Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

From the histopathology section:

I would not be too obsessed with this particular pathology. It's very possible that it's the result of the duration of her illness. It looks like she had serious Covid for 4 months straight with some intermittent periods of recovery

Looking at the other symptoms, if anything, it strongly suggests what we already knew; it fucks up your vascular system.

When non-vasculature tissue doesn't get the oxygen and nutrients normally delivered by the vascular system, it atrophies and eventually dies via apoptosis/necrosis/senescence/programmed cell death/etc.

Also, don't read this paper if you're having a bad day. It's essentially a detailed report of a baby being physically shredded at the cellular level.

4 months of covid is what we can all look forward to with the way things are going. Now all those jokes about players playing in China sound more like aspirational goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I voted Connect Four in honor of Rajon Rondo (maybe, I don’t actually remember)

Declan MacManus posted:

nba will keep marching until it can’t; that’s what it did last time and there’s no incentive not to, especially with a vaccine existing. the animus will always be on personal responsibility as opposed to needing to work to make a living. if breakthrough cases become prominent enough, maybe you’ll see actual stoppages
Last time? Didn’t they shut down like immediately when Rudy tested positive (he shut down the whole drat league) and then go to the bubble?

Yeah though, I agree they’re going to try to keep playing as long as they can now. Nobody cares anymore. Re the vaccine though it does very little to stop omicron infections. We’re all still just hoping some protection holds out against serious disease but you’ll already have half the team in the protocol even if it does

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 17, 2021

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

This seems way more likely than pausing the league lol. It's not covid that's the issue, it's those pesky protocols

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There have been some omicron super spreader events like where 60 vaccinated people attend a holiday party and then 55 test positive after. Honestly seems like an NBA game in a crowded arena could lead to over 1000 positives?? Idk

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

There have been some omicron super spreader events like where 60 vaccinated people attend a holiday party and then 55 test positive after. Honestly seems like an NBA game in a crowded arena could lead to over 1000 positives?? Idk

oh most definitely. it's gonna be a dark winter

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This is a bit of a random question but I am trying to see all of Zach Lowe's '10 Things' articles that he's done this year but as far as I can tell you can't look up articles by author. Like before you used to be able to click his name and see everything he wrote but you can't. And its just really hard to google it period. But I was trying to just review all his articles and I can't find a way to look them up easily.

Anyone have any good solution?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

soggybagel posted:

This is a bit of a random question but I am trying to see all of Zach Lowe's '10 Things' articles that he's done this year but as far as I can tell you can't look up articles by author. Like before you used to be able to click his name and see everything he wrote but you can't. And its just really hard to google it period. But I was trying to just review all his articles and I can't find a way to look them up easily.

Not really, ESPN’s website is total dogshit

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Okoro noooo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
James Ennis being like the 5th guy signed on a hardship is weird to me like I don't get why the Lakers didn't just sign him straight up. He had a tryout though and it must have went poorly.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

if the players union doesn't say no to this, they are a horrible union.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

https://twitter.com/Jim_Gardner/status/1471627781075255300?t=9ExbW4Z8iTryET7Efg9Gpw&s=19

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

I've been hearing a lot of the sports media push for this today. Probably an agenda for them to meet it rolling and not have to pause on their jobs? I don't know, what do you think?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I legit want to know what number of those deaths are unvaxxed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Keep in mind, the players are much different from other unions, they only make money if the league makes money. If they do a shutdown or any other action that impacts revenue, it comes out if the players pockets the same as it would owners. The players union and the league have largely been aligned through this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zogo posted:

The last of the poll:

Shoutout to the other Mysterium representer

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471686915191717891

Probably should just shut down for a week, but I guess this is a decent plan.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Just have the teams in the COVID protocols face each other while in quarantine. Problem solved!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think things will be fine.

soggybagel posted:

Espn removed this functionality years ago, assumedly because they didn't want any writer to develop a following and need to be paid more, a la Bill Simmons. You used to be able to do it easily, but they took it away.

There are aggregator sites for journalists, for some reason to find a list of zach lowe articles you need to go to a third party site. You can also spend hours scrolling through his twitter to find them.

Also if you want to read zach lowe (but not mike schmitz or jonathan givony ) articles, you can do it for free by using an asian proxy and searching zach lowe "article title" tv5.espn.com, which routes you to phillippines espn

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 17, 2021

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They should just do another bubble but trick the players by calling it an NFT Dome or something like that

Say all COVID test results are verified via blockchain

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Probably not the best solution but jamming this into Google and then filtering your search to only show results in the past year works:

site:espn.com zach lowe 10 things

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471686915191717891

Probably should just shut down for a week, but I guess this is a decent plan.

Lmao yeah I love seeing coaches pull down their masks whenever they eg “speak” or “breathe”

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1471636599666405377

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
yeah but he can't protect the rim

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1471612005958270977?t=q0SO2MyRqKh99gjR_NVGTQ&s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Trying to use lineup on/off like that across the entire season is not a great stat. Patrick Beverly is +5.7 in that metric, which is like a 55 win season. Every team has players and lineups that would be "the best in the NBA". Jokic is having a MVP-type season again for sure but there's way better ways of showing it.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Strawberry Panda posted:

I've been hearing a lot of the sports media push for this today. Probably an agenda for them to meet it rolling and not have to pause on their jobs? I don't know, what do you think?

Sports media is among the worst "specialized" media in the world. Given our current predicament, their interests directly align with ownership and it is insanely disrespectful and reckless to send a covid suicide bomber into the game for everyone to get sick. I hope the players have some sense and object to this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Trying to use lineup on/off like that across the entire season is not a great stat. Patrick Beverly is +5.7 in that metric, which is like a 55 win season. Every team has players and lineups that would be "the best in the NBA". Jokic is having a MVP-type season again for sure but there's way better ways of showing it.

Actually I think you'll find that it's very great

https://twitter.com/RobMahoney/status/1471866253811884038

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its got the crazy frog lil weiner

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that's basically my taco loadout as a kid

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Some shameful tacos there. Just garbage on every register.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Judakel posted:

Sports media is among the worst "specialized" media in the world. Given our current predicament, their interests directly align with ownership and it is insanely disrespectful and reckless to send a covid suicide bomber into the game for everyone to get sick. I hope the players have some sense and object to this.

It's a field of absolute ghouls.

Lockback posted:

There's problems with lineup differential for sure, but I feel like it's a metric that pretty closely lines up with the "eye test" more often than not. Like I guess it's more useful for comparing a team to itself.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the covid case of the half hour

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471902871843131396

jim gardner owns

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
woj has already tweeted an additional covid case, Taurean Prince

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Some shameful tacos there. Just garbage on every register.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Judakel posted:

Now let’s talk about technology and gaming media!!!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1471904432518569988?s=20

lmao thanks woj

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

I can’t listen to Kevin O’Conner. He sounds terrible… Blow your nose guy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can't believe LeBron put out a hit on Ant to avoid getting shown up on national TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Just surprised there isn't a third "Thus he is meeting the incentives placed in his contract by Bob's Sports Agent Emporium, his representatives" tweet to follow up there.