Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

IBroughttheFunk posted:

cryptids in the state of Connecticut

I like the glawackus :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In the 1800s and early 1900s there were a whole bunch of sensationalist newspaper reports of UFOs which were made out of wood and canvas and had propellers
Yeah, those are interesting. In most cases when people claimed to have interactions with the occupants they were just supposed to be mad scientists or strange foreigners or something, but I didn't realize a few of them actually claimed the airships were piloted by Martians. I also didn't realize the first sighting was in my hometown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the glawackus :3:

It's my favorite cryptid of the bunch too. Especially I just love the idea of an individual fisher just ambling around the town, doing its thing and people catching occasional glimpses of it and just immediately losing their poo poo and thinking "OH gently caress, A MONSTER!!!""

People were so terrified that Glawackus hunts were briefly a thing. Not a successful thing, but a thing nevertheless.

IBroughttheFunk has a new favorite as of 00:59 on Dec 2, 2021

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
Thought I'd share a story I just recently heard about, kind of a Chinese version of Antônio Villas Boas' claims of having sex with an alien. In 1994 a man named Meng Zhaoguo was working at a logging camp in Heilongjiang, in the northeast of China, when he saw strange lights and metallic flashes from a nearby mountain. He thought a helicopter had crashed so he set off to help and in his own words "scavenge for scrap." Before he could though, something hit him in the forehead and knocked him out. When he awoke he met a 3 meter tall, six fingered woman with fur-covered legs who he says "otherwise looked completely like a human." At this point he was somehow transported back to his home, where he proceeded to have sex with this furry, six-fingered giant while hovering in the air above his sleeping wife and daughter. He was left with a mysterious scar on his thigh which a later doctor's examination claimed was not caused by a normal injury or surgery.

A month later, he claims to have ascended through a wall to visit the aliens on their spaceship. He asked if he could see his alien lover again, and was told no but that his hybrid son would be born on another planet in 60 years. He claims they spoke Chinese but with a heavy foreign accent so it was hard for him to understand, but they explained that they were refugees fleeing a dying planet.

In addition to the sex, it's worth noting that this story has apparently got Meng a fair amount of local celebrity, and even secured him a job maintaining the boiler at a university in the nearby city of Harbin. Better than working at a lumber camp anyway. Also worth noting, according to Meng at least, his wife didn't get too mad at him for cheating on her with an alien while floating in mid-air above his sleeping family.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chinese-lumberjack-alien_b_6986618

stereobreadsticks has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Dec 2, 2021

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

IBroughttheFunk posted:

the Frog-Headed People of Danbury

I'm super disappointed that I grew up one town over and not only never saw a frog-headed person, but never even heard of them until today!

Thanks for this, very cool to read.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

stereobreadsticks posted:

Also worth noting, according to Meng at least, his wife didn't get too mad at him for cheating on her with an alien while floating in mid-air above his sleeping family.

It's nice when couples can work things out

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Glawackus - In 1939, a creature was sighted several times around the town of Glastonbury, and was rumored to be preying on pets and small farm animals. It had a variety of descriptions but was commonly described as half dog, half cat. Many have theorized that it was just a wandering fisher cat which had become almost basically extinct in the state at the time and were a pretty rare sight (they have since been reintroduced to the state). Its wonderfully dumb name is a combination of “gla” for Glastonbury, “wack” for wacky, and “-us” just to have a Latin-sounding ending.

They might not be much, but they're my local weirdos!

:3: What a cutie, I'm glad the Fisher is making a come back. For more information on Fishers go here: https://animals.howstuffworks.com/mammals/fisher-cats.htm

Oh, and they sound like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5v7s1tKMJo

Definitely top tier Cryptid material.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

After binging through this thread, I was inspired to do a write-up on the cryptids in my home state of Connecticut. It’s a small, eclectic little mix that consists of:

Melon Heads - There are competing legends about small populations of little humanoid-looking beings with enormous, bulbous heads living deep in the woods in various spots mainly in the southwest of the state. Some stories say that they’re the result of centuries of inbreeding by some folks who were were a little too rural for their own good, but there’s at least one story that says that they are escapees from a mental institution whose heads swelled up after resorting to cannibalism in the woods (which is genuinely funny to me considering how pretty densely populated that part of the state is). Either way, in several towns there are heavily wooded backroads where they supposedly live, and if you drive through at night they’ll attack and chase you away. Similar “monsters-resulting-from-inbreeding” legends specific to particular towns in the state are the Frog-Headed People of Danbury, in the west of the state. Often mentioned alongside the Melon Heads but not quite as similar are the Faceless People of Monroe, a bunch of unfortunates who live in an old barn under the watch of a caretaker and supposedly have no eyes, ears, or noses - just mouths and pale lips. There are also Melon Heads reportedly in Ohio and Michigan too.

(One of the Melon Head roads)

Winsted Wild Man - In 1895, the editor of the town of Winsted local paper, the Evening Citizen, wrote how a selectman out for a walk encountered what he described as a tall naked man covered in long, streaming black hair who leapt from some blackberry bushes and frightened him and his dog. After this was reported in a local paper, a brief hysteria followed, and not only were sightings reported all around the area, but at one point concerned citizens organized a militia to try and track this wild man down. Most likely it was just a hoax completely fabricated by the newspaper editor, but there were a few scattered sightings decades later in the 1970’s. He's been variously depicted as a super hairy dude and as a New England Sasquatch.

Black Dog of Hanging Hills - Connecticut has its own take on the phantom black dog legends from English folklore, except that ours has been described as small, spaniel-sized little thing that will appear at night, leave no footprints and make no sounds even when it opens its mouth to bark or howl. It's supposed to be pretty friendly, but not someone you want to become close pals with. As the legend goes, one sighting is good luck, two is a warning, and the third means impending death. Six deaths are attributed to running into this lil' guy the fatal three times.

The black dog is another cutie, and the Melon heads and faceless people are legitimately scary concepts, but for some reason The Winsted Wild Man is the guy I'm the most charmed by. He doesn't kill people, or hurt them, or even cause property damage, he just shows up and jump scares pedestrians then leaves. He's just a regular dude living naked in the woods.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Knormal posted:

Yeah, those are interesting. In most cases when people claimed to have interactions with the occupants they were just supposed to be mad scientists or strange foreigners or something, but I didn't realize a few of them actually claimed the airships were piloted by Martians. I also didn't realize the first sighting was in my hometown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship

That is weird. Most of the sightings are of their time - wooden craft with rudders, mad inventors, talk of the enemies and concerns of the day - but there's that small number that could come from a century later, with metallic spaceships and aliens. It demands explanation but what kind of explanation, I'm not sure.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Some kind of bear...snake?

The Lone Badger has a new favorite as of 12:35 on Dec 2, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Gef?!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I guess its cryptid adjacent but the Permian Basin Superorganisim/Mystery Flesh Pit National Park is really cool and horrible all at the same time

https://mysteryfleshpit.tumblr.com/

Beer_Suitcase has a new favorite as of 15:25 on Dec 2, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the only cryptid near to where i'm originally from is this lovely k-mart bigfoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB-uGUAcOmg

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Does anyone know where I can find the old scary story thread with the skin walkers and the weird animals on the road, and a bunch of personal anecdotes that were probably fiction?

We're going to the southwest and I'm hoping to get good and spooked

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

Does anyone know where I can find the old scary story thread with the skin walkers and the weird animals on the road, and a bunch of personal anecdotes that were probably fiction?

We're going to the southwest and I'm hoping to get good and spooked

If you have archives, the thread is here. If you don’t have archives, some guy has the stories on a webpage here.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The black dog is another cutie, and the Melon heads and faceless people are legitimately scary concepts, but for some reason The Winsted Wild Man is the guy I'm the most charmed by. He doesn't kill people, or hurt them, or even cause property damage, he just shows up and jump scares pedestrians then leaves. He's just a regular dude living naked in the woods.

Glad to hear that this guy is your jam. Please enjoy a newspaper illustration that’s supposedly another artist’s rendition of this notable Winsted resident.

Napoleon Nelson posted:

I'm super disappointed that I grew up one town over and not only never saw a frog-headed person, but never even heard of them until today!

Thanks for this, very cool to read.

Hey there fellow Greater Danbury native! :hfive:

I also never got to hear about them at all while I was growing up in the area. I actually didn't learn about any of them until I was an adult and actively decided to look up info about Connecticut monsters and legends. I would really like for any of them to be more embraced by their respective locales. Name a school team after the Glawackus. Set up a kitschy statue of the Black Dog somewhere in Meriden. They’re our oddities, so let’s be proud of them, dammit.

And although it’s not Connecticut-specific (though we have our own particular local instances of note) along similar lines I’d like to see a little more recognition of the New England Vampire Panic. Considering how much the Salem area leans whole-hog into everything witch related, I honestly find it a little odd how I didn’t learn about the “vampires” that were a part of regional history until I happened to listen to an episode on it from the Dollop podcast just a few years ago. If kid-me got a chance to learn about 19th century New Englanders who exhumed dead relatives to remove and burn their hearts to stop them from feeding upon the life force of surviving family members, I would have been unsettled and also would have thought that was loving awesome.

IBroughttheFunk has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Dec 2, 2021

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

nonathlon posted:

That is weird. Most of the sightings are of their time - wooden craft with rudders, mad inventors, talk of the enemies and concerns of the day - but there's that small number that could come from a century later, with metallic spaceships and aliens. It demands explanation but what kind of explanation, I'm not sure.
I looked it up to see how influenced by War of the Worlds they might be, and the first Martian ones actually do predate the publication The War of the Worlds by a few years. Not to mention that I imagine it probably took an extra few years for general knowledge of that book to make it to the west coast of America at the time.

But they are right around the height of the Martian canal craze, so I imagine that's where the Martian stuff is coming from. This was when the general public believed "proof" of advanced life on Mars had just been discovered.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Glad to hear that this guy is your jam. Please enjoy a newspaper illustration that’s supposedly another artist’s rendition of this notable Winsted resident.

I love how the wild man looks just as panicked to be there as everyone else is to see him, and that he appears to be wearing hats on his feet as leg warmers.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I love how the wild man looks just as panicked to be there as everyone else is to see him, and that he appears to be wearing hats on his feet as leg warmers.

Those are spatterdashes (AKA spats). They're usually worn over your shoes & socks to protect them from mud & rain.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Even wildmen have some class.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I was at my uncle's place for the first time since the pandemic started, so I was finally able to snap a pic of this "bigfoot casting" he's had on his wall for like 30 years. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Caedus posted:

I was at my uncle's place for the first time since the pandemic started, so I was finally able to snap a pic of this "bigfoot casting" he's had on his wall for like 30 years. I thought you guys might get a kick out of it!

:eyepop:
Welp I'm convinced, pack it in everyone

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Caedus posted:

I gotta say this raises some good points.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Caedus posted:

Bigfoot and yeti love the snow.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Bigfoot and yeti love the snow.

I seem to remember a Spider-Man short on The Electric Company about a million years ago in which he caught a yeti that was loose in town by lining up a series of ice cream cones on the sidewalk. Because the yeti was used to walking on snow, he dutifully stomped on the trail of cones right into the trap.

So that is canon :proof:

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

I seem to remember a Spider-Man short on The Electric Company about a million years ago in which he caught a yeti that was loose in town by lining up a series of ice cream cones on the sidewalk. Because the yeti was used to walking on snow, he dutifully stomped on the trail of cones right into the trap.

So that is canon :proof:

I was so intrigued by this description that I had to look it up, and was not disappointed in the slightest.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Those are spatterdashes (AKA spats). They're usually worn over your shoes & socks to protect them from mud & rain.

Scrooge McDuck wears spats but no shoes

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Travel Channel/Discovery+ have a new 'hunting bigfoot' reality show called ALASKAN KILLER BIGFOOT where a bunch of people go investigate the ghost town of Portlock which was abandoned in the 1940s after a long string of murders and unexplained deaths which were blamed on a Bigfoot-like monster. There's already two episodes out.

https://twitter.com/travelchannel/status/1468294237321977856

It's loving trash. :v: The four main guys can't act for poo poo so it's always super obvious when the producers tell them to discuss a specific topic or react to something, and the fake drama is really poured on thick. "The town is dying, it's super crucial that we reclaim this land so we can expand the town!!!" "The elders warned us to never ever go in the woods but because of [reasons] now we have to go into the woods!!!" "Oh no we have to go back into the woods again!"
They also do all the usual poo poo like film them from behind trees (as if from the Bigfoot's POV) and overlay that with spooky music and growling sounds ooohhhhh spooky. They also end each episode with a scary cliffhanger where the gang are yelling "OMG IT'S RIGHT THERE! I CAN SEE IT! IT COMING FOR US!" which always ends up being nothing at all.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I was so intrigued by this description that I had to look it up, and was not disappointed in the slightest.

Featuring Morgan Freeman as the cop. :eyepop:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm just imagining a shady Bigfoot in a porkpie hat holding up a .38 revolver, and I know the show can never live up to that

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
It’s a bit slow here at work, and so I decided to do a little research + write-up on cryptids supposedly lurking about in the other New England states beyond Connecticut. I’d say that I hope you enjoy learning about them, but I personally find one of these to be most un-enjoyable.

Dover Demon

If you are reading this thread, this is probably a pretty familiar face. However, just in case it’s not - on April 21, 1977, several friends were driving around the small town of Dover, Massachusetts. While going down Farm Street, they supposedly spotted a large headed, spindly-limbed, tendril-fingered creature climbing over a broken stone wall near the road. The creature briefly froze in the headlights before running off. It was spotted again later that evening near a tree, and once more the next night. In several places I’ve read of people theorizing that it was a baby moose or a foal, which makes sense as both are known for climbing and for their distinct long fingers.

Gloucester Ghoul

Albert Hicks was one of the last men in the United States to be tried and executed for piracy. In his confession, he reports an incident that occurred one dark night in 1839. He and three friends were digging around a farm in Gloucester, RI, following a rumor that Captain Kidd’s treasure had been buried there. While digging, they heard a sound of something approaching. According to his written description:

“… a large animal, with staring eyes as big as pewter bowls. The eyes looked like balls of fire. When it breathed as it went by, flames came out of its mouth and nostrils, scorching the brush in its path. It was a big as a cow with dark wings on each side like a bat’s. It had spiral horns like a ram’s, as big around as a stovepipe. Its feet were formed like a duck’s and measured a foot and a half across. The body was covered with scales as big as clamshells, which made a rattling noise as the beast moved along. The scales flopped up and down. The thing had lights on its sides like those shining through a tin lantern. Before I saw it I felt its presence and I smelled something that was like burnt wool as it went by. I had a feeling of suffocation when it came near me. The monster seemed to come from nowhere and to go away in the same manner.”

After it vanished, they proceeded to get the hell out of there. The creature was claimed to be spotted once again in 1896.

Gloucester Sea Serpent (and friends!)

This enormous serpent was supposedly repeatedly spotted off the coast of the fishing town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, with an abundance of sightings happening in 1817. So many people claimed to have seen it that the Linnean Society of New England, a private group in Boston organized to promote natural science, sent members to investigate. They dissected and analyzed a snake with humps that locals found and claimed was the offspring of the serpent. The Linnean Society proclaimed it to be a new species that they named Scoliophis Atlanticus. Experts who read the society’s report proclaimed, “actually, it is probably an Eastern racer snake with tumors.”

A drawing of Scoliophis Atlanticus

What Scoliophis Atlanticus actually was

The Gloucester Sea Serpent is just one of several water-based monsters living in the region. There is also the Casco Bay Sea Serpent, which has been sighted occasionally around Portland and Penobscot, Maine since 1779, and goes by the nickname “Cassie.”

And of course there’s Champ, who supposedly lives in Lake Champlain (sandwiched between Vermont and New York).

The most famous photo of Champ, taken in 1979.

He also is the mascot of Vermont’s minor league baseball team!

:3:

Specter Moose

The Specter Moose is a gigantic , ghostly white moose that is claimed to have been spotted repeatedly in the wilds of Maine, and is supposedly 10-15 feet tall, with an antler span of 10-12 feet (in comparison to the average 6-ft height and 6-ft antler span of regular moose). It’s highly likely that the people who’ve seen it just saw a regular albino moose and are very, very, very bad at estimating sizes.

Wood Devils

Basically a New England regional variation of Sasquatch/Bigfoot, these are supposed to be tall, skinny and grey-haired humanoids who have been occasionally glimpsed in Coos County ,New Hampshire (the northernmost and least populous county of the state) since the 19th century but were seen in sizable abundance in the 1970s. On a similar note, Bigfoot-like creatures have supposedly been spotted in rural areas of Rhode Island and the Berkshires of Massachusetts.

Also, according to this drawing that kept popping up in various pages detailing these creatures, they are apparently creepy-faced assholes who I now hate.

IBroughttheFunk has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Dec 9, 2021

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Travel Channel/Discovery+ have a new 'hunting bigfoot' reality show called ALASKAN KILLER BIGFOOT where a bunch of people go investigate the ghost town of Portlock which was abandoned in the 1940s after a long string of murders and unexplained deaths which were blamed on a Bigfoot-like monster. There's already two episodes out.

It's loving trash. :v: The four main guys can't act for poo poo so it's always super obvious when the producers tell them to discuss a specific topic or react to something, and the fake drama is really poured on thick. "The town is dying, it's super crucial that we reclaim this land so we can expand the town!!!" "The elders warned us to never ever go in the woods but because of [reasons] now we have to go into the woods!!!" "Oh no we have to go back into the woods again!"
They also do all the usual poo poo like film them from behind trees (as if from the Bigfoot's POV) and overlay that with spooky music and growling sounds ooohhhhh spoo ky. They also end each episode with a scary cliffhanger where the gang are yelling "OMG IT'S RIGHT THERE! I CAN SEE IT! IT COMING FOR US!" which always ends up being nothing at all.

Featuring Morgan Freeman as the cop. :eyepop:

I love me some trash tv. After Mountain Monsters ended me and the roomie needed some more shows to watch.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm the least violent person ever and even I want to punch that smarmy rear end in a top hat

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They also do all the usual poo poo like film them from behind trees (as if from the Bigfoot's POV) and overlay that with spooky music and growling sounds ooohhhhh spooky. They also end each episode with a scary cliffhanger where the gang are yelling "OMG IT'S RIGHT THERE! I CAN SEE IT! IT COMING FOR US!" which always ends up being nothing at all.

I’m watching the first ep right now, and this is gubbins of the highest order, by which I mean it’s great. I got so mad when they’d lost the tent pin. I said out loud ‘go get a nail from the shack and bend it’. But no, spend a Blair Witch-filled night in the shack with tarps over the doors held in place by, uh, nails, and then the next day you suddenly go ‘oh get a nail, and we’ll use that as a pin’. :mad:

These guys are absolutely just huffing their own farts and freaking themselves out over nothing.

“This could be a nantinaq tactic!”

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
'Missing in Alaska' is another show in the same vein that I missed originally because of the name. Most of the episodes seem to be uploaded to Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGNg7HIyqA

ATTACK OF THE WEREOTTER gotta love it :allears:

The_Doctor posted:

I’m watching the first ep right now, and this is gubbins of the highest order, by which I mean it’s great. I got so mad when they’d lost the tent pin. I said out loud ‘go get a nail from the shack and bend it’. But no, spend a Blair Witch-filled night in the shack with tarps over the doors held in place by, uh, nails, and then the next day you suddenly go ‘oh get a nail, and we’ll use that as a pin’. :mad:

And then the next day they're looking over a map on a table that the production crew obviously built from logs they found on site and screwed together using the hardware supplies they obviously brought with them, so they had a supply of nails and screws already. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Dec 10, 2021

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Is this This Man's fursona?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I do not like the way that dude is looking at me, drat

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The rarest of Pepes.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
A lovely old book about weird stuff falling from the sky:
https://publicdomainreview.org/collection/odd-showers

quote:

George Duncan Gibb (1821–1876) begins his Odd Showers on horseback, outside the city of Montreal, loping along a road littered with frogs. Given the newly damp ground and absence of local waterways, he comes to the only logical conclusion: these amphibians fell from the sky. After pocketing a few specimens in his handkerchief, the author rides back to the city, and forgets about his slimy stowaways. The scene turns predictably comical. While Gibb takes tea with fine company in his relative’s drawing room, “which included several ladies”, his specimens free themselves and make for the crumpets.

I recommend reading the poem at the end of the book. One verse:

quote:

To such concerning frogs we don’t give ear,
Though well described by Pliny;
Their reality though never proved, some aver,
Whom the learned look upon as silly.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I remember reading that the Norse called earthworms "niðurrigningar" or downrainers because they appeared in great numbers after the rain so obviously they must've fallen from the sky with the rain.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

'Missing in Alaska' is another show in the same vein that I missed originally because of the name. Most of the episodes seem to be uploaded to Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGNg7HIyqA

ATTACK OF THE WEREOTTER gotta love it :allears:

And then the next day they're looking over a map on a table that the production crew obviously built from logs they found on site and screwed together using the hardware supplies they obviously brought with them, so they had a supply of nails and screws already. :v:

Ha, yeah, I noticed they'd suddenly got this very professional, but still trying to look mildly rustic table from nowhere. I suspect they'll have a full Curse of Oak Island-style portacabin 'basecamp' on site by the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

When we were young, my sister and I found this book in our parents' bedroom.

I still don't know why they had it. Didn't seem like the thing they'd ever read, but the book had everything. The Battle of LA, the green children, big foot sightings, ball lightning, the exorcism of Anneliese Michel, conspiracy theories, you know, things kids shouldn't be reading up on :v:, and I just ate that poo poo up even though reading it freaked me out a lot of the time. Wish I still had the copy. It'd be interesting to look back at all of it.