Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

throwing wave after waves of expendable poors at the virus until it hits the preprogrammed kill limit and shuts down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Stagflation 2 here I come.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Nevertheless, she persisted

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Excelzior posted:

throwing wave after waves of expendable poors at the virus until it hits the preprogrammed kill limit and shuts down

I unironically love the optimism of posts like this

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

papa horny michael posted:

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/taxes/will-child-tax-credit-payments-affect-your-2022-taxes-heres-what-you-need-to-know/
"Will child tax credit payments affect your 2022 taxes? Here's what you need to know
You may unexpectedly have to repay some of your monthly child tax credit payments back in 2022 if you get too much money from the IRS this year."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertfarrington/2021/11/22/americans-should-be-prepared-for-a-smaller-tax-refund-next-year/?sh=652012431c71

"These payments have provided a much-needed boost for millions of working parents, but many may not realize they will now receive half of the child tax credit they were going to receive when they file their 2021 income tax returns.

Ultimately, this could lead to some families receiving a smaller refund than expected, or perhaps even facing a tax bill when they file their taxes next year.

For full disclosure, it was possible to "opt out" of the advance child tax credits earlier this year, but many people couldn't seem to figure out how to do it. With that in mind, there were certainly some families who received these advance payments this year who didn't need them or want them."

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

the democrats are going to get destroyed

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Too Many Birds posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed

:ohdear: but when?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

in 2022

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

breaking with the thread to ask: can they be destroyed before 2022, and if so how?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

breaking with the thread to ask: can they be destroyed before 2022, and if so how?

I mean, its kinda impossible to destroy them while they still (technically) hold 2/3 branches of government. Fastest track is they lose Congress end of 2022, Trump named speaker of the House, first thing the new Congress does is impeach Biden and Harris.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

the democrats are going to do great in 2022

NOT

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Excelzior posted:

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

:hmmyes:

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Will the democrats get destroyed in 2024?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Will the democrats to get destroyed in 2024!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Willa’s gonna destroy the democrats in 2024

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Noob Saibot posted:

Like I’ve said before we have vaccines, boosters, treatments, even pills for Covid. People even in liberal California continue walking around without masks like the old days despite new mask mandate and cases have not gone up significantly. Based on Omicron the virus seems to be getting weaker. In America we are now post-pandemic and the remaining people need to get vaccinated and get back in line. The government aid pigout is over.

1700 died "with" Covid yesterday

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mawarannahr posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/dudeweedmemes/status/1471222066854703114?s=20

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/VP/status/1470536511628140550

everyone deserves access to electric vehicle charging

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Can't wait to buy an EV and have the next administration rip out every public charger in the country in 3 years

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Glenn is right about the role of Sam Seder in protecting the Demon Rats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1471481218373931013

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

UFOTacoMan posted:

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1470536511628140550

everyone deserves access to electric vehicle charging

my state put a tax on electric vehicles so now you're actively punished by the state if you have one. glad i can have a charging station though

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Excelzior posted:

Joe "Zapp" biden

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Excelzior posted:

whoops looks like you've figured out the plan to get rid of the other 50% of childhood poverty

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lord of Pie posted:

whoops looks like you've figured out the plan to get rid of the other 50% of childhood poverty

Well it is the children who are wrong, so now is the time for retribution.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mike the TV posted:

Can't wait to buy an EV and have the next administration rip out every public charger in the country in 3 years

They won't rip them out, but they will sell give them to a private operator.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

my state put a tax on electric vehicles so now you're actively punished by the state if you have one. glad i can have a charging station though

Paying your fair share of road and bridge maintenance is punishment?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Nothus posted:

...who will proceed to go bankrupt and will rip them out for the copper wiring in the late-stages.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nothus posted:

there's no way that the government expands electrical charging stations without doing it as a public-private partnership.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nothus posted:

to be clear, the dem’s plan is to give money to private operators to put these chargers in

quote:

The language of the infrastructure bill related to EV charging is pretty broad, but it at least is focused on making these new chargers easy to access. They must be built in publicly accessible locations like parks, shopping centers, multiunit housing structures, government-owned buildings, or at transit hubs. They can be installed on private property but only if they’re accessible for a minimum amount of time per week.

Moreover, companies applying for funding to build out more chargers can’t use a proprietary plug and have to work with local governments to figure out a long-term maintenance plan so the stations aren’t abandoned.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Noob Saibot posted:

Like I’ve said before we have vaccines, boosters, treatments, even pills for Covid. People even in liberal California continue walking around without masks like the old days despite new mask mandate and cases have not gone up significantly. Based on Omicron the virus seems to be getting weaker. In America we are now post-pandemic and the remaining people need to get vaccinated and get back in line. The government aid pigout is over.

Syq

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

How do you pass a landmark bill with 49 votes???

On BBB, we are already under reconciliation. That lowers the number from 60 to 50. I KNOW that we all want BBB - all of it- to pass. However, how do you get a bill passed with less than 50% of the entire Senate?

I assume what you are implicitly calling for is for Schumer and Biden to actually threaten the two Democrats not in agreement. What would you threaten them with - especially Manchin? Progressives have already called for Sinema primary challenges. Note that in the Trump years, there were things they failed to get 50 votes on - even though they had more than 50 Senators. The biggest was the long demanded repeal of ACA.

I suspect that in the quiet of the recess and Christmas/New year holidays, Schumer and Manchin will reach some agreement. The resulting bill will be pared down, but EVERYTHING in that bill is something we want --- and the House will pass it. Remember that the most centrist member of the party in power always gets the most attention when looking at passing laws. On the other hand, they are never the favorites of the base.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Libs are so rules-oriented they don't even know how politics work anymore.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Libs are so rules-oriented they don't even know how politics work anymore.

We need a CSPAM parliamentarian role to tells which rules we can follow and have to avoid damage rules decorum

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
looking forward to the manchin branded coal boiler trucks in 2024

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

to be clear, the dem’s plan is to give money to private operators ...

That's their plan for literally everything

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Medicare Plus Advantage, brought to you by Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/...ingawful.com%2F