Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

They released a remaster of 64, sunshine, and galaxy for the switch a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

like how is that a question. get a switch and buy the online sub and those are both included. or set up an emulator on a pc or android thing or raspberry pi.

does general n64 emulation not suck yet, or is it still a mess of hacks and plugins?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

RokosCockatrice posted:

oot and mario 64 are on the switch virtual console thing? god drat it, I stopped paying attention years ago when they were strictly NES titles only

they got added in the expansion pack a couple months ago

along with some sega games

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
finally an excuse to get some unbroken switch controllers

that certainly was easy

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

PIZZA.BAT posted:

once i then stepped into hyrule field for the first time and realized just how much larger the game was: :aaa:

Ya I was the same. Great game. One of my favourites.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They released a remaster of 64, sunshine, and galaxy for the switch a while back.

yes, and you can no longer buy it (limited release thing)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

also i heard the emulation was bad

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The_Franz posted:

does general n64 emulation not suck yet, or is it still a mess of hacks and plugins?

i got it working with retroarch pretty effortlessly, i forget which core I used tho

was able to get 4 player mario kart going on my macbook with ps4 controllers

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 22, 2021

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Steam Winter Sale is now on if there was anything you were waiting on a price-drop.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
perhaps I will finally buy disco elysium

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Silver Alicorn posted:

same

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

perhaps I will buy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i have the GameCube remaster of oot and it's real good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

You should, it's absolutely worth the money.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

ran out of 1s and 0s in the bitmine :(

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

fuckin do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9-SgkvM8Mw

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

perhaps I will buy

lmao I would wear this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I can barely play disco elysium because it's too real for me

gently caress does cuno care

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

also i heard the emulation was bad

iirc, mario 64 was an actual port, not emulation. they even went so far as to keep some of the bugs speedrunners use in place

zelda oot has been completely decompiled and recreated at this point, so people could start making native ports, in theory

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

just posting to encourage people to pick up disco elysium. maybe not the best video game ever made, but it is my favorite

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

in DE, is there an alternate ending where you find out why you have memory loss? you kind of assume it’s due to alcoholism but I was waiting for some kind of sinister reveal that never came

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If you get disco elysium, go in blind on your first playthrough and actually roleplay. The game will be incredibly fun, after you beat it you can savescum to see all the things.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you can savescum

I specifically remember trying to savescum a really hard dice roll, but it doesn’t even let you retry after reloading. they must intentionally lock you out to prevent it in some cases. it let me retry later tho so its on some timer

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 23, 2021

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I’m playing the witcher 3 for the first time ever and it very much feels like if rockstar made an RPG. Honestly it feels like RDR but with swords and spells.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

polyester concept posted:

in DE, is there an alternate ending where you find out why you have memory loss? you kind of assume it’s due to alcoholism but I was waiting for some kind of sinister reveal that never came

I think it's basically there in the sequence where you speak to your ex in a dream at the end. you basically turn your entire life into a repressed memory to avoid dealing with the pain around her. how much is alcohol and how much is just traumatic memory suppression is left kind of vague, but I sort of left with the impression that you know all along but refuse to acknowledge it.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
never savescum disco elysium just go along with it even if you fail

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only savescummed when I passed a roll and the game crashed before I could save. I deserved that roll

but in general yeah don’t do it. it’s almost impossible to get into a true no-win scenario, there’s always something you can do to move forward even if it’s dumber and more awkward than you hoped

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

dumber and more awkward than you hoped

sounds right up my alley

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
most of the time failing a roll is better than winning it

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

I’m playing the witcher 3 for the first time ever and it very much feels like if rockstar made an RPG. Honestly it feels like RDR but with swords and spells.

It's pretty good. Combat plateaus after a bit but I found the world and characters compelling enough that I didn't care.

Unsolicited advice but there's a stretch where it drags a bit once you're in the big city. The pacing improves a lot if you can stick it out.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

never savescum disco elysium just go along with it even if you fail

SmokaDustbowl posted:

most of the time failing a roll is better than winning it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

nah you don't have to constantly mash a button to move faster than a leisurely stroll

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdblUnP3b8M

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

redline is good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

redline is good

:yeah:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
beat halo infinite which turned out to be pretty fun. I was afraid the open world aspect would turn it into a slog a la assassin's creed but they smartly didn't oversaturate the map with poo poo. no idea what was happening in the story but who cares it's halo. looking forward to co op fuckery when that's released

also beat deedlit in wonder labyrinth, a fun if short metroidvania

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

redline is good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I've been up all night playing Disco Elysium. best game purchase in years.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've been up all night playing Disco Elysium. best game purchase in years.

lol welcome

this game will devour hours for breakfast. it’s so engrossing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I got The Persistence via PS+ and have been playing it albeit non-VR. it's got its hooks into me. it's sort of like system shock 2 but a roguelike with persistent upgrades. and dishonored teleporting. way better than it has any right to be lol