Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Zodium posted:

this isnt news to people who read theory, or anything, lmao. yeah no poo poo we're all working on finite timelines here, that's why you want to read as much theory as you need to do your thing so you dont waste that time reinventing the wheel. this doesn't have to be saving the world stuff, it can just be understanding what's happening stuff.

do what thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Rime posted:

It's equal parts more depressing and infuriating than the actual poo poo which is going down, in some ways, knowing that the bulk of society will piss and moan about the imminent lack of tendies and weed - right up until the day they're unceremoniously dumped in a mass grave.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1466425702543151107

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

T-Paine posted:

I get a real joy out of being informed and knowing the truth of things, even if it's dire. I've never understood voluntary ignorance

:same:

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Tabletops posted:

do what thing
petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

T-Paine posted:

I get a real joy out of being informed and knowing the truth of things, even if it's dire. I've never understood voluntary ignorance

It's kind of like voluntary inaction but with knowledge.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

now what

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

petit choux posted:

voluntary inaction

an odd term. everything that lives acts.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Wakko posted:

an odd term. everything that lives acts.

Interesting

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Itd be bad rear end if Jesus came back and punished the poo poo out of the wicked

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Jesus would just kind of slump down and say "really guys?" then disappear again

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tabletops posted:

do what thing

surprisingly, it doesnt really matter.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

jesus would immediately be put into an ICE concentration camp

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Hawaii under blizzard warning as 12 inches of snow and winds up to 100 mph expected

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Egg Moron posted:

Itd be bad rear end if Jesus came back and punished the poo poo out of the wicked

Jesus isn’t real idiot

worth noting that blizzard conditions are specifically at the summits of the two 13,000 foot tall mountains

Tabletops has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Dec 3, 2021

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

it's december in minnesota and I've been doing yard work because it is insensibly not ankle deep snow yet, somehow.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Tabletops posted:

worth noting that blizzard conditions are specifically at the summits of the two 13,000 foot tall mountains

well, that's boring

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Thanks to whoever posted about that daylight drive solar stuff. I have been reading up on it and. Meeting with a neighbor tonight to discuss deploying a DC direct drive setup in a shared workspace we have.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Egg Moron posted:

Internet Jesus is coming

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/2Xj5xL1.mp4

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

ok so Colorado will be a desert in about 20 years. cool

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

well, that's boring

poo poo I got all excited and everything.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

lot sooner than that if the Colorado river dries up

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

splifyphus posted:

there is no outside of politics.

there is not, and has never been any such thing as a human. it's an empty, obfuscatory liberal abstraction. there is no loving neutral. y'all have some serious deprogramming to do.

you are thinking as if the world, as it is now, has a future. it does not. 'what else can you do' you start blowing up cars and killing the people who drive them. it's all going away anyways.

you have no obligation to the system that has murdered virtually every known life form in the universe. stop identifying with it and be free.

emotional fetishization is a mistake. stop feeling, start thinking.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Another cspam success story

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
splifyphus was banned for our sins

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I didn't even think it was *possible* to get probed in this thread outside of the usual types of posts that warrant it. I just thought it was someplace Rime could post without getting insta-ed.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Pouring one out for spliphysus, flew to close to the sun. Baked but not forgotten.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Raine posted:

jesus would immediately be put into an ICE concentration camp

They might be there right now, how would we know?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I just thought to make this

We might be a bit lot further along to be honest

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

starkebn posted:

I just thought to make this

We might be a bit lot further along to be honest

that’s the euthanasia rolller coaster isn’t it?

lol. lmao.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I didn't even think it was *possible* to get probed in this thread outside of the usual types of posts that warrant it. I just thought it was someplace Rime could post without getting insta-ed.

for the record, only thing objectionable in that post was "you start blowing up cars and killing the people who drive them", but that's a doozy

no one's telling you not to be really down on the state of the world and super depressed. world's a hosed up place. i don't personally think it's healthy, but that's not any of my business.

but talking about indiscriminate killing because lol nothing matters, that's always gonna earn some time off and possibly a ban depending on context

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

spliphysus had it wrong anyway. why off nobodies instead of the oil tycoons, coal magnates, big pharma ghouls, tech goblins, billionaires etc? philosophically i mean?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Azathoth posted:

for the record, only thing objectionable in that post was "you start blowing up cars and killing the people who drive them", but that's a doozy

no one's telling you not to be really down on the state of the world and super depressed. world's a hosed up place. i don't personally think it's healthy, but that's not any of my business.

but talking about indiscriminate killing because lol nothing matters, that's always gonna earn some time off and possibly a ban depending on context

I warned errybody in the OP not to post like this, but do they learn from history not to post dumb emotional poo poo? No. Evidently no. :colbert:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Against your wishes, I'm gonna try. Carlin died right around the time that New Atheists had their heyday and some fairly decent prominence. And he died before Twitter. He would've been insufferable in the New Atheist style and you'd be considering him something akin to Bill Maher by now, sorry to say.

Do you ever do anything but moan about "the atheists"? Sorry your religious feelings were hurt.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Name one thing the mountain west ever did for me

You can't

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

I posted at length in the previous thread when I was at Mesa Verde, and the extent to which understanding what happened there and that it was happening again cracked my brain, back in June.

LOL'in at everyone in the four corners region, for sure.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Water and food are overrated anyway.

I watched Snowpiercer the other day and I believe that’s how climate change is going to play out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

please chalk my skies mr gates.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

lmao if this is what finally sets off the country to panic about climate change because no ski trips

Actually it won't because right-wing media will say 'We're coming out of an ice age of thousands of years ago so that's how it is'

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

DesertIslandHermit posted:

lmao if this is what finally sets off the country to panic about climate change because no ski trips

Actually it won't because right-wing media will say 'We're coming out of an ice age of thousands of years ago so that's how it is'

still snow in Switzerland peasant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

splifyphus posted:

'what else can you do' you start blowing up cars and killing the people who drive them. it's all going away anyways.