Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd vote for someone based on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

which one is Boric ??

the one up on the tree, idiot

https://twitter.com/populismupdates/status/1472705964008636419?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/benjaminnorton/status/1472705171876687883?s=21

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

PyPy posted:

the BBB build was never going to pass. and it’s a good thing it won’t, because it is a watered down piece of poo poo from what it was supposed to be and now the Dems can’t tout it as a win

who cares we got SALT, baby!!

quote:

The state-and-local-tax (SALT) deduction lets Americans cut their federal-tax liability if they pay lots of income and property tax at the state and local level. Before 2017 this provision was limitless, letting plutocrats in high-tax states deduct all the property tax on their mansions and the state income tax on their millions, at the expense of federal taxpayers everywhere. Mr Trump’s tax law capped the tax exemption at $10,000. Rather than welcome this as a step towards their goal of more redistribution, Democrats in high-tax states moaned that they had been punitively targeted. Just before Build Back Better passed the House of Representatives on November 19th, they raised the cap to $80,000 a year.

The result is a fiscal fiasco. In the next five years the benefit will cost $275bn. Exactly none of it will go to the bottom 60% of earners. Instead 70% of the gains will go to the top 5%. For a party that came to power condemning Mr Trump’s tax reform for being regressive, the stain of hypocrisy will be hard to wash out.

... In order to pay for that $275bn giveaway, the Democrats have jettisoned some of Mr Biden’s pledges, including free tuition at community college, and scheduled others to disappear in a few years’ time. They are betting that a future Congress will be shamed into finding the money to save these from the axe. That may turn out to be wishful thinking.

It is also callous. The expanded child benefits have significantly reduced poverty among the most needy Americans, but the programme is due to expire after just one more year. If Democrats held back the hundreds of billions from the SALT deduction, they could almost completely fund a permanent child-benefit scheme. They prefer to give each member of the top 1% of earners an average tax cut of $15,000, five times the amount the benefit pays for each child.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Foo Diddley posted:

how did you even know

did like, the wall just start meowing

yes

and everyone just thinks you're crazy when you say the wall is meowing until the third cat

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Our politicians wish they could exude such power

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

No american candidate would ever be brave enough to do something like this

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

farts

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

ex post facho posted:

I used to deliver paper around the Alamo and I remember my reaction the first time seeing it was basically "that's it? lol Texas sucks"

all that remains is just a single building. the Alamo that was was a big piece of land surrounded by walls.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I'm full of lasagna

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol :abuela:

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Cat in the wall, huh? Okaaaay, now you're speaking my language

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

tacodaemon posted:

this one's going around the rightwing facebooks

Going to assume Don Jr will post this within hours if he hasn’t already.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

I’m glad this was finally :emptyquote: because he is the best Joe

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've only got my friend's "cats keep giving birth in my crawlspace" experience to go off of, but I believe you may be hosed and there is nothing on this earth you can do to stop this from happening

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Blister posted:

CATS KEEP GETTING STUCK IN MY DRYWALL THIS IS THE THIRD CAT AND I KEEP HAVING TO REPLACE THE DRYWALL AFTERWARDS GOD ADMNIT WHAY THE gently caress IS UP WITH CATS AND MY loving WWALLS STAY OUT

lmao trup

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
no new succession tonight 😢

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Glumwheels posted:

Oh no rip Florida and rip chuds. Thoughts and prayers

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
READ THE TWEETS

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

probably not news but related to the kanye fixer story

some of these firms were also involved with the election challenging lawsuits on behalf of your favorite president

looking at what they got, just in awe of the multitrack grifting :rock:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1472310703868420105

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

gently caress i was too late

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

PyPy posted:

READ THE TWEETS

so pointing out that the democrats are completely worthless is a "far left" position now huh

i guess the reason they can't do anything for anyone is because everybody else is just too far left

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

PyPy posted:

READ THE TWEETS

I challenge you to name me a far-left journalist or pundit

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PyPy posted:

no new succession tonight 😢

just make your own suck session

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/n9Pf4QK.mp4

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

what the gently caress, don't doxx me

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

another cat drywall situation

also everyone outside of cspam probably loves joe

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

i found the solution to my problem

https://twitter.com/katie_martin_fx/status/1042693276258783232

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Wtf how'd you get a video of me and a white guy together

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

Jimmy dore

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I want small government, am anti-surveillance, and I am a fiercely independent bootstrapped American. I also demand my government monitor me from birth, expand public education, and tell me what to do in society.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

Glen greenwald

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

goth smoking cloves posted:

Lol, falun gong garbage

i wonder where they got the bodies for that Bodies exhibit though.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/bobcesca_go/status/1472637975859281927

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

why would I try harder to get whatever loser the Dems put to the slaughter here than the Dems themselves will try lol