Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

Is this not a real vote anymore?

I am also a bit confused by the nature of this post? Why do you care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi.

Haven’t caught up yet. Still around.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Sandwolf posted:

I am also a bit confused by the nature of this post? Why do you care?

I started a post and forgot it on my PC (incoming) but Somber pinging me. I'm willing to hold off there though for now (I can see IA and Somb as scum perhaps).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

OK let me see if I can make sense of this IA kerfuffle:

Binus puts down a weird vote because Solus didn't high post like he said he would, Squiggley laughs, binus overreacts and votes Squiggley. IA and Merk hop on the Squiggley vote, Toal puts up a faint defense:

Toalpaz posted:

Isn't this a little hasty, turboing squiggles for a scum slip?

Which I respond to - laughing at a vote for not high posting seems natural, binus just bites hard on nothing.

I say I'm not joining a "gotcha" vote, Toal responds:

Toalpaz posted:

I agree with this, but I will reluctantly vote for Squiggles if Bif does.

IA's gently caress up post (he seems like he means Solus but Toal is talking about Squiggles):

Idle Amalgam posted:

##unvote
##vote toal

Too easy.

You don't have a real opinion on this. You say it's bad, but put your faith in another player's vote as a way of escaping culpability.

I dont want to turbo squiggles because he failed to get high and post or he got so high he didn't post, I do want to look at people who look artificial about committing to a jokephase vote.

Maerlyn seems genuine with their interpretation, but toal is a vet and that hemming and hawing seems fabricated.

In retrospect now looks like a light bus? I didn't realize IA was speaking about the wrong player but I agreed with his point about Toal.

Somber comes in and looks like he's trying to help IA pull up:

Somberbrero posted:

I'm gonna say you champing at the bit to get started is a town thing, but this feels overstated

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol I thought we were voting solus for failing to get high and post. I just now realized I voted squiggly and not solus in that test. Hence mentioning the whole not getting high or getting too high bit in the vote on toal.

I've confused myself.

##vote IA

Maybe I AM the one that is too high.

Somberbrero posted:

I thought that was confusing but, get this, I was high too, so I thought I was just mistaken and didn't take the time to read back through.

IA voting himself when he feels caught is something I've seen him do as scum before, it's not a guarantee though but his argument that Toal is not scum because they were blocked does not make sense.

Toal and IA feel scummy and I'd like to see one of them flip...part of me thinks IA is scum who got too close to being voted out early and Somber had to come in for the save, but I'm not as certain of that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey all, still phoning it in just wanted to comment that maaaaaybe Maerlyn is scum since this is the first game in a while where I haven't gone "ok yeah this is obviously town Maerlyn, lock it in" after like 5 posts

Don't necessarily need to do anything about it at this point just felt like sharing

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey all, still phoning it in just wanted to comment that maaaaaybe Maerlyn is scum since this is the first game in a while where I haven't gone "ok yeah this is obviously town Maerlyn, lock it in" after like 5 posts

Don't necessarily need to do anything about it at this point just felt like sharing

Honestly giving toalp poo poo about not knowing how to play scum anymore was sort of the same thing for me.

But whatever it is I’m cool with snarklyn.

I’m not sure what I think about maer ignoring my post about her having whiplash about her own vote either.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

That's where I'm at as well. I don't understand where this IA and I thing is going and I'm thinking it's fake content.

I think merk should be held accountable for ending the day early. I like the RF case for similar reasons. I would flip either before voting Maerlyn right now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Hi.

Haven’t caught up yet. Still around.

Will you designate me as your proxy?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

That's where I'm at as well. I don't understand where this IA and I thing is going and I'm thinking it's fake content.

I think merk should be held accountable for ending the day early. I like the RF case for similar reasons. I would flip either before voting Maerlyn right now.

Is that first part you calling maers content fake?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Voodoofly posted:

Is that first part you calling maers content fake?

That's correct.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

My vote was pretty bad!

##vote merk

This is some soft shade and owning a bad vote when your whole defense is you haven’t caught up, especially not to even say anything more about maer after they are getting heat.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like that my town meta is shaping up to be "takes something too literally or makes an awkward comment".

But thanks for sharing. Maybe share what you think about my case?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I don't like that my town meta is shaping up to be "takes something too literally or makes an awkward comment".

It's not entirely that, also you still did that once but it just didn't feel like a lock this time! It was weird!

And yeah I would share that if I had thoughts about it yet, maybe later

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

Honestly giving toalp poo poo about not knowing how to play scum anymore was sort of the same thing for me.

I’m not sure what I think about maer ignoring my post about her having whiplash about her own vote either.

I'll take snarklyn :)

I'm trying to take a page from mafia dad Merk's book and not engage with someone unless I'm trying to discern alignment. You voted solus before me but I also don't really have a scummy vibe from you right now.

Apparently I also agreed with IA's case on Solus, which is.... Big yikes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I was especially fond of Maerlyn Manson last game

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Are you going to address the claim? The claim that was good enough for you to swap votes from IA to solus, putting solus in the lead, a swap you later decried, and especially considering IA is claiming that toalp was roleblocked?

It’s a lot of entanglement for two vote leaders on day 1 to then entangle themselves up in a role claim and results if both are scum. It might be possible, but I’d be more willing to bet that both wouldn’t be scum and if it’s just one probably IA. If it was a scum roleblock then IA could do it or know the other person that did it and use it to verify his day 1 claim.

gently caress I think I just made myself want to look at IA again.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

I was especially fond of Maerlyn Manson last game

I enjoyed that as well! I'm trying to keep Grima Wormtongue at bay this game though (I might not even understand the reference other than it's LOTR and he's a freaky looking villain).

Just don't compare me to former weird mafia players and we'll be cool :)

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I enjoyed that as well! I'm trying to keep Grima Wormtongue at bay this game though (I might not even understand the reference other than it's LOTR and he's a freaky looking villain).

Just don't compare me to former weird mafia players and we'll be cool :)

Wait who did you get compared to?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I'm trying to take a page from mafia dad Merk's book and not engage with someone unless I'm trying to discern alignment.

Btw why would you do this to yourself lol

I always engage with anyone if there is a shitpost to be made

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

Wait who did you get compared to?

Steak came up...not a fan of that. I don't remember the other name.

Voodoofly posted:

##vote merk

This is some soft shade and owning a bad vote when your whole defense is you haven’t caught up, especially not to even say anything more about maer after they are getting heat.

I think it's a poke at me for an ongoing game so I ignored it.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Maerlyn posted:

I'm trying to take a page from mafia dad Merk's book and not engage with someone unless I'm trying to discern alignment. You voted solus before me but I also don't really have a scummy vibe from you right now.

Apparently I also agreed with IA's case on Solus, which is.... Big yikes.

I had a case on toal that was supposed to be a gimmicky day 1 'aha!' trap, but genuinely got squiggly and solus confused, I never had any real suspicion of solus, I simply thought we were fake voting solus because he failed to post after getting too high. Something I felt like we silently agreed was bait, only we never silently agreed to anything because my own high eyes mistook the vote on squiggly for solus.

The case you agreed with was mine against toal.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Idle Amalgam posted:

I had a case on toal that was supposed to be a gimmicky day 1 'aha!' trap, but genuinely got squiggly and solus confused, I never had any real suspicion of solus, I simply thought we were fake voting solus because he failed to post after getting too high. Something I felt like we silently agreed was bait, only we never silently agreed to anything because my own high eyes mistook the vote on squiggly for solus.

The case you agreed with was mine against toal.

I might need to look with a clearer brain, I really doubted your role claim last night but I think I read it wrong. I still don't think that Toal being blocked doesn't make them scum though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Toal being blocked isn't definitive but it means they didn't perform the kill even if they are scum, that's enough that I think it's a bad day 2 vote. I also find the case work around Toal to be, uhhhhhhhh, unconvincing. That's the word.

I haven't perceived anyone defending RF and Merk's votes from yesterday, I think we can all agree those were pretty bad yeah? I would like commentary from Maerlyn and plastic in particular on that point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

I might need to look with a clearer brain, I really doubted your role claim last night but I think I read it wrong. I still don't think that Toal being blocked doesn't make them scum though.

I think it's that town Maerlyn speaks so confidently that it's odd to see the lack of conviction here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I wish I could add more. I'm pretty certain about my reads and who to trust moving forward. :words:

Power roles are supposed to be fairly limited so I guess there is a question on whether we would get a watcher and rb and they'd both interact with the same person.

Given we had:

Doctor, Cop, and Vig all die? In a 13 player game. And that they're all normal roles as far as I know, not this role that lets IA claim without pointing fingers at players.

##unvote

Going to ponder this.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

I wish I could add more. I'm pretty certain about my reads and who to trust moving forward. :words:

Power roles are supposed to be fairly limited so I guess there is a question on whether we would get a watcher and rb and they'd both interact with the same person.

Given we had:

Doctor, Cop, and Vig all die? In a 13 player game. And that they're all normal roles as far as I know, not this role that lets IA claim without pointing fingers at players.

##unvote

Going to ponder this.

Cop was the night 0 mod-death. You're making some assumptions using a role that presumably was accounted for in some other way given the mod, killed the cop night 0.

Is the inclusion of the moderator flavor death a slip on your part or more town oriented or scum oriented though? I'm inclined to think town, and I trust my result thus far.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Patient Notes
Patient appears to be immunocompromised. Cause currently unknown, although infective agent suspected. Blood work taken and patient placed under observation while awaiting lab results.

ObamaAkbar., Natural Killer Cells (Body-aligned Cop) has been lysed Night 0.

It is now Day 1

lol, toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

you got me there lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yeah well, then for now I prefer mae to merk rn.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

so like when you think about it

if scummers had a role block AND a kill why wouldn't they burn one on you.

you claimed b4 night phase, even if they really wanted to kill b-, why wouldn't they just rb you and kill b- because you claimed town power role?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

so like when you think about it

if scummers had a role block AND a kill why wouldn't they burn one on you.

you claimed b4 night phase, even if they really wanted to kill b-, why wouldn't they just rb you and kill b- because you claimed town power role?

Again, luckily for town, I'm not scum. I'd not have made such a harebrained move and would definitely have blocked me, UNLESS they picked up a better target in thread or believed action against me could somehow be revealed given that I had claimed.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Toal being blocked isn't definitive but it means they didn't perform the kill even if they are scum, that's enough that I think it's a bad day 2 vote. I also find the case work around Toal to be, uhhhhhhhh, unconvincing. That's the word.

I haven't perceived anyone defending RF and Merk's votes from yesterday, I think we can all agree those were pretty bad yeah? I would like commentary from Maerlyn and plastic in particular on that point.

Since when have I ever been convincing? But I defy you to tell me Toal's behavior sounds like their normal town play here.

Why don't you tell me why you think RF and Merk's votes were bad? Both feel like deadline "put a vote down" type votes, Merk didn't realize he was the hammer if you believe him. I have no reason to think he's lying at this point, he hasn't been enough of a presence to tell one way or the other yet and RF is hard for me to read.

No snark intended btw, just asking you to explain your thoughts as well.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 2

merk (2): Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Voodoofly
Toalpaz (2): Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton
Maerlyn (1): Idle Amalgam, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Retro Futurist (1): Sandwolf
Idle Amalgam (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (4): Bifauxnen, merk, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 26th, 2021 at 6 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is harder than I thought. Nothing is jumping out yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Voodoofly because:
  • Attempts to either distance himself from the IA elimination (IA town) or prop up an alternative candidate knowing IA has a good claim coming (IA scum buddy) with a Solus vote. Note: I'm leaning the former. This looks like scum wanting to distance himself from a town flip.1
  • States that Maerlyn was the "lynchpin" of the shift from IA to Solus to implicate her, but Voodoo was actually the first vote on Solus. This deflects from Voodoo's involvement in the vote at all.2
  • Tone feels off.3
  • He's opening some doors to vote Solus on d1 and then Maerlyn on d2, and he waits and waits and waits until making the vote. You can see his Maerlyn vote coming today. There's no persuasion in what he's doing. There's just groundwork being laid for a justifiable vote.4

Voodoofly posted:

##vote solus

I still think the IA defense felt forced, but toalp also said they were suspect of maer and RF. They also asked you who you thought was scum when you just had a town read on IA, so coming back to vote them for “having only town reads” without even acknowledging that feels like you are just looking for a person to vote.
--

Maerlyn posted:

That hard swerve from IA to Solus gave me whiplash. I'm gonna ##vote Toal because I think their vote might be the worst.

Voodoofly posted:

But you were the lynchpin of that shift? Your vote, if I’m reading it right, was off IA and into sky’s, putting solus ahead of IA

--

Voodoofly posted:

gently caress I think I just made myself want to look at IA again.
--

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah you quote vote finder and then immediately vote solus, so why would the shift you had a major part in causing give you whiplash?

Voodoofly posted:

You caught that I was writing that to gently caress around with our losertars at the time, right?

I did think it was a little suspect, but it was Solus' vote on toalp that I really thought was scummy.

Voodoofly posted:

There are others.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Other random reads:
Sandwolf saying he had to Wikipedia his role feels like town for reasons I can't explain.
RF is super lazy this game, almost lazier than me. Still feels town for some reason though.
Plastic going after Toal feels genuine.
I agree with Somberbrero that eliminating Toal today doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even if there is a decent case out there.
Somberbrero is posting way too reasonably. Not enough to build a case, but I spent some time reading there before finding Voodoo.
I have no idea what to make of IA's claim or role. Nothing super jumped out in IA's posts to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, see everyone tomorrow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thought about it more and point 4 of my case is the strongest point.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My vote was definitely bad but there was like 4 hours left and I had poo poo to do. Better a bad vote than a no kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Those are all pretty good points, Merk, and gently caress it, citations have me won over. Though I don't want to let IA and Toalpaz off the hook, especially given that Voodoo seemed to start that vote train onto Solus to protect Toaly. It's something we should probably come back to tomorrow.

##vote: Voodoo