Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

Yeah no. He was 2nd on Voodoo's vote so unless Plastic did an epic bus he's not scum. You probably are though.

Plastic was also advocating for a Voodoo elimination on day 1.

There is an argument that scum got *something* out of the Voodoo elimination because he self voted. I don't know what that might be yet because I haven't analyzed the game reacting to Voodoo's flip.

Ok, I promised myself I wouldn't get into 'active' content this game, so I'm done posting until my big case which will be the last thing I do today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

How could you possibly ever vote me here? Did you forget the flipped Ninja that was the target of my only content yesterday?

lmao yes, I did

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
all of you
come on, are you all scum and third party or something?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mae I'm not impeding IA from claiming what he did last night.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I was going to chide everyone for killing voodoo over me but I guess that worked out

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I visited merk and saw no actions other than my visit.

Toalpaz posted:

it isn't vanilla and you were afraid to claim watcher, despite all roles flipping vanilla with standard names

When was I afraid to claim anything?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

I visited merk and saw no actions other than my visit.

When was I afraid to claim anything?

so like, you didn't claim watcher in your original post.

a) you see an imaginary role block come for random town
b) role block doesn't hit you after claiming d1
c) you aren't killed n1, even though scum rb doesn't hit you
d) you aren't killed n2, even after 'catching' scum rb
e) your claim is structured to fake the existence of scum rb
f) power roles who doubt the validity of your claim die, instead of you
g) this is a vanilla game and you claimed a non vanilla role under duress

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

They have a ninja for n1, but for n2 is seems ridiculous not to kill the watcher. Especially when the watcher may be lying about not seeing who is visiting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm willing to vote IA at this point. Obviously merk and plastic are bad votes today. Not sure about a Sandwolf vote, I liked his RF case yesterday and I want to look at RF again at some point.

##vote IA

Toal makes a decent case.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##unvote

Here's the thing though. Why does a town empowered exist.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The ninja points to a town track or watcher existing too.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

so like, you didn't claim watcher in your original post.

a) you see an imaginary role block come for random town
b) role block doesn't hit you after claiming d1
c) you aren't killed n1, even though scum rb doesn't hit you
d) you aren't killed n2, even after 'catching' scum rb
e) your claim is structured to fake the existence of scum rb
f) power roles who doubt the validity of your claim die, instead of you
g) this is a vanilla game and you claimed a non vanilla role under duress

A) what?
B) My role is almost a negative utility. It doesn't tell anyone anything ultimately and is a good balance for this reason. The role itself is voyeur.
C) This sounds like a left a live for this explicit type of scrutiny.
D) scum lost a player and I'm not scum so I can't speak to their bad reasoning.
E) so am I scum? Am I vanilla scum? Am I a roleblocked? What are you actually saying?
F) but that would be random chance that other PRs die? From votes or night kills? Why am I at fault here?
G) This is a "vanilla game" bunch of flipped PRs. I am a PR. SEE YOUR OWN POINT F lol. Only mod can really answer this and the point is made moot by flips and my own role. Also not relevant ultimately.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

Here's the thing though. Why does a town empowered exist.

Because there's a scum roleblocker. If IA is scum it's easy for him to know what would be safe to claim d2.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

##vote IA

I think Voodoo came in when IA was looking like he was in trouble and redirected onto Solus, then tried to pin it on me. This flip floppy post about IA also looks bad.

Voodoofly posted:

Honestly I was debating voting IA this morning but I think I’m fine with my vote where it is. His strongest point is pontificating into a future act and calling me scum for it, and saying that I’m trying to deflect away from solus who I am point blank saying I thought was scum and wanted to vote day 1.

I’d also vote IA though. I think maers case is pretty good although I don’t see toalp and IA being on the same side. Honestly the fact that IA is still spending so many posts going back towards toalp, despite the roleblock soft clear on them, feels the most off. If you saw them roleblocked presumably you would know they didn’t kill last night and look at other people today to spend time on your posts.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

If IA flips scum I don't believe Toal was RBed N1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

If IA flips scum I don't believe Toal was RBed N1.

Why not? IA could be telling the truth and still be scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Random thoughts before I make my large case:

Voodoofly posted:

It's not meant to be wishy washy. I was suspicious of [Maerlyn] but your later posts and responses to me changed my mind. I don't think you are scum and don't want to vote you.

I do not believe this is a post that scum makes on scum. Voodoo looks to be pleading to Maerlyn for her to unvote him.

---

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Those are all pretty good points, Merk, and gently caress it, citations have me won over. Though I don't want to let IA and Toalpaz off the hook, especially given that Voodoo seemed to start that vote train onto Solus to protect Toaly. It's something we should probably come back to tomorrow.

##vote: Voodoo

This is an interesting take. Is this a correct read that Voodoo voted Solus to protect Toal? It almost seems like you know what scum chat was worried about d1 instead of what was happening in thread. Here are the receipts:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Idle Amalgam (4): Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Bifauxnen, merk, Maerlyn
Voodoofly (1): Toalpaz
Squiggly (1): Somberbrero, b-minus1, b-minus1, b-minus1, Idle Amalgam, merk, Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero, merk
Toalpaz (1): Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton
SolusLunes (0): Toalpaz, b-minus1, b-minus1, Toalpaz
Maerlyn (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (6): Idle Amalgam, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Squiggly, Voodoofly

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 23rd, 2021 at 10 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 8 hours, 36 minutes.

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Toalpaz

Voodoofly posted:

##vote solus

I still think the IA defense felt forced, but toalp also said they were suspect of maer and RF. They also asked you who you thought was scum when you just had a town read on IA, so coming back to vote them for “having only town reads” without even acknowledging that feels like you are just looking for a person to vote.

Toal had two votes to IA's four votes. Isn't a more reasonable conclusion that Voodoofly came in to help prevent an IA elimination?

--

I do not understand why scum kill Squiggly on n1. Sure, Voodoofly likes to kill lurkers. And sure, Squiggly is coming for b-, so the kill theoretically could setup b-. However, is it this:

Squiggly posted:

I've also had plastic in the back of my mind. If [IA dies] (and flip town) I will avenge you :black101:

--

In my experience, Sandwolf fakes like he has no idea what is going on in a game and misses obvious things when he's scum, not town. Sandwolf saying nonchalantly that he would vote me is a scum tell for him.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think town has the numbers advantage even with my misslunch so it's whatever.

N1 I visited toal and saw that they were blocked and that I visited
N2 I visited merk and saw nothing other than my visit

Not much use other than it confirms that there's a roleblocker in the game. At this point, if it was a town roleblocker it would be more advantageous for all of us if they just claimed, but given that it hasn't happened yet, or if this didn't spur them to claim, scum have a roleblocker and that mean's toal is town.

Also, given that there weren't 2 kills on N2, I bet the 3P was roleblocked by scum OR town vig popped off N1, and there is no 3P.

In any case, that's the extent of my evidence and theorycrafting.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey Somber, why were you visiting Bif last night?

Somberbrero posted:

I'm vanilla, I didn't visit anyone.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hmm. Interesting. It really sounds like we should lunch IA then.

...but lol, why are breezing right past this?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote somber not an omgus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I presume it was Plastic trying bluff some kind of confession out of me and Plastic doesn't actually have a result. As it is, it seems like a reasonable enough town gambit.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Imo the fact that IA specifically noted his type of cell and the fact that we know scum are hunting for specific cell types makes it even weirder that he is alive. I didn't even notice that info on first read in my role pm.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##unvote
Actually, a vote I feel more confident in would be RF

1. Where other players have doubted presence of a roleblocker, they believe the roleblocker is more likely to be town aligned based on current setup meta in the community. That's a weird take in light of hearing a player who was not participant in one of the two N1 kills was blocked.
  2. Suspect vote against Solus on D1
  3. Dismissal of suspicion on voodoo and association with merk, but no actual reads

Retro Futurist posted:

1a. I've seen a lot of town RBs lately, I'm not sure I'd buy that so readily

Retro Futurist posted:

1b. I’d say it proves toal isn’t an SK but that’s about it

Retro Futurist posted:

2. Sure ##vote solus

Retro Futurist posted:

3. No scum reads. I agree merk is town right now and don't have any bad vibes from voodoo

##vote RF

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

Imo the fact that IA specifically noted his type of cell and the fact that we know scum are hunting for specific cell types makes it even weirder that he is alive. I didn't even notice that info on first read in my role pm.

Toal also claimed a cell type and (jokingly I presume) JOAT abilities.

Also, Toal shared a cell type with Bif.

Toalpaz posted:

im a t cell

at night i can

cop a player
vig a player
tack a player
jail a player

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Patient Notes
Further evidence of immune damage has presented despite the progress made yesterday. Patient condition deteriorating rapidly. Preparations being made for transfer to ICU.

Bifauxnen, T-Cells (Body-aligned Empowerer) has been lysed Night 2.

It is now Day 3.

I hadn't read into cell flavor until voodoo's flip, and even then, I believe there are probably cell types that aren't specifically capable of empowering the scum. Esp. if they have to kill the specific scum personally at night.

"Your preferred target cells are Urogenital Epithelial Cells and as such personally night killing the player with this flavour will grant you a boon."

Scum would need some way of identifying preferred targets for them to actually be actively hunting anything, so is that a slip somber?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

##vote RF as not me.

Deadline is bad time for me as I’m on kid duty this morning. Will be somewhat around to swap and will vote myself if we need the votes.

Voodoofly posted:

##vote voodoo

Probably can’t check in again this morning and it’s a holiday so would rather be safe.

This is definitely a weird series of posts but RF’s lunch seeming to fail in lieu of Voodoo pushes me to think we shouldn’t do RF today.

Plastic was your thing about Somber a breezy gambit?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Sandwolf does the same thing with a different flavor:

Sandwolf posted:

I can confirm I had to look up my role on Wikipedia

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i am willing to follow merk this game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

i am willing to follow merk this game

If you’re a survivor just claim now please.

OK DONE POSTING

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

heh, it would be funny if there was a benign tumor survivor

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

Guilty as charged.

Also as to Merk's question, I noticed that the post targeting Solus from Voodoo didn't come when IA was at -2, but the moment Solus agreed with me about Toalpaz, Voodoo suddenly hops in with a lovely case and the votes just slam in. I don't know if it was an excuse, but it's really weird timing, especially with Voodoo's self vote and Toal doing the "well I guess I'll hammer whatever" routine.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Can we also talk about the idea that scum did literally nothing to Merk after he got scum taken out day 2?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Can we also talk about the idea that scum did literally nothing to Merk after he got scum taken out day 2?

Am I scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

This is definitely a weird series of posts but RF’s lunch seeming to fail in lieu of Voodoo pushes me to think we shouldn’t do RF today.

Yeah if I were scum sacrificing me to save the ninja would be the optimal move.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

##unvote
Actually, a vote I feel more confident in would be RF

1. Where other players have doubted presence of a roleblocker, they believe the roleblocker is more likely to be town aligned based on current setup meta in the community. That's a weird take in light of hearing a player who was not participant in one of the two N1 kills was blocked.
  2. Suspect vote against Solus on D1
  3. Dismissal of suspicion on voodoo and association with merk, but no actual reads

##vote RF

I never said the rb was “more likely to be town” I literally just said it was possible, you quoted me there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Plastic was also advocating for a Voodoo elimination on day 1.

I went back to double check and actually no he didn’t. I don’t see any mention of voodoo d1 at all, just this d2

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Those are all pretty good points, Merk, and gently caress it, citations have me won over. Though I don't want to let IA and Toalpaz off the hook, especially given that Voodoo seemed to start that vote train onto Solus to protect Toaly. It's something we should probably come back to tomorrow.

##vote: Voodoo

And then they leave their vote on him all day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure I was right the first time ##vote plastic

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is that the case on Plastic?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Am I scum?

Though I did have this exact thought to that post

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Is that the case on Plastic?

That’s my case on plastic you’re welcome to make your own if you don’t like it

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Why not? IA could be telling the truth and still be scum.

That is fair, I just feel pretty strongly that Toal is scum and IA's "Toal was blocked therefore they can't be scum" is fake. There was the post I quoted earlier where Voodoo suggests IA and Toal couldn't both be scum together which knowing now he was scum seems suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

merk posted:

Am I scum?

No I'm suggesting that IA's result sounds like bullshit.