Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Countblanc posted:

Abel is cool and a dog lover.

Abel was pretty amazing in his SFxT storyline with Guile. Guile's trying to be all serious and professional while Abel's happily talking about bears and takes a moment to poo poo on Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Gavok posted:

Abel was pretty amazing in his SFxT storyline with Guile. Guile's trying to be all serious and professional while Abel's happily talking about bears and takes a moment to poo poo on Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

He's also canonically a Fei Long fanboy which is pretty fun

hot take and this isn't a high bar to clear, Abel is the least bad of the vanilla sf4 newcomers

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

pretty soft girl posted:

He's also canonically a Fei Long fanboy which is pretty fun

hot take and this isn't a high bar to clear, Abel is the least bad of the vanilla sf4 newcomers

C. Viper is better than Abel, imo, and I'd like to see her come back. Too bad nobody could actually play her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wtf hakkan rules

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
All the SF4 newbies EXCEPT Abel totally own tho

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hakan was not vanilla sf4

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
My controversial opinion is that I hope sf6 is a good game because I like good fighting games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I CANNOT stop mentally reading Duke Nukem Forever first in those posts.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I CANNOT stop mentally reading Duke Nukem Forever first in those posts.

Im here to drop combos and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of bubblegum

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also Abel was fun as hell.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

My controversial opinion is that I hope sf6 is a good game because I like good fighting games.

hosed up imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

Also Abel was fun as hell.

here's my hot take:

all the new sf4 designs were actually pretty solid even if el fuerte is a crime against humanity because actually sf4 was a fun game and those characters were designed around the new mechanics

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked C. Viper

I did not play C. Viper because she was tricky and I'm dogshit

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Barudak posted:

I liked C. Viper

I did not play C. Viper because she was tricky and I'm dogshit

C viper was really cool

I played Rufus though because my head wasn't able to grasp more complicated game plans then: dive kick, or don't

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elvis_Maximus posted:

C viper was really cool

I played Rufus though because my head wasn't able to grasp more complicated game plans then: dive kick, or don't

Interesting that you included that second option.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

C viper was really cool

These empty neutral jumps aren't me being a dumbass, they're mind games

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dias posted:

here's my hot take:

all the new sf4 designs were actually pretty solid even if el fuerte is a crime against humanity because actually sf4 was a fun game and those characters were designed around the new mechanics

SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK

God Fuerte was fuckin dumb but fun.

Also for V: As little love as he got, I still really love FANG's aesthetic, that like ye olde chinese 'mysterious man/assassin' look with the long sleeves, the little dark glasses, broad hat and everything.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 27, 2021

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
As far as vanilla SFV newbies, I think they all look fine despite the SFV artstyle, but I thought only Laura and Rashid were fun to play.

Rashid needs to come back just for his theme alone

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Played some Rivals of Aether to try to learn how platforms fighters actually play. It's fairly fun even though I have a lot of issues with the format.
Isn't a big fan of how stupid fast that game is so I thought let's give Brawlhalla a try, maybe it'll be more my speed.
If I'm doing my head math correctly, every character in that game has something like 34 total moves in their movelist and only 6 of them are unique per character? What the gently caress?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1464562187091910657

They showed off Vira a bit for Granblue.

'How do you get out of this mode?'
'You don't.'

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

chumbler posted:

Interesting that you included that second option.

Sometimes you'd jump, then just dive kick at the end, sometimes you'd dive kick instantly. And sometimes.. the forbidden neutral jump to try and make them whiff something

He was a complex character with fantastic writing ok!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
JWong was a great Rufus innovator because he learned how to sometimes not divekick and instead sweep/cr.HP because everyone is expecting the divekick.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Elvis_Maximus posted:

C viper was really cool

c viper not being in 5 sucks because she was cool and awesome

but it's also good because it means she has not been rendered in potentially awful playdoh

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Every new character in 4 was infinitely more interesting than the D-Lister returning from 2 Squad.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I hope C viper comes back in good form in the future. Her SFV version would have been terrible indeed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cviper was at least very cool in umvc3.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every new character in 4 was infinitely more interesting than the D-Lister returning from 2 Squad.

Makoto needs to be in more games because she's a zippy little monster who just doesn't handle like anyone else in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glagha posted:

Makoto needs to be in more games because she's a zippy little monster who just doesn't handle like anyone else in the game.
makoto is neither in a new character in 4 nor returning from 2

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm aware, but the D lister returning from 2 squad is extremely small because there's not that many characters so I assumed that included returning from 3 but if not I guess I'll agree that C. Viper is better than like... Dee Jay.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Actually deejay owns so you’re wrong, sorry buddy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Glagha posted:

I'm aware, but the D lister returning from 2 squad is extremely small because there's not that many characters so I assumed that included returning from 3 but if not I guess I'll agree that C. Viper is better than like... Dee Jay.

It's not. Dee Jay, Fei Long, Blanka, E. Honda, T. Hawk. And that's being very generous to a lot of the SF2 cast who rightfully were left in the dust with SF3.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blanka and e honda arent d listers theyve been in every sf game but 3.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i just wanna play more rolento

he was the most fun part of sf4 for me

also seeing pro level players having legit different styles of play. Abel players were super fun to watch for some reason.

i didnt like a whole lot of playing sf4 but it was more fun to watch than most sfv matches

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looking forward to the SF x Tekken revival.

Oh.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 28, 2021

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's a fun little fact for you but SF1's own Mike, in his guarded boxer's stance, goes on to become Mike Bison in SF2 and beyond.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Nah, officially they've always been distinct characters

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Abel always seemed to me like a less dumb-looking version of Alex.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

chumbler posted:

Looking forward to the SF x Tekken revival.

Oh.

For people who already have it, there’s a great mod that not only strips out GFWL so the game works properly, but it also adds all of the PS3 exclusive characters. It loses net play but who gives a gently caress

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dias posted:

JWong was a great Rufus innovator because he learned how to sometimes not divekick and instead sweep/cr.HP because everyone is expecting the divekick.

This is 100% true, and also a really wild reflection on how Rufus evolved over like.. dang 6 or 7 years? His offense was just absolutely bonkers, and a ton of fun to play

What if.. not dive kick? :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

blanka and e honda arent d listers theyve been in every sf game but 3.

Blanka is a Z-lister