Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’m a little surprised they haven’t been reprinted with The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett being the biggest products being pushed right now. There’s brand confusion of course, and the trilogy is confusing enough without dealing with two canons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Any way to read the Bounty Hunter wars recaps without archives?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just want to point out again that Bossk and Kuat were in Colin Treverrow's Episode IX script.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

fartknocker posted:

It’s in the OP.

My absolute favorite part is "Boba Fett -> Bossk -> Boba Fett -> Bossk -> Boba Fett and Bossk".

Genius.

Nckdictator posted:

Any way to read the Bounty Hunter wars recaps without archives?

Unfortunately, no. No one has ever put any effort into putting that thread into any medium other than "old SA thread". I'd blame the OP of that thread, that lazy rear end in a top hat.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 8, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Someday I’m going to make an interactive version of that chart with page numbers and footnotes and stuff.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

My absolute favorite part is "Boba Fett -> Bossk -> Boba Fett -> Bossk -> Boba Fett and Bossk".

that was the bit when fett, bossk, and zuckuss were all stuck in a ship together right?

i think it's the only scene i even vaguely remember aside from kuat of kuat plotting in his office and balancesheet screwing over kud'ar mub'at

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jazerus posted:

that was the bit when fett, bossk, and zuckuss were all stuck in a ship together right?

i think it's the only scene i even vaguely remember aside from kuat of kuat plotting in his office and balancesheet screwing over kud'ar mub'at

So Fett and Bossk team up to capture the Rogue stormtrooper (Voss'Ont or something?) and when they're back aboard Slave 1 Bossk was planning to ice Fett but then Fett dumped Zuckuss out of a storage locker and things got confusing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Arc Hammer posted:

So Fett and Bossk team up to capture the Rogue stormtrooper (Voss'Ont or something?) and when they're back aboard Slave 1 Bossk was planning to ice Fett but then Fett dumped Zuckuss out of a storage locker and things got confusing.

I was literally laughing out loud for this entire description. And I've had a poo poo day. Thank you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

thrawn527 posted:

I was literally laughing out loud for this entire description. And I've had a poo poo day. Thank you.

Yeah and then Fett shoved Bossk and Zuckuss into an escape pod while he flew off with the stormtrooper.

Then Xizor showed up and tried to blow Fett up before he could deliver the bounty to the Spider guy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Was there an actual read-along of the trilogy? I can’t remember.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Casimir Radon posted:

Was there an actual read-along of the trilogy? I can’t remember.

Yup, by SlantedFloors! If you have archives, all parts are linked in the second post in this thread. And they did a great job.

SlantedFloors posted:

Kuat of Kuat, the Kuat of Kuat from Kuat, Ruler of Kuat and leader of all the Kuat of Kuat is probably the most irritating thing so far.

Only so far, though. There are far worse things coming up.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Casimir Radon posted:

Someday I’m going to make an interactive version of that chart with page numbers and footnotes and stuff.

May the Force be with you in such an endeavor.

Jazerus posted:

Off-hand, I think I recall the fight with the Shell Hutts being kinda cool when I last read those books, which was probably well over a decade ago at this point.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I never realised until now that the backstab chart that's been floating around was not the final version...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I think the best part of that chart is that I genuinely do not know how to read it. Like, what do red Xs mean? What does the direction of the arrow mean? Does it matter?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Pretty sure it’s [STABBER]➡️[STABEE]

No clue about the red xes though.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I believe the X’s are all people who died.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

fartknocker posted:

I believe the X’s are all people who died.

Like, at all? Because I’m pretty sure Xizor wasn’t killed in the Bounty Hunter Wars, unless the trilogy overlaps Shadows of the Empire.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Xenomrph posted:

Like, at all? Because I’m pretty sure Xizor wasn’t killed in the Bounty Hunter Wars, unless the trilogy overlaps Shadows of the Empire.

The whole trilogy is actually telling two linked stories, one set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back (Which is where Xizor and some of the other stuff come up) and one set during Return of the Jedi after Fett got out of the Sarlacc.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Technically his plotting in the trilogy ends up getting him killed in Shadows of the Empire. I really need to reread those in order to see if they kind of make sense together or not at all.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Casimir Radon posted:

Technically his plotting in the trilogy ends up getting him killed in Shadows of the Empire. I really need to reread those in order to see if they kind of make sense together or not at all.

I thought Xizor getting himself killed in Shadows was pretty self contained, no other backstory required. :confused:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

I thought Xizor getting himself killed in Shadows was pretty self contained, no other backstory required. :confused:
It is, but then the trilogy comes in a couple years after SOTE was released with a bunch of post-hoc additions to Xizor’s schemes. It’s tacked on backstory to the stuff Perry wrote.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Xenomrph posted:

pretty self contained, no other backstory required. :confused:

Unnecessary backstory in Star Wars?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The High Republic is getting a game made by Quantic Dream.

https://youtu.be/4cJpiOPKH14

Their track record is pretty hit and miss from what I understand. I’ve only played Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Which is interesting but doesn’t really excel gameplay-wise. They did get hit with a bunch of hostile workplace accusations a few years back. I’m hopeful that this will be good because it’s downright criminal how hard it is to get a good single player Star Wars game these days.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Casimir Radon posted:

The High Republic is getting a game made by Quantic Dream.

https://youtu.be/4cJpiOPKH14

Their track record is pretty hit and miss from what I understand. I’ve only played Omikron: The Nomad Soul. Which is interesting but doesn’t really excel gameplay-wise. They did get hit with a bunch of hostile workplace accusations a few years back. I’m hopeful that this will be good because it’s downright criminal how hard it is to get a good single player Star Wars game these days.

It's impossible to measure how quickly my excitement deflated when the Quantic Dream logo popped up at the end of that trailer, and I didn't even know about the harassment stuff.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Rochallor posted:

It's impossible to measure how quickly my excitement deflated when the Quantic Dream logo popped up at the end of that trailer, and I didn't even know about the harassment stuff.

:same:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, David Cage has explicitly said he does not make games for people like me so why should I give him my money?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe they’ll get reigned in since they’re working on one of the biggest licenses there is. At least it’s not an MMO or a MOBA.

What I’d really like to see is Arkane get a bounty hunter game that plays like Dishonored.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Is there a handy summary of why the company is terrible somewhere?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arquinsiel posted:

Is there a handy summary of why the company is terrible somewhere?

Well without getting into the rest of the stuff about how it's a toxic workplace, David Cage going behind Elliot Page's back is one of the most notable. Page didn't want to do any nude shots for the game Beyond: Two Souls, Cage said gently caress it and did a shower scene without their consent because he's a french pervert who wants to gently caress CGI facsimiles of people.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Oh, that. :stare:

Yeah Imma pass on this game too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Cage himself has had choice lines about "not making games for fags" and "in my games, all women are whores"

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Turns out that the High Republic Adventures comics are being published by Panini in the UK in their "Bookazine" format, so they might actually be the easiest and cheapest Star Wars media to get soon. Sweet.

Weirdly zero mention of IDE at all in the copyright guff text though. Unexpected what with how they handle their Marvel reprints.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

Cage himself has had choice lines about "not making games for fags" and "in my games, all women are whores"

Also while not as terrible by any means he has no loving idea what certain narrative devices are. So he's a creep, an rear end in a top hat, and a moron.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rochallor posted:

this. QD is a loving shithouse run by king of sex monsters and a giant moron to boot. i am curious if the game isn't quietly shelved or pushed to another dev at some point if they gently caress up a bunch publicly again but my guess is Disney is gonna have tight and short leash on Cage and QD and from what i am hearing, they are co-devloping it so it isnt some weird "game" poo poo cage shits out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I imagine Disney will keep them on a tight leash. It would be preferable that they used another studio but what they want is probably right up QD’s alley.

Getting toward the end of Lesser Evil. Outbound Flight is canon again. It was semi-vague with the details but that’s clearly what it was.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Casimir Radon posted:

I imagine Disney will keep them on a tight leash. It would be preferable that they used another studio but what they want is probably right up QD’s alley.

Getting toward the end of Lesser Evil. Outbound Flight is canon again. It was semi-vague with the details but that’s clearly what it was.

i am hopeful it has somewhat more conventual gameplay. like i dont want it to be fallen order but idk.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Depsite the....lets call it Traviss'isms in Bloodlines regarding Mandolorians/Boba Fetts story and the yikesness of the scenes with Jacen and the various acts of police brutality and DOING THE HARD THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF GOODNESS. I actually kinda liked the book in the end.

I didn't think anybody let alone Karen goddamn Traviss could make me :smith: about Boba Fett of all characters.

This is just a very :smith: book in general. Different than how Star by Star made me feel in the end but for different reasons. It's rough as poo poo seeing these characters go through some tough times and slowly fall apart as a family. That scene at the end when Jacen gives over the corpse and Han wants absolutely nothing to with him just broke my heart man.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Having finished Victory's Price it manages to stick the landing. I'm still not sure I actually like anyone in Alphabet Squadron, but at least getting more screenpagetime with Hera was nice.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I remembered I own a copy of Aftermath I've never finished and good grief it sucks real bad.

Wendig's trying to do some kind of whedonish TV or comic book thing in prose, and while I don’t hate any particular choice he makes, it all adds up to an insufferable mess. Wibbly wobbly TIE Fighters I could live with because watching one of those things crash is kind of funny, but he writes like he owns no English dictionary:

"Hey what's the word for like, using your hand to hit someone? Like, in a pistoning motion?"

Punching, Chuck. It's called punching. "Pistoning a fist" makes me think if a cartoon robot.

The plot also sucks because there's so little of it, and the characters aren't even charming. Do not buy, no matter how much you want to find out what happened after Endor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what happened after endor? let me tell you about a little planet called bakura...