Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'd also like to ask Granny Deadmeat who's scum...he voted me for "being disrespectful" (last time I checked I'm just trying to keep this godforsaken neighborhood operating smoothly!)

You're the one slipping hard liquor into people's drinks, don't think I didn't notice :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what's the rwc case? i can't see sandwolf say much except the vote and voodoo thinks rwc is playing dumb i think?

is that it?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

No opinions on binus at all?

Wonder how long it'd take me to reprogram the big flashing lights...

I mean if it's me or binus of course I'm voting binus. I did tell myself I'd be a little nicer to him (I feel like I've picked on him a lot in the last few games I've been in) but like I said he has come in hot in this game, not quite his typical town self but maybe he's tired of being picked on.

hambeet posted:

what's the rwc case? i can't see sandwolf say much except the vote and voodoo thinks rwc is playing dumb i think?

is that it?

someone thought she was asking for "permission" to join a turbo. I didn't think RWC had played in that many games...apparently RWC is really pretty new, she's only played in 7 games so she may not have been in a game with a turbo before and was legitimately asking (I didn't bother to look at votefinder until just now).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yeah I don't want to vote minus. Maer and Clue are the only other people with more than one vote and I'd rather vote clue because I think that response to the turbo was sketch (Maer's "I will morally never vote a turbo" felt more legit, as did OA).

but honestly I'd probably vote most of you today so can we just consolidate on someone who isn't minus or maer?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'd vote Tobbs or Toal, has Moat posted at all other than at the beginning? I don't have any other strong scum reads at the moment.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway
Anyway
Get on the beers

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also I don't think clue was asking permission to join. I think clue was acting strange towards what was fairly obviously a fun thing to do headlined by a master poster with an impeccable visual case. Which would fit with a newer scum unfamiliar in how to handle a turbo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah I don't want to vote minus.

How are you so convinced he's legit, mate?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

How are you so convinced he's legit, mate?

gut?

scum minus over a holiday weekend could just ride total gut calls and fall back on established behavior. this feels like minus trying to parse the game, and while he is good enough to swap up his game as scum I think it feels honest townie right now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

these people adamant they're not voting X or Y player on day 1 is like, super weird.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm not going to vote whoever it is you're currently advocating for.

i'd say that's a new policy, but it already seems to be in play this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

gut?

scum minus over a holiday weekend could just ride total gut calls and fall back on established behavior. this feels like minus trying to parse the game, and while he is good enough to swap up his game as scum I think it feels honest townie right now.

He could have, but he got CALLED OUT!

So now, you ask me, ever since he tried to play it off like the spotlight had already passed over him, he's just been RUMBLED.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maybe. I’ve been wrong before but I don’t see it here.

If we can’t come together on someone else I’ll vote him but I think clue is a better vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Maybe. I’ve been wrong before but I don’t see it here.

If we can’t come together on someone else I’ll vote him but I think clue is a better vote.

for what's been said about rwc so far? i really don't think they are.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

Also I don't think clue was asking permission to join. I think clue was acting strange towards what was fairly obviously a fun thing to do headlined by a master poster with an impeccable visual case. Which would fit with a newer scum unfamiliar in how to handle a turbo.

One person full of themselves just stepped away, you don't need to fill his shoes that quickly ya know...

(Didn't she just ask what is a turbo? No one really bothered to explain it and I don't think that's a strange question from a newer player. I didn't know why Sand was picked either until later).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

One person full of themselves just stepped away, you don't need to fill his shoes that quickly ya know...

(Didn't she just ask what is a turbo? No one really bothered to explain it and I don't think that's a strange question from a newer player. I didn't know why Sand was picked either until later).

Have a better option?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t want to vote toalp for very meta reasons if that is your better option.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah I see your impeccable visual case but why is it a fun thing to do? That is what I was asking. I mean obviously you picked Sandwolf becuase none of the other sand people are in this game. But in case I haven't mentioned it I am often the one asking "why is that joke funny?" so it's probably just me.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Also I thought you had to turbo the player before they posted. But hey, it's Calvinball I guess.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'd vote RWC if they were the only likely person today, but they're trailing the pack with half the game already voting binus or maer (in total), who are also my top two picks for today.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Or maybe I picked sand because he was bitching about the deadline and wanting a short day, then went looking for images I found when I googled turbo wolf and turbo sand.

I can’t say if you are the type that often asks why the joke is funny. Maybe. I don’t have a better case right now though so what felt like an awkward response to me is what I have.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so now voodoo doesn't want to vote maer, binus or toal.

i feel you're naming more "wouldn'ts" than you are naming "woulds"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Or maybe I picked sand because he was bitching about the deadline and wanting a short day, then went looking for images I found when I googled turbo wolf and turbo sand.

I can’t say if you are the type that often asks why the joke is funny. Maybe. I don’t have a better case right now though so what felt like an awkward response to me is what I have.

fwiw I believe this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll vote anyone

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Also I can’t really see why holding this back hurts.

Cena has run modular roles in his last couple games so the sand watch/track would fit.
I’m assuming scum also have modular roles (I don’t really remember if they did in the last game but I think so)
As such I’m assuming toalp’s “why is someone claiming two roles getting a pass” is probably a vanilla townie response to first encountering those roles. If toalp was scum I think they would have responded differently.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

so now voodoo doesn't want to vote maer, binus or toal.

i feel you're naming more "wouldn'ts" than you are naming "woulds"

I’d vote you

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

I mean that's fine but that doesn't really say whether or not you think they are scum here. Do you think their answers / behavior have been weird or does Toal seem town to you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

Cena has run modular roles in his last couple games so the sand watch/track would fit.
I’m assuming scum also have modular roles (I don’t really remember if they did in the last game but I think so)
As such I’m assuming toalp’s “why is someone claiming two roles getting a pass” is probably a vanilla townie response to first encountering those roles. If toalp was scum I think they would have responded differently.

if toal was a newbie, but they're not.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

I’d vote you

saying 'i'd vote nearly anyone' does not contradict 'i don't want to vote x, y or z' because you can look like you're remaining open to different votes, but in reality you are going out of your way to rule people out from being scummy on a day 1 vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

if toal was a newbie, but they're not.

What does being new have to do with questioning a type of role that is very uncommon outside of cena’s games?

Because going “he claimed two roles what the hell” seems like a fairly seasoned response in a vacuum.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

What does being new have to do with questioning a type of role that is very uncommon outside of cena’s games?

Because going “he claimed two roles what the hell” seems like a fairly seasoned response in a vacuum.

because you're making some weird assumption that toal has never played a cena game and only you have or something?

it's arguments like this that i hate meta casing / defending.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

Ah okay you kind of answered my question. I thought this same thing too but I couldn't think of how to explain it, it actually made me look at Toal unfavorably (maybe they didn't play in a Cena game though).

Although saying you would vote beet is very odd, I think beet is scum hunting too so I don't get the reaction here.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Put it another way: I agreed with toalp about sands claim until I remembered this was a Cena game and the modular roles.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toal definitely wouldn’t be thrown off by the modular role thing, far more likely she would have forgotten that Cena’s done things like this before.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like wow, let's go trawl votefinder to prove if toalpaz has or has not played a cena game. why would you bother going to so much effort to defend another player's reasoning based on how a mod makes his roles?

how is that beneficial for town to do because your whole premise could be flawed and gently caress town over in a game?

why?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Toal definitely wouldn’t be thrown off by the modular role thing, far more likely she would have forgotten that Cena’s done things like this before.

ugh

this argument is dumb.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

because you're making some weird assumption that toal has never played a cena game and only you have or something?

it's arguments like this that i hate meta casing / defending.

No I think it was an honest response to sands claim and whether they have played and didn’t remember or haven’t played is besides the point.

If toalp was scum I think it’s likely they already know there are modular roles in this game and wouldn’t have responded like that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay we’ve gotten to the root of why Voodoo won’t vote Toal can we move on

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Okay we’ve gotten to the root of why Voodoo won’t vote Toal can we move on

no, i'm having fun dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen