Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Motherfucker can dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Killing routing units is something that fits Slaanesh well.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
N'kari's shoulder flex.

:heysexy:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Killing routing units is something that fits Slaanesh well.

Gonna suck hard against undead, though, and aren't a bunch of the new demons also rout-proof? Or maybe they'll just extend it to a bonus for killing crumbling units as well.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

William Bear posted:

Good old Slaanesh. When I think of animals synonymous with hedonism and debauchery, I think of anteaters and crabs.

Androgynous devils with crab claws is a storied tradition, from Slaanesh's demons to HIM from Powerpuff Girls. Which is only two data points now that I think of it, but still more than one might expect.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
The sexy crab claw aesthetic really doesn’t work for me

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Part of Slaanesh's purview is the pursuit of perfection.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Noir89 posted:

I was kinda meh to it first but N'kari is kinda growing on me now, and everything else just looks amazing.

Please consult a doctor if anything is growing on you after an encounter with slaaneshi demons.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lawdog69 posted:

You say that now

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imagine seeing the Chaos trailers for everyone but Khorne and still wanting to be the boring rear end humans.

Laughing my rear end off at this post because I'm simply remembering the years of random people speculating about how TWW3 was going to be boring because Chaos is boring and it's going to be all Chaos.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I just want to shoot demons with guns.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
sure but there's tons of games where you shoot demons. I want to be the demons doing the killing. none of this build / upgrade cities poo poo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lawdog69 posted:

Clearly you're not a New Englander.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do you think those crab claws taste good? I bet they're delicious

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

gently caress, there's a slaaneshi cult in the thread

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Slaneesh offers many temptations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

True pleasure is eating your own crab arms and then regrowing them to repeat the process

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

look, i don't mean to be captain obvious here, but uh, post/avatar combo

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Muscle Tracer posted:

look, i don't mean to be captain obvious here, but uh, post/avatar combo
I'm loving it.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

True pleasure is eating your own crab arms and then regrowing them to repeat the process

Slaaneshi veganism hits different

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

sure but there's tons of games where you shoot demons. I want to be the demons doing the killing. none of this build / upgrade cities poo poo

No games let you defend your town from demons anymore. And even less have actual good gameplay. Total War has a niche for sure.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Kanos posted:

Laughing my rear end off at this post because I'm simply remembering the years of random people speculating about how TWW3 was going to be boring because Chaos is boring and it's going to be all Chaos.

The only representation Chaos had in the game up until now was the Warriors of Chaos, so I really can't blame people for feeling this way. I still want them to erase most of that lovely faction.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

No games let you defend your town from demons anymore. And even less have actual good gameplay. Total War has a niche for sure.

I was thinking of Doom, Vermintide 2, Bayonetta, Project Warlock and DMC. tho when you look at release dates uhhh it's been a while. I guess poo poo has changed and I really am old :(

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Chemtrailologist posted:

The only representation Chaos had in the game up until now was the Warriors of Chaos, so I really can't blame people for feeling this way. I still want them to erase most of that lovely faction.

Yeah I'm a Chaos stan and even I think that Warriors of Chaos shouldn't have been put in the game if they were going to be implemented so poorly

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

tgacon posted:

Slaaneshi veganism hits different

That's it, goons, shut down the internet. Nothing beats this comment.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah I'm a Chaos stan and even I think that Warriors of Chaos shouldn't have been put in the game if they were going to be implemented so poorly

They were intended as an NPC only boss faction and reworked as pre-order DLC at the last minute iirc.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
To be entirely fair, the Chaos Warriors weren't that much worse than other launch factions in the first game. The real issue is that CA did a major rework for pretty much every single one of them, while all Chaos Warriors got were some minor updates, so they look completely out of place by now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

i'll say this for them - Chosen do some loving work.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Not backporting any of the various improvements made to horde/semihorde (VCoast) factions to WoC have made them the single most painful campaign to play IMO, and that's on normal/normal. Factor in the Legendary AI cheats that make melee infantry the single worst class of units by far and it's even worse. Hoping for some serious improvements in TW3 or just abolish the faction and roll it into the various new Chaos factions IMO

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Helcannons and chaos knights are good too.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

chosen are some of the worst units in the game imo

Heavy melee infantry with poo poo speed? It’s really hard to get their worth out of them for me. They aren’t good at exploiting flanks due to their speed, you can’t reposition them easily, and they just evaporate against artillery.

elite melee infantry are generally in a poor place imo. Way too expensive for what they offer, when normally you’d be better served by single entity monsters/heroes, or more ranged units instead.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

rideANDxORdie posted:

Not backporting any of the various improvements made to horde/semihorde (VCoast) factions to WoC have made them the single most painful campaign to play IMO, and that's on normal/normal. Factor in the Legendary AI cheats that make melee infantry the single worst class of units by far and it's even worse. Hoping for some serious improvements in TW3 or just abolish the faction and roll it into the various new Chaos factions IMO

I really hope the DLC lords for Chaos bring mortal units into the four rosters, with Archaon/Be'lakor as undivided getting a mixed roster plus some stock warrior leftovers but losing out on elites and mechanics.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Heavy melee infantry with poo poo speed? It’s really hard to get their worth out of them for me. They aren’t good at exploiting flanks due to their speed, you can’t reposition them easily, and they just evaporate against artillery.

elite melee infantry are generally in a poor place imo. Way too expensive for what they offer, when normally you’d be better served by single entity monsters/heroes, or more ranged units instead.

i mean i don't disagree with any of your points, but christ they wreck faces when they do get into combat.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Plus the fact that they're dealing with a property they don't actually own. Games Workshop seems to give them a lot of leeway but still one wrong sentence could set them off.

Honestly at this point Warhammer Fantasy Battles is a multi-million dollar Creative Assembly franchise with a little hobbyist community for a discontinued miniature wargame on the side.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Arglebargle III posted:

Honestly at this point Warhammer Fantasy Battles is a multi-million dollar Creative Assembly franchise with a little hobbyist community for a discontinued miniature wargame on the side.

Except geedubs still owns the poo poo, gets massive bucks in royalties, and has final say over everything CA does. (plus the infinite 40k and *gasp* AoS bucks)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

When you get absurd upkeep reduction benefits from leveling your horde and they cost less than swordsmen it doesn't matter too much.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Chosen don't need to exploit flanks to be one of the best heavy infantry units in the game. They can hold out for forever against pretty much anything in melee. I don't know that I've ever noticed them being more vulnerable to artillery than other infantry units. Pro tip if this is a problem for you: bring other units.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Part of Slaanesh's purview is the pursuit of perfection.

Carcinisation isn't perfection - it's a FOO strategy/N00b strategy that's easy to do but not that good overall.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arglebargle III posted:

True but it is coming back in like a year. I'm sure Games Workshop is putting a lot of faith in Total War fans (and Vermitide!) being willing to take out the several comedically large bank loans needed to buy their models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Randallteal posted:

Chosen don't need to exploit flanks to be one of the best heavy infantry units in the game. They can hold out for forever against pretty much anything in melee. I don't know that I've ever noticed them being more vulnerable to artillery than other infantry units. Pro tip if this is a problem for you: bring other units.

Yeah Chaos is boring but not without tricks. They even have dragons and manticores, not to mention giants and trolls. And some of the best heavy infantry and undisputed best artillery in the game.

They’re just boring as gently caress.