt at the end. What a great combo.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Has anyone noticed that the backstory for the Padmavati multiplayer character (the shotgun woman) says that she fights against the British in India? Somewhat awkward!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Red7 posted:

Has anyone noticed that the backstory for the Padmavati multiplayer character (the shotgun woman) says that she fights against the British in India? Somewhat awkward!

She does have them crazy eyes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The British fuckin sucked in the east indies

I approve of her backstory

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

moist turtleneck posted:

The British fuckin sucked in the east indies

I approve of her backstory

She's apparently part of the INA, who were aligned with the Axis. The British did loving suck in India, but siding with the Nazis also sucks.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

She's apparently part of the INA, who were aligned with the Axis. The British did loving suck in India, but siding with the Nazis also sucks.

Fight for whoever you want, but waging guerrilla war against the British while also serving on one of their SOE teams is like wanting to have your cake and eat it! You're breaking my immersion Sledgehammer!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Red7 posted:

Fight for whoever you want, but waging guerrilla war against the British while also serving on one of their SOE teams is like wanting to have your cake and eat it! You're breaking my immersion Sledgehammer!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070726/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1

She's just getting training by the proto-CIA in order to then turn around and teach those tactics to her people to undermine the British rule and free her country from the yoke of colonialism.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I mean, we hired a whole fuckin’ lot of Nazis/SS officers to build rockets and make the CIA so

y’know

She just livin’ her best life

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do your own footsteps sound like they are coming from behind you to anyone else or is it just me

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

thank you 24/7 shipment playlist fot helping me do the "get 100 hipfire kills with all the attachments that make hipfire bad" camo challenges

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

Do your own footsteps sound like they are coming from behind you to anyone else or is it just me

Yes. Not that I matters, because I can't hear anyone else's anyway.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Can anyone explain to me the difference between using subsonic ammo vs a silencer?

Also how exactly does the dead drop field upgrade work?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

When you pop Dead Drop, it locks in whatever your current kill streaks is. If you die, it respawns you back at 5 or 8 or however many kills you had so that you can keep working toward your dogs or whatever.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips on getting good with the sniper for someone who sucks poo poo with sniper rifles? I wanna unlock Laura Bailey in multiplayer.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Jimbot posted:

Any tips on getting good with the sniper for someone who sucks poo poo with sniper rifles? I wanna unlock Laura Bailey in multiplayer.

There’s no reason for snipers to exist when the SVT is a thing.

That being said, I’d use them on longer sightline maps until you get a shorter range optic, then shipment while being a shitter

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

tehinternet posted:

There’s no reason for snipers to exist when the SVT is a thing.

That being said, I’d use them on longer sightline maps until you get a shorter range optic, then shipment while being a shitter

Any of the rifles you recommend? Any easier to use than the others?

And yeah, the marksman rifles make these weapons pretty obsolete unless you're aim is godly.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

I avoid snipers like the plague because you can build the SVT to be a one hit kill from the chest up while being semi auto. It’s disgustingly good.

Oh yeah and it still penetrates for double kills. I’m amazed that I don’t see it more often.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i hate the last 3 camo challenges that make you use certain attachments. the lmg longshot one is killing me

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Skyarb posted:

Can anyone explain to me the difference between using subsonic ammo vs a silencer?

Also how exactly does the dead drop field upgrade work?

They use different slots and have different stat effects while keeping you off the radar

that sounds cheeky and unhelpful, but that’s really what it comes down to - there doesn’t seem to be any reason to stack them and the silencers do the same thing subsonic does re: radar, so subsonic basically exists if you want to use a different muzzle attachment

dead drop basically works as follows: it’s a quick charging field upgrade that, when activated, means that when you next die whatever kill count you had transfers over to your next life - it won’t give you duplicates of streaks you’ve already earned, but it’s a nice way of working up to higher streaks over multiple lives (since 2x 4-5 kills in a row is frequently much easier than 8-10)

you won’t have it up 100% of the time, but it does come back very fast, especially since lives where you get significant kill streaks going also naturally build a lot of charge

however worth noting that it’s currently bugged so that if you earn your final kill streak while it’s activated, you’ll return to life one kill short of the final kill streak, allowing you to almost instantly re-earn it, which is how you’re seeing people chain multiple copies of high-tier kill streaks

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 21, 2021

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Have they added War mode yet?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think they have even talked about war mode and it's a fuckin disgrace, how dare people want a mode that is entirely objective based but also not a normal boring map

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ground War in mw2019 loving sucked tbqh.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
ground war != war mode

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRaVfqqbFIU&t=55s

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

LGD posted:

They use different slots and have different stat effects while keeping you off the radar

that sounds cheeky and unhelpful, but that’s really what it comes down to - there doesn’t seem to be any reason to stack them and the silencers do the same thing subsonic does re: radar, so subsonic basically exists if you want to use a different muzzle attachment

dead drop basically works as follows: it’s a quick charging field upgrade that, when activated, means that when you next die whatever kill count you had transfers over to your next life - it won’t give you duplicates of streaks you’ve already earned, but it’s a nice way of working up to higher streaks over multiple lives (since 2x 4-5 kills in a row is frequently much easier than 8-10)

you won’t have it up 100% of the time, but it does come back very fast, especially since lives where you get significant kill streaks going also naturally build a lot of charge

however worth noting that it’s currently bugged so that if you earn your final kill streak while it’s activated, you’ll return to life one kill short of the final kill streak, allowing you to almost instantly re-earn it, which is how you’re seeing people chain multiple copies of high-tier kill streaks

Thanks! I can't wait to get it, I wanna get doggies.

Edit; I'm really struggling to enjoy any map sizing other than tactical.

Skyarb fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 21, 2021

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hulk Krogan posted:

Ground War in mw2019 loving sucked tbqh.

It wasn’t great 99% of the time but it at least was interesting. Huge map, lots of people but staggered spawns, vehicles actually being used, games don’t end in under 5 minutes. Also the only mode that made snipers more than just bad rifles or bullshit quickscopes.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Jimbot posted:

Any of the rifles you recommend? Any easier to use than the others?

And yeah, the marksman rifles make these weapons pretty obsolete unless you're aim is godly.

The Kar98k is always a one shot. I only tried one marksman rifle (Garand) but it took like 3 shots for a guaranteed kill even with attachments, so I guess I don't understand the point of them. Would rather just use the kar and one shot.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

An iron-sights K98 with all the + ADS mods sounds kinda fun but leveling the K98 to that point sounds like the exact opposite of fun.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

An iron-sights K98 with all the + ADS mods sounds kinda fun but leveling the K98 to that point sounds like the exact opposite of fun.

It was awful, believe me. Having Das Haus 24/7 helped though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

got a play of the game today where it was just a guy standing in the corner reloading 1 mag in slow mo. truly epic.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

ground war != war mode

Ah poo poo, I never played WW2.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

got a play of the game today where it was just a guy standing in the corner reloading 1 mag in slow mo. truly epic.

i got a play of the game where i was immediately shot and killed and it was kind of embarrassing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Does using a preferred weapon also level that operator faster? I know it levels the weapon faster, but does it also do the same thing the other way?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Darke GBF posted:

The Kar98k is always a one shot. I only tried one marksman rifle (Garand) but it took like 3 shots for a guaranteed kill even with attachments, so I guess I don't understand the point of them. Would rather just use the kar and one shot.

The SVT fucks, friend. Build it for damage and recoil control and center mass becomes a one shot and you can make three shots in the the time it takes one with a sniper. Use the first barrel attachment, plus vital and whatever recoil control you can get.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

tehinternet posted:

The SVT fucks, friend. Build it for damage and recoil control and center mass becomes a one shot and you can make three shots in the the time it takes one with a sniper. Use the first barrel attachment, plus vital and whatever recoil control you can get.

sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Does using a preferred weapon also level that operator faster? I know it levels the weapon faster, but does it also do the same thing the other way?

I believe so (which is why it shows the operator xp icon)

probably the same 10% bonus, but haven't checked/tested it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

tehinternet posted:

Just tried this and it's completely correct, this is disgustingly good. No way this makes it through a balance patch.

As long as you hit above the waist, it's probably a one hit kill, and if it isn't, it fires essentially as fast as you can pull the trigger for a followup shot.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If leveling the Kar98 sounds painful, give the Type 99 a try. It's worse than the Kar98 in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Control Haus is loving broken and I'll never believe anyone who says you can take C from point B. Even Shipment, the garbage heap that it is, can be fun if it the pacing isn't ridiculous.