Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
In 2018, Jussie was apparently at a Barnes & Noble promoting his (then recently) published book "The Family Table: Recipes and Moments from a Nomadic Life". At the time, I was "cleaning shop" and selling a bunch of items back to the local Half Price Books, and figured it'd be a decent opportunity to enhance some of the remaining merchandise with celebrity autographs that Half Price could buy back at a premium. So I headed over with a "Mighty Ducks & D2: The Mighty Ducks" Duology DVD, a copy of Barack Obama's In His Own Words, and a F1 World Grand Prix N64 cartridge that I had almost thrown away because it was essentially worthless.

Jussie signed all of the things I brought, but for each item he said something vaguely cryptic like "They're gonna elect me king one day" (to Obama's book) and "They put ghosts in these things; that's how they work" (to the N64 cartridge). But when it came to the DVD, Jussie studied the Emilio Estevez on the cover for a few seconds before saying something like "I never even met that motherfucker." I asked him how it was possible to star in the movie and never cross paths with the lead actor, and he said that they used a stunt double for Estevez for the entire movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

You can get this cookbook for a very competitive price and people seem to really like it. Perhaps I’ll buy it to support his defense and future hoax projects

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

Oh, Tupac is definitely dead. He had that heart attack back in 2018 and never fully recovered, then he caught covid last year and that was that.

So who did Smellet jerk off with?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
OP: Who need they shunned jussie hate

Thread: omfg

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I hope Goldberg fires a knuckle puck into Jussies lil baby bird chest

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Things Heat Up on Set of White Hot Holiday Special

quote:

But on the set of Taraji's White Hot Holiday Special, co-stars Jussie Smollett and Terrence Howard allegedly got into a bare-knuckle brawl over "philosophical differences" that seemed oddly appropriate for the White Hot Holiday Special.

...Terrence Howard described himself as a "godly man" when recalling the interaction. "I believe in the one true god and that Satan worshippers are a real thing. I believe that [Smollett] is a devil worshipper."

For Howard, who is slated to play himself on the upcoming special, the themes of the Christmas holiday special shine an especially bright light on his co-stars alleged actions.

"I'm trying to spread the word and cheer of the lord and [Smollett's] over there pondering his evil device. This ridiculous crystal thing. I don't know if he's just joking or if he actually thinks he's a warlock, but it's a sin either way, the way I was raised, it's a sin to even joke about a sin. I'd keep telling him to knock that poo poo off and next thing I know, he's got it out again. Talking to it like he's having a conversation with Satan or something."

Finally, things came to a head when Howard reportedly "slapped" the crystal out of Smollett's hands; according to witnesses, the object was destroyed when it struck the ground, but Smollett was later seen with another one on set.

While charges were not pressed against either actor, they were instructed to keep their distance from one another. A spokesperson for Smollett said that the actor would try his best to respect the religious sentiments of his coworkers and use his crystal device less when on set.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 8, 2021

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol he really does have a jo crystal :monocle:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Poohs Packin posted:

I hope Goldberg fires a knuckle puck into Jussies lil baby bird chest

Whoopi?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmfao

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The GOALIE you fartknocker

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm back on the Jussi wagon after this

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is 'Crystal' a godly euphemism for a phone or are we talkin' a literal crystal?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

the photos in that article are loving wild

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pussie Smellyette.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

the photos in that article are loving wild

just when you thought you couldn't love jussie any more.......

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HE DID NEXT

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pondering his orb

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Juss and Terrence Howard is like some supercritical rear end in a top hat-egotism experiment.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Its incredibly, nay vitally important to remind everyone that Terence Howard does not believe 1x1=1. Not specifically a critique of his intellect, or necessarily supporting Jussie's JO crystal, but its more in that TH does not agree with conventional mathematics.

https://twitter.com/terrencehoward/status/925754491881877507?lang=en

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Vampire Panties posted:

Its incredibly, nay vitally important to remind everyone that Terence Howard does not believe 1x1=1. Not specifically a critique of his intellect, or necessarily supporting Jussie's JO crystal, but its more in that TH does not agree with conventional mathematics.

It's funny reading this. I'm not great at math but even with my limited understanding of algebra I can immediately see his flawed understanding right on the first page. I wonder if it's an intentional thing.

Edit: upon forcing myself to read it through I'm fairly certain it must be a joke. He basically states that 1+x==1*x but fails to explain situations like 2*5, is that 7 or 10? does multiplication not exist?

Tarkus fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 8, 2021

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Terrence Howard's obsession with bizarre mathematics started after his interactions with Smollett circa 2014-15. It's a well known fact that "esoteric algebra" is traditionally considered a foil to Jussie Smollett's crystal indulgences. If Terrence can prove that 1+1 = (something other than 2), then he could rewrite the laws of geometry and prove that the crystal simply cannot be. This is all discussed in the bible and Terrence, as a child of God, almost has a moral imperative to do so.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Terrence Howard's obsession with bizarre mathematics started after his interactions with Smollett circa 2014-15. It's a well known fact that "esoteric algebra" is traditionally considered a foil to Jussie Smollett's crystal indulgences. If Terrence can prove that 1+1 = (something other than 2), then he could rewrite the laws of geometry and prove that the crystal simply cannot be. This is all discussed in the bible and Terrence, as a child of God, almost has a moral imperative to do so.

Any engineer could tell you that 1+1=3 for large values of 1.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

It almost feels like a pre-processor define where you would go #define 1* 1+ and it would work out only in that case

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Lmao

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

Smollett parts the beaded curtains that lead to the backroom of a gift shop in Sedona, Arizona. To ordinary eyes, this gift shop is like every other shop on the Red Rock Scenic Byway; within a quarter mile, there are seventeen stores selling various geodes and crystals, gemstones and raw precious metals--all with purported powers. Peridot to counter dread, Tiger's eye for anxiety, Jade to alleviate fears.

Smollett already knows that most of these are scams. For example, Hematite is always sold to cure anxiety; nobody realizes that the heavy and ponderous ore can, ironically, imbue its holder with speed and alacrity. Smollett would know: He ran his fastest 5K while his pockets were filled with pounds of the metallic stone.

But this particular gift shop is different: Smollett knows that, for a select clientele who have already proven themselves, this gift shop will sell precious minerals that are truly powerful.

In the back room, an ancient woman sits in the Holy Buddha Lotus position; her face is creased with deep wrinkles such that her expression is inscrutable. He visually scans her chakras. Her vestments--the deep maroon turtleneck, the crushed velvet blue blazer, the glasses hanging from a delicate chain around her neck, the turquoise jewelry--are those of a wise woman who practices The Way of Hoshen.

"I have travelled far in search of the crystals of Urim and Thummim." He produces his priestly breastplate and holds it up so that she might see, but her gaze does not shift from the floor. As he points to each of the 12 spaces on the vest, he says, "I have already acquired the Amethyst, the Carbuncle, the Malachite and Heliodor and Chrysolite and Carnelian. I risked much for the Jasper, and studied for years that I might answer the riddles true for the Lapis Lazuli. I paid dearly for the Yellow Serpentine. And now I seek the sacred Sardonyx, such that the Hoshen becomes whole."

The woman smiles almost imperceptibly and a second, younger woman in a Yavapai College sweater emerges from the front room with a large wicker bowl in her hands; in the bowl are dozens creamy red and brown gems. The color of Mars. The color of trillions of years of erosion that resulted in the exalted Grand Canyons and walls of Zion. The Sardonyx.

"They are twenty for each, or thirty-five for two," the wise woman warns.

Smollett knows that this is a test, and removes only one from the bowl. The woman sees this and nods sagely. A selfish man would take more than one--he would be unworthy of such power--but an enlightened seeker would suffice with a single stone.

--foreword to the "Chilis and Stews" section of The Family Table: Recipes and Moments from a Nomadic Life

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 8, 2021

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Vampire Panties posted:

I enjoyed reading this. That's some good math.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This is like some kind of wizard battle slash the worst kind of goon argument.

Also starting to see why this guy got recast in Iron Man 2.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

https://twitter.com/terrencehoward/status/926045333079117824

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

his grasp of math reminds me of the guy on the bodybuilding forum who couldn't understand the concept of every other day

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

is terence howard turning into 2010s era tila tequila

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/robbysoave/status/1468001022081654788?t=459F8A0dSl0EDelKIWMFFg&s=19

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He's on a similar wavelength to will smith's genius kids.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jaden Smith is fun but Terrence Howard is a narcissist who hates women.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

XOXO

Vampire Panties posted:

1 guy tuggin' by another guy tuggin' = 2 guys tuggin'. Math checks out.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hes a loving nutcase

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In 2018, Jussie was apparently at a Barnes & Noble promoting his (then recently) published book "The Family Table: Recipes and Moments from a Nomadic Life". At the time, I was "cleaning shop" and selling a bunch of items back to the local Half Price Books, and figured it'd be a decent opportunity to enhance some of the remaining merchandise with celebrity autographs that Half Price could buy back at a premium. So I headed over with a "Mighty Ducks & D2: The Mighty Ducks" Duology DVD, a copy of Barack Obama's In His Own Words, and a F1 World Grand Prix N64 cartridge that I had almost thrown away because it was essentially worthless.

Jussie signed all of the things I brought, but for each item he said something vaguely cryptic like "They're gonna elect me king one day" (to Obama's book) and "They put ghosts in these things; that's how they work" (to the N64 cartridge). But when it came to the DVD, Jussie studied the Emilio Estevez on the cover for a few seconds before saying something like "I never even met that motherfucker." I asked him how it was possible to star in the movie and never cross paths with the lead actor, and he said that they used a stunt double for Estevez for the entire movie.

lol is this true

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

go out and buy 4 eggs please

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He's on a similar wavelength to will smith's genius kids.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hasn't Jaden Smith sued for emancipation? Right after After Earth?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lmao hes a real weird guy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Smollett committed no crime.

Oh WOW there's video of him doing choreography with his trainers? And... Walking around? Must be casing a place! What loving decisive evidence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they knew where to find me because they told me to go to the store for 4 eggs