Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
For the sake of Content I deliberately picked bad dialogue options during the empathy check with Cuno, and now I'm dead to him. As in I literally cannot interact with him beyond the game telling me he won't talk to me. Is there any way to deal with this besides letting Kim get shot at the Tribunal (apparently that resets Cuno's opinion of you so he can join your party)? Other people have asked this online but all the answers were contradictory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

midnight lasagna posted:

For the sake of Content I deliberately picked bad dialogue options during the empathy check with Cuno, and now I'm dead to him. As in I literally cannot interact with him beyond the game telling me he won't talk to me. Is there any way to deal with this besides letting Kim get shot at the Tribunal (apparently that resets Cuno's opinion of you so he can join your party)? Other people have asked this online but all the answers were contradictory.

My main suggestions would be :

Load a save?

Start a new run as possibly better possibly worse detective? (still play the current one out though.)

For the sake of Content you have blocked yourself from Content. It is a cruel world.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters

Tylana posted:

My main suggestions would be :

Load a save?

Start a new run as possibly better possibly worse detective? (still play the current one out though.)

For the sake of Content you have blocked yourself from Content. It is a cruel world.

This is my third playthrough and I've already seen most of what Cuno has to say so I'm not too bothered, just a little annoyed. I think I'll ride it out and accept that Cuno doesn't loving care (about talking to me).

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

couple of interesting concepts in this art. The implication that Innocences are individuals who receive information from the future is a fascinating one. It makes a lot of sense given that Innocences "compress history" and make what happens in centuries happen in decades. What is up with the last Innocent, then? The game mentions that Sola, the last Innocence, refused to advance the world in an Innocentic fashion. Perhaps she didn't like what she saw? There's also the implication that the Pale both precedes and follows the world, like Dolores Dei suggests.

Did Joshua Jenkins come up with this imagery? The Mazovian symbol is there, as well as the ceramic helmet. Credit to him for his creativity.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
EDIT: Double post. oopsies

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

midnight lasagna posted:

This is my third playthrough and I've already seen most of what Cuno has to say so I'm not too bothered, just a little annoyed. I think I'll ride it out and accept that Cuno doesn't loving care (about talking to me).

You loving pig! You better cough up some cigs if you want the Cuno to talk to you again. If that doesn't cut it, well you're right hosed, pig.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Updog Scully posted:

couple of interesting concepts in this art. The implication that Innocences are individuals who receive information from the future is a fascinating one. It makes a lot of sense given that Innocences "compress history" and make what happens in centuries happen in decades. What is up with the last Innocent, then? The game mentions that Sola, the last Innocence, refused to advance the world in an Innocentic fashion. Perhaps she didn't like what she saw? There's also the implication that the Pale both precedes and follows the world, like Dolores Dei suggests.

Did Joshua Jenkins come up with this imagery? The Mazovian symbol is there, as well as the ceramic helmet. Credit to him for his creativity.

A lot of that stuff is their own personal take on things compared to what the game shows, or at least what was the conceptual state of the game when they were working there. The "atomic structure of pale" goes against the pale being, well, the literal absence of things, unless it was supposed to be something else during that time. Fascism wants a return of the monarchy, but it doesn't represent the monarchical Revachol, etc

granted they could also be working with background info that we might not be privvy now. it would be really great in a new game to discover that, actually, Elysium has developed scientific means to battle the Pale, through the application of CHICAGO HOUSE CANNONS, DETROIT TECHNO BLOWTORCH GUNS and UK JUNGLE/GARAGE HOWITZERS, weapons that force the expansion of the universe through the forceful impact of the sickest rhythmic beats and lights. Capital considers it too expensive to develop, so a certain lieutenant double yefreitor of the revachol citizens militia spearheads an uprising to transform that organization in its ultimate form: the revolutionary hardcore disco liberation front

edit: a builder game like factorio or satisfactory where you are a pale worker forcing the universal will, blasting dimensionality and conquering the void, building roads and infrastructure between the nations, powered by some of the heaviest deep cuts and essential mixes known to humankind. ZA/UM, my account number is

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 15, 2021

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Updog Scully posted:

The game mentions that Sola, the last Innocence, refused to advance the world in an Innocentic fashion. Perhaps she didn't like what she saw?

well according to the entroponetics "slide" on that page the pale is a byproduct of people using the information sent from the future to produce novelty so she might have not wanted to add her personal emissions to the Global Pale problem

e: it's a fun idea, though who knows how closely it relates to what the other creators think/planned. i still say that the pale is accumulated past history given form and laying like a nightmare on the brains of the living.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 15, 2021

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

dead gay comedy forums posted:

edit: a builder game like factorio or satisfactory where you are a pale worker forcing the universal will, blasting dimensionality and conquering the void, building roads and infrastructure between the nations, powered by some of the heaviest deep cuts and essential mixes known to humankind. ZA/UM, my account number is

The dark swirling fog of the pale. Sad historical images and a bleak landscape. Mud, silence, death, longing and absence.

Jaunt rugged figures appear. Working men and women. Steel, hammers and the noise of heavy industry. Post brokenness will.

A ball drops...

We work hard we play hard.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Tbh I find some of that stuff kind of weird and like it’s literalising bits of the game that didn’t seem… literal. Like about technology coming from the future backwards, I thought that was just meant to be smugly dumb conspiracy theorising on the part of Gary the Cryptofascist because he couldn’t imagine the Seolites being better at engineering than than the Revachol master race. Not, y’know, a feature of the world.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

design work like this isn't necessarily about what's "true" in the fiction (especially since that's an oxymoron) but about what could be present in it, and what seems to fit, in any way, with the rest of it

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
Yeah true, it’s not even a question of ‘canonicity’ or whatever when it’s concept stuff like this, it’s not there to be mined for Deep Lore.

It was just startling to see some of this stated so baldly when a lot of it is veiled or wrapped up in *sniff* ideology in the game. Infra-materialism would be another example I guess.

Edit: or when you have some fans trying to pick apart and rationalise Measurehead’s classification of different ethnic groups to get to the ‘real’ worldbuilding underneath, so to speak.

GhastlyBizness fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 15, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Twist: future civilizations have been sending back technology for all people to benefit. In reality it’s only Gary’s people that don’t get it because in the future everyone agrees that he sucks.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
all I know is "HAM SANDWICH RACE" is very funny

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Measurehead is an interesting figure in the game, and I think it's telling that he's the one guy who seems to just stare you dead in the eye and say "Racism." while the other guys are mostly just shitheads in varying degrees of intensity. One could look at Gary and assorted other figures and perhaps tell yourself a story about isolas and convergent/divergent evolution and so on, but Measurehead lays it on the phrenological contour line.

I kind of wonder if he was a skinhead in earlier drafts. I actually thought he was a skinhead just based on his portrait until he began speaking about the Semenese et al.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Nessus posted:

Measurehead is an interesting figure in the game, and I think it's telling that he's the one guy who seems to just stare you dead in the eye and say "Racism." while the other guys are mostly just shitheads in varying degrees of intensity. One could look at Gary and assorted other figures and perhaps tell yourself a story about isolas and convergent/divergent evolution and so on, but Measurehead lays it on the phrenological contour line.

I kind of wonder if he was a skinhead in earlier drafts. I actually thought he was a skinhead just based on his portrait until he began speaking about the Semenese et al.

Measure is also A huge momma's boy.

:smith: But if your Harry is not Man Enough... :smith:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just finished the game and accomplished my main objective: Becoming friends with Kim

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

lmao isn't this guy obsessed with a glorious history that never happened?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

lmao isn't this guy obsessed with a glorious history that never happened?

do what measurehead says (in this one very specific instance), not as measurehead does

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

doesn't shivers usually give you glimpses of other people's experiences?

:(

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Doc Hawkins posted:

doesn't shivers usually give you glimpses of other people's experiences?

:(

Even Shivers can find no record of Harry’s mother because he doesn’t have one. He’s like a reverse Jesus, born to a virgin father.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Even Shivers can find no record of Harry’s mother because he doesn’t have one. He’s like a reverse Jesus, born to a virgin father.

Look I know Harry is a bit of a turd but that's taking it too far

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

christmas boots posted:

If you pass the check you get this:

quote:

Something moves in the depths of your mind, sending shocks of cold through the connective tissue. You're sitting on a kicksled, whizzing through the snow. A warm, kind presence is guiding the sled behind you, her mittened hand resting on your back. You feel very, very loved -- and very, very safe.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

e-dt posted:

If you pass the check you get this:

yeah, that was the first screenshot posted, and it's what i was speaking in reference to.

i remember discussion of the moment of harry's birth but not his parents.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah, that was the first screenshot posted, and it's what i was speaking in reference to.

i remember discussion of the moment of harry's birth but not his parents.

drat, I don't know how I missed the first screenshot. Embarrassing

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Is it possible that this is measurehead's memory?

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Is it possible that this is measurehead's memory?

Maybe, but it is being very direct about "You" and the screenshoted response to the failure refers to it being your mother. I'd say its pretty straight forward on this one.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I think the implication is that Harry is so divorced (ha!) from his childhood that those are barely his memories any more. Yeah, Harrier du Bois had a loving and caring childhood. But he's not that Harrier du Bois any more.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think the implication is that Harry is so divorced (ha!) from his childhood that those are barely his memories any more. Yeah, Harrier du Bois had a loving and caring childhood. But he's not that Harrier du Bois any more.

Who is this "Harry" people keep going on about? I only know Raphael.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

I got a couple things framed, well mounted in one case.

Notice they cut off a bit of the top? apparently it was printed out, crooked or the paper was crooked? Anyway, it's got a UV coating on it that gives it a more matte look. Very nice.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Big Sharpie, multiple colored pens, I think I see a screwdriver.

Torson?" "Yes." "McLaine?" "Yes." "Heidelstam?" "No." "Vicquemare?" "Yes." "LRADIKAL?" "Of course."

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Poor old Trant, getting stiffed like that.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

sebzilla posted:

If there's one thing Trant is not, it's a revolutionary.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Trant might not stand in the way of a revolution but the dude isn't gonna be grinding up the bourgeoisie and feeding them to the pigs anytime soon

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pattonesque posted:

Trant might not stand in the way of a revolution but the dude isn't gonna be grinding up the bourgeoisie and feeding them to the pigs anytime soon

Yeah but he'd tell you all sorts of interesting facts about the history of Mazovian socio-economics, pig domestication, and the manufacturer of the grinder you're using.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Yeah but he'd tell you all sorts of interesting facts about the history of Mazovian socio-economics, pig domestication, and the manufacturer of the grinder you're using.

I've already got a level 9 Encyclopedia for that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

One of these days it's gonna tell me something useful

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i liked the bit in Encyclopedia where it tells you an historic name of the place Siileng is from and right when you say it, it goes "by the way that's an old colonial era name that's considered somewhat offensive these days"

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I've already got a level 9 Encyclopedia for that

I love how the game gives you a bunch of examples in the form of actual characters about what happens when you put Too Many Points in a single skill

also Trant is cool because he thinks it rocks if you set Cindy the SKULL's mural on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pattonesque posted:

I love how the game gives you a bunch of examples in the form of actual characters about what happens when you put Too Many Points in a single skill

also Trant is cool because he thinks it rocks if you set Cindy the SKULL's mural on fire

I also like his theory that your amnesia is the result of class warfare