Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also find it suspect they asked you in masonry instead of posting here lol

yeah this is more telling than him doing the opposite of what you said

##vote postmodifier

also i wanted to talk about these results because you have now added to the ia stuff but we all seem content to leave it there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Just remember if I get night killed tonight that my cop result on beet was "Not Town"

In case I flip as the sane cop.

ahh okay and IA had town.

hmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i have to say, whatever happens next, that whole thing was an amazing read on catchup.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so who else with post modifer you reckon?

people sleeping may not have had a chance to swap votes naturally during that happening so maybe scum stuck on other people.

so that's out of toalpaz, hal, plastic and maerlyn

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I could see maerlyn or Plastic but not both.

Or Hal. Maybe you beet.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Light suspicion of Hal as possible scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I could see maerlyn or Plastic but not both.

Or Hal. Maybe you beet.

oh yeah, basically this.

maybe add toal to my list.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m cooling on a Maerlyn. What they said earlier about plastic and toal made me wonder if that was actually an attempt at distancing.

Plastics casing toal in addition to maerlyn, toal is just tunnelling.

I’d think maybe one of plastic or toal over maerlyn now, and maybe hal.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And tonight I’m going to flavour town because i couldn’t go last night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

it's settled

we kill hal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

And tonight I’m going to flavour town because i couldn’t go last night.

Maccas is not flavor town

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm also catching up, very interesting reveal on the masonry. I had good feelings about Meen anyway but his explanations sounded truthful, I noticed postmod was the one to put "confirmed", plus border chat seems to have been the nail in the coffin. Kinda sad because I enjoyed postmod's turns of phrase (if it was the same way in the mason doc that'll be a fun read later, I know how verbose Meen can be).

Consider my vote for postmod too but that would be hammer.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It would be real loving funny if we turbo ended the day though and Postmodifier got mod killed before that case could happen.

Toalpaz posted:

At this point hopefully we get a mod action on post-modifier. I feel okay with beet and IA too. I feel like the highest info best lunch is already on the table and people are passively defending it, because they can't actively defend it.

Could be both Plastic and Toal, not using these quotes as "proof" since postmod is unflipped, but seems odd to want a modkill instead of just hoping the person starts participating.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thats a good point. Scum frustrated by an absent team mate as opposed to a town not wanting to lose more numbers?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Maerlyn posted:

Could be both Plastic and Toal, not using these quotes as "proof" since postmod is unflipped, but seems odd to want a modkill instead of just hoping the person starts participating.

I find Toal's more damning than Plastic's.

I made a similar comment, does that make me scum?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Mr. Humalong posted:

I find Toal's more damning than Plastic's.

I made a similar comment, does that make me scum?

I don't think your post (if I looked at the right one) was even close to suggesting to just let the mod sort it out, you also expressed suspicions of postmod on D1 (normal reads/comments). If you had said nothing or very little and then suddenly seemed concerned with their removal from the game it might be a different story.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

it's settled

we kill hal

You’ll regret that!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also this was all hilarious to wake up to

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My pm says my alignment which seems weird now!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Should I just end this day?

Sandwolf posted:

Oh right, back to business, that sucks postmodifier :/ rolling scum after a long break is a bum bum

##vote postmodifier

Well rolling scum was alright, getting burned by something so banal definitely sucks though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If I’m postmod though I come in and swear I have blue-green colorblindness

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can’t stop chuckling about “well it doesn’t actually say confirmed” though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

ahh okay and IA had town.

hmmm

Is this making you reconsider your position on yourself?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

On a personal note both the bagels and English muffins are horribly stale at this hotel and it’s ruined my morning

Do British people call them English Muffins?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Seems pretty open and shut scummy, lmfao. The confirmed town nonsense was just scum playing catch-up. I think they should have hammered Mae, if they wanted to play good. ##vote post modifier

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Hal Insandenza posted:

On a personal note both the bagels and English muffins are horribly stale at this hotel and it’s ruined my morning

Do British people call them English Muffins?

Apparently they're just muffins or American muffins (thanks Google)

Also :redhammer:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It was near the end of the day and there had been a great deal of discussion surrounding the three deaths in the house. Food had been eaten, alcohol had been drunk. One of their number had, in the middle of it all, opted to go take a nap. For some reason, the made the others extremely suspicious.

As soon as they emerged, they were grabbed and dragged to the main room where they were interrogated.

They looked in shock even as the one person they thought would believe them turned on them.

Cuffs were produced.

But they struggled. They fought.

They fell.

A sharp crack nearly everyone in the room had heard before.

The sound of a head hitting stone.

More eyes darkened to life. Another body to add to the others.

Was this one a mistake?

:rip:postmodifer, Detective Rico Tubbs(Town-Aligned Vanilla/Mason) was killed by mob rule Day 2:rip:

quote:

You are Ricardo "Rico" Tubbs, former NYPD sergeant and former Detective Sergeant of the Miami-Dade Police Department's Vice Squad. You are known for having a cool head in tense situations as well as your ability to blend in with a less-than-savory crowd. Unlike your hetero life-mate James "Sonny" Crockett, you don't feel the need to be flashy and prefer to be sensible in all things. You both have received an invitation to a mansion in the middle of nowhere in order to attend a convention of internationally famous detectives. You feel as though you are finally going to get the recognition you deserve.

-------

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

postmodifier (6): Ignatius M. Meen, Mr. Humalong, spacing in vienna, Sandwolf, hambeet, Toalpaz
PlasticAutomaton (1): Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Toalpaz (1): Idle Amalgam
Sandwolf (1): Hal Insandenza
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, PlasticAutomaton, hambeet, Sandwolf, hambeet, Toalpaz
spacing in vienna (1): Ignatius M. Meen, postmodifier, Ignatius M. Meen
hambeet (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Idle Amalgam (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 07th, 2021 at 11 p.m. CST -- that's in about 14 hours, 10 minutes.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The next day, the remaining detective immediately checked on each other. The possibility of another body was just too great.

And indeed, the a body did turn up as was suspected. The face and body so battered and mashed that any identification was impossible. The murder weapon, a heavy bronze bust of William Shakespeare, lays nearby,

:rip: Idle Amalgam, ??? (???) was beaten to death Night 2:rip:

-------

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): Hal Insandenza, hambeet, Ignatius M. Meen, Maerlyn, Mr. Humalong, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, spacing in vienna, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 10th, 2021 at 6:05 p.m. CST -- that's in about 3 days.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lmao at meen and ia getting janitored.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So uh, meen.

You want to explain?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

##vote: Meen

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Meen????????????? MEEeeen? That was pretty hosed up. I pretty much expect him to come to thread and said he lied because he thought post modifier was scum. (I think this is scummy, because he was also willing to buddy up and take a confirmed town claim). Still willing to do mae.

I don't have anything to report from last night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Meen????????????? MEEeeen? That was pretty hosed up. I pretty much expect him to come to thread and said he lied because he thought post modifier was scum. (I think this is scummy, because he was also willing to buddy up and take a confirmed town claim). Still willing to do mae.

I don't have anything to report from last night.

This is almost definitely what he did.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I got a one shot track last night and wasted it on someone who went nowhere.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Mr. Humalong posted:

So uh, meen.

You want to explain?

:negative:

the comment was literally "Honestly you're not blue? I'll front it but we need to be the same or I'm gonna flip"

how the gently caress else do you read that other than claiming blue as the outline color and trying to argue to con the thread?

they vanished after I snarked at them for not catching that I wasn't talking about my portrait color

that's all I got for explanation

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Postmod disappeared from the thread and even said they were leaving (for 20 but it ended up being longer).

We only have meen's word that it was postmod who insisted on saying they were confirmed.

Also why was the n2 kill janitored but not n1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

Postmod disappeared from the thread and even said they were leaving (for 20 but it ended up being longer).

We only have meen's word that it was postmod who insisted on saying they were confirmed.

Also why was the n2 kill janitored but not n1?

Could be lots of reasons for the janitor

Meen obviously looks bad but postmodifier had a lot of time to come back and never did