Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Giving emotional teens Giant robots magic powers may have consequences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tenebrais posted:

I think it's a fair guess. Goops isn't actually very good at manipulation. Everything she's done to Undine has only driven her to be a more dedicated opponent. She failed to scare Kokoro off from helping, but only gave her a personal reason to get involved. She tried to seduce Tessa with power, and the only reason Tessa came to her is because she easily figured out Goops was lying but was wrong about what she really wanted.

It would be entirely fitting for what schemes she has to not only get away from her but prove to have never been in her control to begin with.

The second paragraph I agree with, but what I remember from the scene where Goops convinced Tessa to come out was the line "What do you have to look forward to?" I read that as a cruel and deft bit of manipulation to bring out Tessa's suicidality, and I can't think of another way of reading that. Undine being determined isn't what I would call the most likely reaction, either, and come to think of it, she'd be less productive about it if she didn't have Kokoro propping her up.

Calling Kokoro was a bad move though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Time for a monster encounter!

Been a while since we've had a good proper fight.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Such little arms and legs. It is like a bullet with a beak

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

can't believe Kokoro is D E A D

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

horn gonna hit her right in the atrium

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

rannum posted:

horn gonna hit her right in the atrium

I think that thing actually stopped and slightly nudged her with that antenna thing. I wonder what that does.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think that thing actually stopped and slightly nudged her with that antenna thing. I wonder what that does.

It's tricky to parse at a glance, but I'm actually pretty sure it's a weird little person with a huge floof of hair kind of like Cousin It. It's reaching out to her with a teeny arm, the other is trailing at its side, and it has legs behind.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It looks like my parents fighting.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
It’s giving me “flying spike ball from Phantasm” vibes

cell
Nov 25, 2003

The more Johnny the better.
New Comic!

Let's get this episode of Stargate off the ground!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

can't believe Kokoro is D E A D

I'm starting to believe it now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We Silent Hill now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
...poo poo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Kokoro gets to run around invisible now and see how all her friends are mocking her behind her back.
Actually, that would be a pretty cool way for Tessa to tell Kokoro to listen and not get involved, while she has a discussion with Undine.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Kokoro's on her way to find Cassidy, who's been trapped inside the spirit realm all this time.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ah, the fear of not being seen, felt and heard by anyone

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

rannum posted:

ah, the fear of not being seen, felt and heard by anyone

Kind of Goops to give us a performance of It's A Wonderful Life in time for the season

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

poo poo this is actually upsetting.

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
New page is out.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if this situation might be how Anemone enters the chapter. She knows everything that's going on (mostly...who knows if she could see how the Tessa/Goops situation played out) so she knows exactly what happened to Kokoro & probably hear & see her when no one else does and makes her in a unique situation where she can try resolving this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
She’s so scared. :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does Anemone actually go out to fight monsters? Her power doesnt seem very combat oriented unless the goes pure gwenpool and starts fighting with text boxes and panel edges

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
We are getting into near body horror stuff. This comic never fails to impress me.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Kokoro's expression feel like "this poo poo again" to me. Implying that she gets turned invisible or intangible regularly by crazy monsters.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does Anemone actually go out to fight monsters? Her power doesnt seem very combat oriented unless the goes pure gwenpool and starts fighting with text boxes and panel edges

As far as we're aware she just stays indoors and keeps to herself most of the time. But she is present in the chapter page so maybe events make her go out this time?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
She’s gonna make a corn husk doll of Gootessa and place it in a very disadvantageous position where it never gets seen and just gathers dust.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

She’s so scared. :smith:

Imagine losing your closest friends and your last surviving one is alienated from you. Now imagine your new friend/girlfriend/partner/emotional support just vanishes from your sight inexplicably. Undine doesn't deserve this suffering.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Ah, HP. You know that there is a malevolent, planning entity on the side of the monsters.

If the thing that sent you to the flipside ran off, it ran off because Goops wants you over there, because she doesn't want Undine to be there when she moves against you, or for you to be there when she moves against Undine, or both.

Should have stuck around, maybe attempted communication by smashing up the ground you still seem able to interact with.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Anemone seems to have non-combat powers, mainly omniscience* in regards to the happenings of the city and also probably immortality.
(*Not perfect omniscience mind you)

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ChrisBTY posted:

Anemone seems to have non-combat powers, mainly omniscience* in regards to the happenings of the city and also probably immortality.
(*Not perfect omniscience mind you)

Man the idea that she’s been there forever, is nearly omniscient, and by extrapolation has been a 14 year old for knows how long, is frankly terrifying

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Lol I love this funny heartwarming comic where characters can get summarily murderated.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Well obviously she'll be a ghost of Crimmus Future then.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok I definitely read only the first panel and started freaking out that a fake Kokoro had appeared to trick Undine

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Heads up
https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1476519347636027396?t=Y3w72DvntYOyeUyGV5-DEQ&s=19

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
Link to the new page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's looking like the plan to lure her away might actually fail, if Kokoro can't bear to leave her alone.

Attagirl, HP!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Not liking the look of her scarf in the last panel!

Took a couple of looks to spot it, even.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tenebrais posted:

Not liking the look of her scarf in the last panel!

Took a couple of looks to spot it, even.

Oh, nice catch - I mist it the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Oh, nice catch - I mist it the first time.

It's fog, not mist. Although to be more technical I guess it's a smokescreen since it's not made of water.