Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

No, you see gym is a decent man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

BasicLich posted:

i've seen gooncrawl but it was too much for me lotta weird poo poo in it whats kimchicrawl like

kimchi adds more weird poo poo, really weird gods like the self-poisoning one, and everything new is in badly translated korean to english

all the "weird poo poo" in gooncrawl is stuff that's been axed from mainline crawl for no reason other than the developers suck

as an example, they removed hunger as a mechanic

and when someone pointed out "hey you could now just idle as a xom worshipper until he gives you all the good mutations and then sleepwalk to victory" which is about as fun as watching paint peel, they re-added hunger

except instead of hunger, it's an invisible doom counter that you can't interact with or pause and instead of making your life suck, it just kills you outright

good game design

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
let's go branson

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

kimchi adds more weird poo poo, really weird gods like the self-poisoning one, and everything new is in badly translated korean to english

all the "weird poo poo" in gooncrawl is stuff that's been axed from mainline crawl for no reason other than the developers suck

as an example, they removed hunger as a mechanic

and when someone pointed out "hey you could now just idle as a xom worshipper until he gives you all the good mutations and then sleepwalk to victory" which is about as fun as watching paint peel, they re-added hunger

except instead of hunger, it's an invisible doom counter that you can't interact with or pause and instead of making your life suck, it just kills you outright

good game design

lmao god drat that sucks

idk why people gotta keep developing a game after its already good. just stop. you're only gonna gently caress it up.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
fun story from work tonight

I was getting dinner real quick from panda express and there was this maybe 40 year old beardo causing a ruckus about the kitchen staff touching food with their bare hands. When me and the guy behind me walked in he was clearly going over it again, rehashing it for the people who showed up in the middle of his show.

The manager, some old asian fella finally says to him very politely "Sir, we have already offered you a refund could you please accept it and go" the guy yells out "it's not about the money for me, I'm about to leave in a Mercedes Benz!"

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
every time I've pissed off like 80% of the people here by creeping on them or otherwise being narcissistic, I've found that when I gently caress off for at least a week and then figure out how to post things people will find interesting instead of offputting, it tends to repair a lot of the damage.

also, tonight my co-worker tried to convince me he'd only been on break for 10 minutes when it had already been 20. solidarity doesn't work when you make your comrades take their break late because you want to turn a 15 into a 30.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
pee

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

i've been ignoring a lot of his bullshit but I think it's time to go to war

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
kill me first plz

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
everytime i get busy and am two deep with guests they literally look like last of us infected especially if theyre drunk

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

erosion posted:

every time I've pissed off like 80% of the people here by creeping on them or otherwise being narcissistic, I've found that when I gently caress off for at least a week and then figure out how to post things people will find interesting instead of offputting, it tends to repair a lot of the damage.

what

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
the philosophy of posting

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
peepee poo poo cum poo poo piss gently caress you

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Buddykins posted:

everytime i get busy and am two deep with guests they literally look like last of us infected especially if theyre drunk

Buddykins, do you ever wonder if you've accidentally been hired to work at a Vampire Blood Den like in the movie Blade?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
they are too rich and white to be underground vampires

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
too tan

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

erosion posted:

i've been ignoring a lot of his bullshit but I think it's time to go to war

sure, you could start an offensive but you might be able to parley it into 15 addt'l minutes of your own where they watch your back and a mutually incriminating agreement like that would cement such a relationship

if anyone's like "are you forming an organized crime syndicate at work?" you can just say "no we're bathroom buddies, we both have problems with having to go to the bathroom so we support one another and make sure the job gets done, no pun intended."

but yeah if they cross you its time for war

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
i challenge you to posting combat

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
I yield

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tootan

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tootin

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

BasicLich posted:

sure, you could start an offensive but you might be able to parley it into 15 addt'l minutes of your own where they watch your back and a mutually incriminating agreement like that would cement such a relationship

if anyone's like "are you forming an organized crime syndicate at work?" you can just say "no we're bathroom buddies, we both have problems with having to go to the bathroom so we support one another and make sure the job gets done, no pun intended."

but yeah if they cross you its time for war

this is like when youre going to the restroom with a buddy to do blow

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
tueneo

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
tru;mek

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
dourl tueoe

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol yeah

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

i have a problem with being excessively horny and narcissistic, among other issues. I'm aware of this and I'm working on it.

sometimes I get a little excited and post badly, and consequences ensue.

I find that if I back off my bullshit and try not to be an rear end in a top hat, people tend to be pretty forgiving.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://youtube.com/shorts/wwbHabraFYY?feature=share

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

there's Good inside each of us, dear erosion. we just have to want it. it's a road and you have to walk it. and when you walk that path, there's Joy in your Heart. and others know that and welcome you. because there's Good in us All

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

erosion posted:

i have a problem with being excessively horny and narcissistic, among other issues. I'm aware of this and I'm working on it.

sometimes I get a little excited and post badly, and consequences ensue.

I find that if I back off my bullshit and try not to be an rear end in a top hat, people tend to be pretty forgiving.

rub one out before posting and you should be fine

this thread already has a dedicated horny poster, Pypy, and that's already too much

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

DryGoods posted:

there's Good inside each of us, dear erosion. we just have to want it. it's a road and you have to walk it. and when you walk that path, there's Joy in your Heart. and others know that and welcome you. because there's Good in us All

that loving kicks rear end

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

now, since I just finished the week from hell at work, what should I play to unwind?

I have 2 $20 steam gift cards and a core 2 duo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

erosion posted:

now, since I just finished the week from hell at work, what should I play to unwind?

I have 2 $20 steam gift cards and a core 2 duo

The xpiratez mod for openXcom

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
hey DryGoods, you disappeared earlier this year for like 6 months. my guess was that you were recalled back to Quanitico for additional psyops training. others were saying you took part in the Myanmar coup

anyway, glad your back :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pxM__lHyv8