Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

SatansOnion posted:

get a load of this dirty-room-haver who wastes perfectly good benzo and steak money on superfluous computer machines

He said "one of my computers", implying the existence of more than one computer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Jordan Peterson looks like he would call monitors "computers."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Jortsin' peter man

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Protocol7 posted:

Jordan Peterson looks like he would call monitors "computers."

Jordan Peterson looks like the kind of guy who still uses "the TiVo."

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

lmao

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Suddenly obeying the established hierarchies is too much for him and he's got to cry on twitter about some dumb boomer poo poo. Did he lose his desktop? Why does his web browser have so many toolbars this is bullshit microsoft you can't install so many toolbars on here you fuckin chaos dragons

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm all for ragging on Jorp, but why is this funny? I don't get it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm all for ragging on Jorp, but why is this funny? I don't get it.

hes a dumbass boomer with no idea how to use a computer crying for tech support on twitter

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Also because Trump called Tim Cook, Tim Apple.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

First attempt at solving an issue didn't work? I guess it's time to look for some remote half-legal Russian gulag with a solution to this problem.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully he puts himself into a coma to solve yet another problem.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Jordan Peterson looks like the kind of guy who keeps Werther's Originals in his pockets to give to kids at family gatherings.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mister Speaker posted:

Jordan Peterson looks like the kind of guy who keeps Werther's Originals in his pockets to give to kids at family gatherings.

False.

He would never do something kind for a child.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
:
I have candy, and you don't. This is a natural hierarchy we find in nature. If you wanted candy bad enough, you would have it. You don't deserve candy because you don't already have candy. Therefore I will eat the candy in front of you, perhaps to bolster your will to achieve your own candy some day. Yes I will eat the entire bag.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Did Kermit always have nightmarish teeth???

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Palpek posted:

First attempt at solving an issue didn't work? I guess it's time to look for some remote half-legal Russian gulag with a solution to this problem.

even Jordan Peterson doesn't deserve to use OpenOffice

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Rutibex posted:

even Jordan Peterson doesn't deserve to use OpenOffice

Pretty sure U of T insisted on an open office.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mojo1701a posted:

Pretty sure U of T insisted on an open office.

lol

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'm still surprised U of T hasn't chucked him out. I say this as an alumna who hates U of T and understand they are assholes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm still surprised U of T hasn't chucked him out. I say this as an alumna who hates U of T and understand they are assholes.

I've seen worse, I went to Western where they still honor loving Philippe Rushton

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rutibex posted:

I've seen worse, I went to Western where they still honor loving Philippe Rushton

:stonk:

Jesus dude.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Rutibex posted:

WOooooOOwwww. Man, what the frick, Canadian universities?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

False.

He would never do something kind for a child.

That would be communism

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

WOooooOOwwww. Man, what the frick, Canadian universities?

I had a prof in Montreal named Stan Nachfolger who mentioned/bragged once per lecture that Doctor Henry Kissinger was on his thesis committee. Like, have some shame motherfucker!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Love to give oral (defenses) to war criminals.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

He's tenured iirc, and thus almost impossible to get rid of.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

From memory he's not tenured, he just isn't like a core teacher so he can't be fired so much as just not asked to host classes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

He’s tenured.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
pondering my jorb

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

He's got to be tenured; U of T loves their celebrity profs. I've always assumed that's why David Begun wasn't fired after being reported for loving his grad students. Instead they just canceled field schools for anthro students for a couple years.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Jordan Peterson looks like the kind of guy who gets really upset when he asks for your shoehorn and you say you don't have one. You just know he's spending the whole drive back to Mississauga arguing with his wife about how he would have just worn slippers if he'd known that.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
He's been on sabbatical for the last few years, but supposedly he's very unwelcome on campus and there's no support for him anymore among staff. Between him having tenure and not actually teaching or being on campus in person, it's probably easier to just keep him shoved to the side until/unless he decides he wants to teach again. Then the school might have to make a decision

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Powerful Katrinka posted:

He's been on sabbatical for the last few years, but supposedly he's very unwelcome on campus and there's no support for him anymore among staff. Between him having tenure and not actually teaching or being on campus in person, it's probably easier to just keep him shoved to the side until/unless he decides he wants to teach again. Then the school might have to make a decision

So this is how I ended up in a Vic One seminar taught by a literal crazy man who I once saw at Shopper's Drug mart wearing two hats and loudly contemplating the purchase of a bus to himself. What a world.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

So this is how I ended up in a Vic One seminar taught by a literal crazy man who I once saw at Shopper's Drug mart wearing two hats and loudly contemplating the purchase of a bus to himself. What a world.

Inertia and lawsuits are powerful forces

What's Vic One? And how was the class?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Inertia and lawsuits are powerful forces

What's Vic One? And how was the class?

It was a seminar for first years at Vic, allegedly an honors thing but probably just a way for profs to meet class hour minimums or something. I think it was called The Canadian Experience or something weird like that. We learned random things about Toronto, which would have been great had it not come with a massive book list that cost the earth and which we never used once.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The story I heard was that the professors union told U of T we don't want this guy teaching here and if he comes back we'll raise a big stink and the administration said 'yeah, no problem we're on the same page'

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mister Speaker posted:

Jordan Peterson looks like the kind of guy who gets really upset when he asks for your shoehorn and you say you don't have one. You just know he's spending the whole drive back to Mississauga arguing with his wife about how he would have just worn slippers if he'd known that.

That's IT! Back to Winnipeg!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Are you guys telling me that JIRP was cancelled by the woke mob elitist college? What about his right to free speech, he's being censored!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

JORDAN PETERSON ATTACKED ME IN QUEEN'S PARK AND TRIED TO CONVINCE ME TO ATTEND A U OF T SPORTSBALL GAME AAAAAH!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I saw Jorp at a local playground beating up children. He looked pretty tough to me and they prolly deserved it TBH.