Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Give me your hill is a new one lmao

E: where in North America has a foot of snow right now???

There's been heavy snowfall in the UK for the past week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

webmeister posted:

There's been heavy snowfall in the UK for the past week...

Also UK pet owners love letting their pets out unattended.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

dogs loving love hanging out in the snow. ours would just lie on it and sunbathe. let the dog have their snowday.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

dogs loving love hanging out in the snow. ours would just lie on it and sunbathe. let the dog have their snowday.

When I first met my wife she had a chocolate lab that would go out in snow piled higher than his back and run around, making a big plume with his tail sticking up

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I have outed one person under extreme unusual circumstances. It was during an investigation where it provided vital context about the actions of a third party, the person investigating promised that the specifics wouldn't make it into the final report, the person who I outed later told me I did the right thing, and I still feel like garbage about it. I can't imagine this woman not feeling like an rear end in a top hat, even if she does think she was justified.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Brawnfire posted:

Haha, gently caress that. I left jobs if I'd been there multiple years cleaning up messes and they decided to get petty with me. The smaller the thing, the more likely I'd just loving walk, because it's clear that no amount of good graces was ever getting me past the "idiot we hired off the street" category in some diseased restaurant manager's mind.

I feel like my whole life has turned around when I started just telling my boss to fire me when they harass me over something inconsequential.

Obviously if you're living hand to mouth this isn't so much of an option, but I feel like society will generally improve if more people just give poo poo to their bosses when they are bothered over stupid things.

I am now known as the 'Fire Me' guy at work and it has improved my entire worklife. My favorite moment was when a new manager was walking over my desk to gently caress with me about not wearing a tie and the old manager just stopped him with a "not THAT guy" kind of look. It is routinely 100 degrees Farenheit where we live, they can shove ties up their asses.

It also kind of provides motivation for me to do a really good job at work, because then they get to enjoy explaining how they fired a good worker over something that doesn't actually matter just to prove a point. So far I've never been fired but I've deployed Fire Me repeatedly at my last two jobs very consistently and it's been lovely. "Oh, working Saturday is mandatory? Well, you should probably just fire me because there is no way I am coming in." Still haven't worked Saturday.

The hard part is the resentment from the poo poo-eating types of coworkers who wonder why I don't have to do extra work. The simple answer is that I flatly refuse to do so, and I wish they would all do the same. If they need someone to work Saturday, then they should loving hire enough people so that the work gets done by Friday.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

just think of it. every day you have a huge coat of fur and can barely sweat through your paws. you sleep on top of air vents in your owners home to stay cool. every day you're overheated and then one day a magical substance that makes it the perfect temperature AND is fun to play in is all over the ground and you aren't allowed to play in it because some helicopter parents think they're kid will combust if they touch a dog. smh.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Mustang posted:

I agree, the wife is just straight up an rear end in a top hat. He should divorce her and find someone that doesn't get off on treating him like poo poo. Not surprised that someone that wants to move back to their hometown also acts like a teenager.

Yeah I'm completely cool with promiscuity, but anyone who feels the need to brag about it after their teenage years reads to me as rather pathetic. Immediate red flag on a dating app if a girl insists on telling me about anyone's dick. Within a few messages once I had a girl brag that she had recently had sex with a guy that had previously had sex with over 1000 women, and he claimed that she was THE BEST.

She told me this in an effort to impress me and not inform me that she is extremely gullible and maybe has some new and undiscovered STDs. Or more likely is that this guy really just lost his virginity to her and deployed that amazing line because she obviously believes anything.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I feel like my whole life has turned around when I started just telling my boss to fire me when they harass me over something inconsequential.

Obviously if you're living hand to mouth this isn't so much of an option, but I feel like society will generally improve if more people just give poo poo to their bosses when they are bothered over stupid things.

I am now known as the 'Fire Me' guy at work and it has improved my entire worklife. My favorite moment was when a new manager was walking over my desk to gently caress with me about not wearing a tie and the old manager just stopped him with a "not THAT guy" kind of look. It is routinely 100 degrees Farenheit where we live, they can shove ties up their asses.

It also kind of provides motivation for me to do a really good job at work, because then they get to enjoy explaining how they fired a good worker over something that doesn't actually matter just to prove a point. So far I've never been fired but I've deployed Fire Me repeatedly at my last two jobs very consistently and it's been lovely. "Oh, working Saturday is mandatory? Well, you should probably just fire me because there is no way I am coming in." Still haven't worked Saturday.

The hard part is the resentment from the poo poo-eating types of coworkers who wonder why I don't have to do extra work. The simple answer is that I flatly refuse to do so, and I wish they would all do the same. If they need someone to work Saturday, then they should loving hire enough people so that the work gets done by Friday.

it's really good if you can double down, quit, and then get them to rehire you a few weeks later for way more money

my work is so dumb i cant believe they fell for that twice

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I (36m) have no game but my wife (35f) wants me to seduce her at a bar. Can someone help me?

quote:

I am 36 years old and I have been married for 7 years. I have never really had problems getting into relationships with women. I know that sounds strange, seeing as I have literally no game whatsoever, but I am a nice guy and people like to hang out with me.

I am pretty sure I am on the autism spectrum but I have never been diagnosed with anything. When I was a kid my parents forced me to always do social activities, so I always had male friends and female friends which really helped. As I got older, I stayed in the habit of doing activities with people, and meeting people at jobs and so on, even though it is uncomfortable for me to talk to people I don’t know, I always push myself try to get to know people overtime.

I am much more comfortable in front of the computer than striking up a conversation while waiting in line at the store. I always start sweating when I am trying to make small talk with someone, and it is so awkward for me. However, as I get to know someone, I become much more comfortable and then they start to like me.

Furthermore, I have never ever been able to pick up a girl at a bar without already knowing them from something else. I have never been able to ask a girl out on the street, or pick them up at a club, without already having some kind of friendship or relationship where I have a report with them already. Somehow, I have been able to convert this into relationships or sex and to be honest I have no idea how the mechanisms actually work.

I would like to learn how to pick up a girl (my wife) at a bar or a club. My wife asked me if I could try to seduce her at a bar or club and pretend I don’t know who she is. The problem is that I think I will embarrass myself if I try to seduce her because I don’t actually know what I am doing.

Is there some website or something I can use to research how to do this? I exercise a lot so I am in pretty good shape and I have nice clothes and colognes which my wife picked out for me. I also make a really good salary so my wife already really likes me, so I don’t think it will be much of a problem to pick her up. However, I’m kinda getting nervous because, what if she realizes I was never was able to pick up a girl without knowing them? If someone can help me get better game I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, my wife knows I am bad at small talk but she asked me to do this because she thinks it will be fun and sexy. I want to try to do this for her to make sure she is happy and having fun being married to me even though it is causing me a lot of anxiety.

If someone can give me some suggestions it would be very helpful. Thanks.

his thread needs more palate cleanser stories

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Mx. posted:

it's really good if you can double down, quit, and then get them to rehire you a few weeks later for way more money

my work is so dumb i cant believe they fell for that twice

Oh it is delicious. I got fired from a teaching job because of some complete bullshit, where I refused to use some Brand New Phone App that is gonna REVOLUTIONISE LEARNING (just like the other 9 mandatory apps we hate). It really opened my eyes to how many schools have worthless suits whose entire job is built around justifying their paycheck by forcing the teachers to REVOLUTIONISE their teaching with crappy clunky technology that will inevitably be eclipsed by whatever crap they shill the next time they get bored.

Admin then got to enjoy hordes angry parents calling the school and asking why Mr. Grapes got fired and having the answer that he refused to use the New App (that most of the parents hate too). I got rehired within 2 days at a much higher salary and a willingness to completely dig in on fighting against any stupid bullshit in the future. They created a monster.

I did actually get 'fired' once from a boutique tiny little rich kid school (like 40 students in the whole place). They paid me late one too many times so I just walked out, along with my girlfriend who was also teaching there, and told them I would stay home until the cash was in my hands. When the parents asked about us the school told them that we had recently acquired a deadly and contagious disease(!). This was long before Covid. Naturally the parents freaked out - all of them already had my email address and sent their condolences on our impending deaths, only to find out the truth and then completely lose their poo poo. School shut down within 2 months as they all withdrew because it became clear the place was run by an insane person. Like, it's one thing to lie about a missing teacher, but it really is something else to tell a wildly ridiculous lie that will fall apart under 2 seconds of scrutiny. Demonstrates an incompetence of a staggering level when they could have just said 'Paycheck dispute' and left it at that and probably be largely believed.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Mr. Grapes! posted:

More people need to realize this. There's a guy I used to work with who I see complaining nonstop in that team's group chat about how much work he has, how he worked through his breaks/lunches, how he worked off the clock on the weekend to catch up, and he just doesn't seem to get that he can just not do those things, live a happier life, and literally nothing will change at work other than maybe they will eventually hire someone new to help out once the problem gets bad enough.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Oh it is delicious. I got fired from a teaching job because of some complete bullshit, where I refused to use some Brand New Phone App that is gonna REVOLUTIONISE LEARNING (just like the other 9 mandatory apps we hate). It really opened my eyes to how many schools have worthless suits whose entire job is built around justifying their paycheck by forcing the teachers to REVOLUTIONISE their teaching with crappy clunky technology that will inevitably be eclipsed by whatever crap they shill the next time they get bored.

Admin then got to enjoy hordes angry parents calling the school and asking why Mr. Grapes got fired and having the answer that he refused to use the New App (that most of the parents hate too). I got rehired within 2 days at a much higher salary and a willingness to completely dig in on fighting against any stupid bullshit in the future. They created a monster.

I did actually get 'fired' once from a boutique tiny little rich kid school (like 40 students in the whole place). They paid me late one too many times so I just walked out, along with my girlfriend who was also teaching there, and told them I would stay home until the cash was in my hands. When the parents asked about us the school told them that we had recently acquired a deadly and contagious disease(!). This was long before Covid. Naturally the parents freaked out - all of them already had my email address and sent their condolences on our impending deaths, only to find out the truth and then completely lose their poo poo. School shut down within 2 months as they all withdrew because it became clear the place was run by an insane person. Like, it's one thing to lie about a missing teacher, but it really is something else to tell a wildly ridiculous lie that will fall apart under 2 seconds of scrutiny. Demonstrates an incompetence of a staggering level when they could have just said 'Paycheck dispute' and left it at that and probably be largely believed.

hahaha excellent

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gadzuko posted:

More people need to realize this. There's a guy I used to work with who I see complaining nonstop in that team's group chat about how much work he has, how he worked through his breaks/lunches, how he worked off the clock on the weekend to catch up, and he just doesn't seem to get that he can just not do those things, live a happier life, and literally nothing will change at work other than maybe they will eventually hire someone new to help out once the problem gets bad enough.

I've known a fair few of these people and they act like this on their days off too

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Hellblazer187 posted:

Outing someone is wrong and bad. Very lovely of the guy to use this woman and lie to her, but she had other comebacks to the lovely mom.

Eh, I don't think homosexuality gets a special pass to being a complete piece of poo poo, especially if you are hurting people in order to stay closeted. I'm happy to blow up a closet that is ruining lives, like this woman that he spent years lying to. Think of it as a public service. If she allows his moronic lie to stay, then he will very likely try to find some other doormat woman he can abuse and cheat on to protect his vaunted closeted status. If this guy cared about gay rights then he probably shouldn't be propagating a homophobic cult.

I'm all about keeping secrets but if you are being a complete piece of poo poo in order to keep your secret then I have no problem shining light on that mold.

If we want go full Godwin's Law: If I met a Nazi that was secretly Jewish, and actually using his Nazi Status to be a piece of poo poo (of course he is), then I'm gonna be first in line to rat him out. He can enjoy the hate he helped create, the shitbag.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Gadzuko posted:

Yeah I have a lot of coworkers who stay hours late and volunteer to do everything. We all get paid exactly the same! They've been doing it for years without complaining in the hopes that someone will 'notice', when really all that is noticed is that this person will happily eat poo poo that you shovel into their mouth, so might as well get a bigger shovel.

I admittedly used to be one of those People Who Tried, but I woke up and realised it would never get me anything except self-disgust. Now I'm vociferously anti-boss/work/landlord, gently caress em all. My landlord is actually an awesome dude though, he even lowered the rent and installed new internet infrastructure for free during Covid lockdown. I understand he's rare. I don't think he's in it for the money, he just likes to chill in front of the building on folding chairs with his other old dude friends and drink rice wine and watch sports and play GO. He seems generally happy if there is some sort of problem that needs work, I think he enjoys using tools and feeling generally useful.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 2, 2021

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Uncle ShortyB posted:

In my opinion everyone involved in the weird natural disaster landlord situation should simply decide to stop talking to one another and only communicate via carrier pigeon.

In all seriousness in my opinion it wouldn't be a huge ask of the landlord to find a handyman, have them come by and replace a single fuse, and just be done with the situation rather than everyone bitching at each other over whether or not it's the landlord's job to make sure poo poo isn't broken (it is the landlord's job to make sure poo poo isn't broken and it's weird they wouldn't even entertain the idea of the tenant paying someone to fix it and just mailing them the key to the new lock because what the gently caress).

Anyway, enjoy this because lord knows I did!

Should I (23f) go through with having my partner’s (34m) child and (maybe) starting a very unconventional kind of family?

To maladapt animal farm, "Two parents good, 3 or more parents better"

Also this is not only feels fake I get the vague vibe that it's also one handed for some reason.

r/relationships: Yes, a cult… Lol.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Yeah I'm completely cool with promiscuity, but anyone who feels the need to brag about it after their teenage years reads to me as rather pathetic. Immediate red flag on a dating app if a girl insists on telling me about anyone's dick. Within a few messages once I had a girl brag that she had recently had sex with a guy that had previously had sex with over 1000 women, and he claimed that she was THE BEST.

She told me this in an effort to impress me and not inform me that she is extremely gullible and maybe has some new and undiscovered STDs. Or more likely is that this guy really just lost his virginity to her and deployed that amazing line because she obviously believes anything.

Counterpoint: When I was on the dating scene, this was a useful way to identify people who were only looking for casual hook-up partners or poly relationships or something in that spectrum. I'm sure there was some ego in it, but advertising their horniness helped me avoid arrangements that I knew I wouldn't be comfortable with. (and probably helped them avoid accidentally starting drama or a relationship with folks who could only handle a more "vanilla" relationship).

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 2, 2021

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Mx. posted:

I (36m) have no game but my wife (35f) wants me to seduce her at a bar. Can someone help me?

quote:

Is there some website or something I can use to research how to do this? I exercise a lot so I am in pretty good shape and I have nice clothes and colognes which my wife picked out for me. I also make a really good salary so my wife already really likes me, so I don’t think it will be much of a problem to pick her up. However, I’m kinda getting nervous because, what if she realizes I was never was able to pick up a girl without knowing them? If someone can help me get better game I would greatly appreciate it.

This could also backfire with the guy getting into PUA and redpill stuff. So, this being a palate cleanser is not a given.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Eh, I don't think homosexuality gets a special pass to being a complete piece of poo poo, especially if you are hurting people in order to stay closeted. I'm happy to blow up a closet that is ruining lives, like this woman that he spent years lying to. Think of it as a public service. If she allows his moronic lie to stay, then he will very likely try to find some other doormat woman he can abuse and cheat on to protect his vaunted closeted status. If this guy cared about gay rights then he probably shouldn't be propagating a homophobic cult.

I'm all about keeping secrets but if you are being a complete piece of poo poo in order to keep your secret then I have no problem shining light on that mold.

If we want go full Godwin's Law: If I met a Nazi that was secretly Jewish, and actually using his Nazi Status to be a piece of poo poo (of course he is), then I'm gonna be first in line to rat him out. He can enjoy the hate he helped create, the shitbag.

I think you want a castle metaphor rather than a Nazi metaphor: You can't sally from your closet, make a bunch of claims about your sexuality that unfairly impact other people, then dash back inside. Once the door is open to those people then it stays open.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Alchenar posted:

I think you want a castle metaphor rather than a Nazi metaphor: You can't sally from your closet, make a bunch of claims about your sexuality that unfairly impact other people, then dash back inside. Once the door is open to those people then it stays open.

Yeah, this is ESH. Gay ex is a hardcore rear end in a top hat for lying about his wife and for marrying her in the first place, and would very probably have gone on to marry another beard (and may well still do an "I have prayed away the gay and am marrying some other poor sucker family happy now yay" thing) but still. She was pushed hard but it doesn't absolve her of assholism.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'd argue he outed himself with extra steps.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think once you're at Im willing to cheat on you regularly and deceive you into having my children under false pretenses and I am an independent grown adult, you don't get to fall back on "but Im gay" as a reason your victim has to keep your secret.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The gay guy totally blew up his own life. I guess his wife could have lied to cover for him but I wouldn't say she was under an obligation to do so given how he treated her.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

She could gave come up with a better comeback but that’s the kind of poo poo you realise afterwards in the shower you should have said. When someone is lying both TO you and ABOUT you it’s verrrry tempting to throw the truth on the table.

E; actually I’m not even gonna equivocate. The entire relationship was using her to closet himself plus use her as a baby incubator (presumably raising the next generation of kids to warp and lie about this to) then even as it’s uncovered, he caps it off by lying about her as a Jezebel to cap it off. gently caress him. I do not believe the “but you *never* out someone” thing is worth it here.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 2, 2021

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
I usually don't go on Reddit to check the comments, but did for this one. It's a nearly unanimous NTA, with a couple of weak ESHs.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

a podcast for cats posted:

I usually don't go on Reddit to check the comments, but did for this one. It's a nearly unanimous NTA, with a couple of weak ESHs.

I think a weak ESH is fair here. She probably shouldn't have outed him but after what he did I can't feel much sympathy for him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mx. posted:

This was actually adorable :allears:

I just hope he realizes that if he thinks he's ASD, we can't pull off suave. That's literally part of our problem. But we do have avenues for seduction that absolutely work.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey baby, does this dick pic make me look fat?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Grapes! posted:

I have effectively capped my career progression by refusing to work after 6pm or on weekends. I was on a project that was doing 70-80 hours a week and decided that’s no way to live. I switched projects, set boundaries at 50 hours a week max with no weekends and only the very very VERY rare evening, and I doubt I’ll ever get promoted again because of it.

Still worth it to put my foot down and have perceived control of my life.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

therattle posted:

I think a weak ESH is fair here. She probably shouldn't have outed him but after what he did I can't feel much sympathy for him.

I think we can at least all join in with being extremely thankful they never had kids so OP can cut horrible him and his horrible family off entirely.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

boop the snoot posted:

I have effectively capped my career progression by refusing to work after 6pm or on weekends. I was on a project that was doing 70-80 hours a week and decided that’s no way to live. I switched projects, set boundaries at 50 hours a week max with no weekends and only the very very VERY rare evening, and I doubt I’ll ever get promoted again because of it.

Still worth it to put my foot down and have perceived control of my life.

what kind of weirdo gets promoted internally in this day and age anyway?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yeah the whole reason I left healthcare for tech was because it’s normal and accepted to quit your job every couple years and you have actual negotiation power even without a union. In fact it’s extremely weird for a good programmer or computer toucher to stay anywhere for a “career” and probably a sign they’re not really into the technical side of their job.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Knew a guy who interviewed and was marked down for having worked in the same place for 8 years.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

kimbo305 posted:

Some of yall haven't read Eviction and it shows.

Link or citation for the book?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The three year mark is when I start looking for the door. I'm probably going to end up at my current company for six years though which is just weird for me (they're paying for grad school and I'm out as soon as I graduate)

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Loyalty is never rewarded. You want a higher paycheck? Find another job.

That lady who outed her cheating piece of poo poo ex is in no way the rear end in a top hat. The guy could have come up with a million different excuses to feed his parents that wouldn't have resulted in family members hounding OP directly. He made the mess and she put an end to it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ranbo das posted:

The three year mark is when I start looking for the door. I'm probably going to end up at my current company for six years though which is just weird for me (they're paying for grad school and I'm out as soon as I graduate)

I hit 3 years in September and my 401k vested and ever since then I’ve been planning my exit from the industry completely.

If you value your time, don’t go into public accounting or consulting. If you value money or have these grand white collar ambitions, they’re not too bad. But you’ll never have time to spend money or time with anyone so use it as time to save for a house or something. Otherwise I don’t see the point.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My sister who went from accountant with zero technical skills to FANG-level project manager in less than 10 years seems like planned her third job before she even started her first. Just like expert level job hopping I think her current job is the first time she’s ever stayed anywhere for more than two years since now she makes more money than god and still gets to mostly do stuff she likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ranbo das posted:

Good amount of time to build up a dossier of blackmail materials