Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS ANDRADE 67 57.76%
STAT VS RUBY 22 18.97%
STING AND DARBY VS THE GUNNS 2 1.72%
PUNK VS LEE 8 6.90%
DANIELSON VS 5 9 7.76%
WARDLOW 8 6.90%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Fite playback has been fixed, at least for me.

Hope so, because I missed out on the shovel and the table. gently caress's sake.

Looks like I've got a long day ahead - work, observation, dinner and No Time To Die with a friend because the cinemas are re-opened after 2+ months, then the Cody v. Andrade match when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Audio issues are probably aew's biggest flaw. It sounded like the crowd wasnt even there at times. I saw clips on social media and the crowd seemed loud enough

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

Controversial take incoming (probably):

The white shirt/black pants combo was a better look for Andrade than the pinstripe pants.

If this is wrong then I don't wanna be right. He looked like he'd just stepped out of threatening politicians for extortion money

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Duke Pukem posted:

Audio issues are probably aew's biggest flaw. It sounded like the crowd wasnt even there at times. I saw clips on social media and the crowd seemed loud enough

The Lio promo was so bad with headphones. It sounded like a prerecord where they’d forgotten to add crowd noise. So weird.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
thinking again about how cody rhodes is the greatest wrestler alive

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Triple h: gets frostburn on his nipple during wrestlemania entrance, blames it for his bad match

Cody Rhodes: practices a flaming table bump enough his skin is visibly peeling, works a spot where he's thrown into garbage to hide the skin peeling, does the flaming table spot on free tv, counts pin while on fire

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pamela Springstein posted:

Triple h: dies

Cody Rhodes: practices a flaming table bump enough his skin is visibly peeling, works a spot where he's thrown into garbage to hide the skin peeling, does the flaming table spot on free tv, counts pin while on fire

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

cody the GOAT

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Shinjobi posted:

I'm going to try to thread a very odd needle here.

I love the Codyverse. The Codyverse is often dumb. It often takes stories in weird and bad directions. Somehow I still want to see more.

Losing Cody Rhodes may be the biggest mistake the WWE has ever made. Not just because of the birth of AEW, but also because he can weave stupid poo poo into gold. They NEED guys like Cody who can do that, now more than ever.

I say all of this as a compliment to Cody, I swear.

Cody, Mox, and Jericho were three guys who could make even the dumbest WWE poo poo enjoyable because they threw themselves 100% into it. The problem is WWE then forced them to constantly have goofy poo poo to get over. People are into Cody wearing a protective mask? Okay, let's have him dress up in a full bodysuit and paint his face. People are still kind of into it? Okay, he's an alien or something maybe? And he loses all the time, that's the important part.

Now he can just go buck wild with insane stuff while still having good matches. Not all of it hits for me, and when he misses he completely whiffs it, but the good stuff is really good.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

john silvers mic was exceptionally loud last night

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

Cody, Mox, and Jericho were three guys who could make even the dumbest WWE poo poo enjoyable because they threw themselves 100% into it.

Christian too. I still laugh my rear end off, so to speak, at rear end CREAM at least weekly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's no coincidence that Miro's anti-god stance started around the time that SMTV came out.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgrNlN4yQE

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I want a wrestler inspired by Survival Arts, Kasumi Ninja, Way of the Warrior, Battle Monsters, Fighter's History, Tuff E Nuff, Doomsday Warrior, Rise of the Robots, etc

A wrestler whose parents only rented him or her the worst fighting games in existence. A wrestler driven by rage with a completely unbalanced fighting style who traps his opponents in infinite combos.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That's pretty much Kenny Omega once he gets going with the V Trigger spam

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Should MJF win that battle royale coming up?

Honestly, I'm hoping this feud with Punk leads to some progression in the character (I'm hoping it goes in this direction, since he's been the same old MJF treading water forever, and has been called out as such), and I'd like to see it involve him having his crutches taken away from him. First, he loses the Dynamite Diamond Ring, and perhaps manages to cause Wardlow's elimination (I'm assuming he's in the match as well), which causes a fissure in the Pinnacle.

gently caress, just go whole hog and do a deconstruction of the character, and really drill down to the core of what makes him such a loving prick. End it with him weeping about how much he hates his family.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody isn’t mocking HHH anymore, he’s mocking the freak AEW fans who claim he buries people like HHH or that he’s AEW’s version when he’s actually their Cena i.e.

Always good, heart of the company, only disliked by manchildren

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I want them to stop spinning the wheels on the Wardster. Big Poppa Ward

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody isn’t mocking HHH anymore, he’s mocking the freak AEW fans who claim he buries people like HHH or that he’s AEW’s version when he’s actually their Cena i.e.

Why not both?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Cody is actually mocking time, and all of the other man made concepts that tether us to a false reality.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If yall don't go check out the bad takes thread you should. The biggest pearl clutching response to the table spot is in there and I honestly can't tell if it's parody or not.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dante should win the diamond ring after turning on Team Taz, reuniting with Lio to clean house, and then eliminating MJF at the end.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I want them to stop spinning the wheels on the Wardster. Big Poppa Ward

I guess they're holding off on it for now since that seems to be what they're doing with Jamie Hayter at the moment, and I'm assuming will pay off whenever it is that they do the Rosa v. Britt match for the Women's Title.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Miro cut a promo in Janet's void from the Good Place and his next match will be against an overly excited Jason Mantzoukas.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he was clearly in the Matrix after being Tony-pilled , they’re doing a cross-promo with WB

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
They should give Wardlow more matches.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Dante should win the diamond ring after turning on Team Taz, reuniting with Lio to clean house, and then eliminating MJF at the end.

Put it on Eddie Kingston. The guy deserves some sort of accolade in AEW.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shinjobi posted:

I'm going to try to thread a very odd needle here.

I love the Codyverse. The Codyverse is often dumb. It often takes stories in weird and bad directions. Somehow I still want to see more.

Losing Cody Rhodes may be the biggest mistake the WWE has ever made. Not just because of the birth of AEW, but also because he can weave stupid poo poo into gold. They NEED guys like Cody who can do that, now more than ever.

I say all of this as a compliment to Cody, I swear.

The Codyverse is pure shlock, it's trash fiction, and he's like the Stephen King of it tbqh

keep on keepin on codemeister

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

smarxist posted:

The Codyverse is pure shlock, it's trash fiction, and he's like the Stephen King of it tbqh

both are fueled by massive piles of cocaine?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

edogawa rando posted:

Put it on Eddie Kingston. The guy deserves some sort of accolade in AEW.

Eddie Kingston would look good with a huge diamond ring. It would pair well with his giant Joker pendent.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr. Squishy posted:

Eddie Kingston would look good with a huge diamond ring. It would pair well with his giant Joker pendent.

He can go back to having the "King of Diamonds" nickname.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure Eddie would throw the ring in the trash cause he doesn't care about meaningless accolades

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I'm pretty sure Eddie would throw the ring in the trash cause he doesn't care about meaningless accolades

Eddie would win it to stop MJF having it. And now I want that story.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

I think he'd sell it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Eddie would win it to stop MJF having it. And now I want that story.

And you'll get it but it'll be about the AEW title :colbert:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

My fantasy booking is that if Eddie holds any title in AEW it'll be the FTW. I can't think of a better fit for him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bryandanielson/status/1466499794898092035

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I like Wardlow's powerbomb spots. Crowd will go crazy when he dishes them out to MJF.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wangman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Can’t unsee it