Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
For a moment I was really confused about which thread I was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do not respect the kink and do not do you

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Mellow_ posted:

If that wasn't bad enough, of course it gets more specific.

There's no S grade, what kind of half-assed weebery is this?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'll just look in the thread to see if New World has gotten any better well I just learned what the stocking-mini skirt gap is called and how it's graded so that answers that I'll check back in a few more months

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Y'all know damned well that fashion options are the best indicator of a good MMO.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
those fashion options are mainly for perverts, not the people who wear them

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is why under my glorious dictatorship of future etenity everyone will be forced to wear nothing but blue boilersuits and rubber solved safety boots.

Well not me of course. I'll wear a bazillion made-up medals on my dinner jacket.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hakarne posted:

I'll just look in the thread to see if New World has gotten any better well I just learned what the stocking-mini skirt gap is called and how it's graded so that answers that I'll check back in a few more months

Yeah that, and Amazon is taking forever to release updates even though the game needs major tuning and updates yesterday.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Yeah that, and Amazon is taking forever to release updates even though the game needs major tuning and updates yesterday.

its amazon so they probably forced the devs to work in the warehouses during the christmas rush

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Sponsored by AMAZON PRIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfB3ll3oQs8

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

DancingShade posted:

This is why under my glorious dictatorship of future etenity everyone will be forced to wear nothing but blue boilersuits and rubber solved safety boots.

Well not me of course. I'll wear a bazillion made-up medals on my dinner jacket.

Sea Patrol founder discovered.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Robo Reagan posted:

its amazon so they probably forced the devs to work in the warehouses during the christmas rush

non-zero chance that there's a big morale spiral/proverbial traffic jam around the resume printer holding things up, too

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I miss the New World messes. Someone please cause another New World mess.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So since Dungeon Orbs are limited and bosses give out expertise increases, Dungeon runs are getting sold. So you craft an orb, invite people, use your orb, leave the dungeon so they can replace you and each person pays you 10k Gold.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game is sitting at 112,000+ people playing right now. That is still a significant drop from 90 days ago where it launched at 950,000+ players, but it's also not the sinking ship that people think this MMO is either. This is still in the top 5 most played Steam games.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So since Dungeon Orbs are limited and bosses give out expertise increases, Dungeon runs are getting sold. So you craft an orb, invite people, use your orb, leave the dungeon so they can replace you and each person pays you 10k Gold.

What the heck!!!

Before that one guy like four threads ago self-immolated I laughed at him for suggesting the game could have a "key [orb] based economy". But he was right! I'm sorry guy I was wrong. I could never have predicted just how dumb this game would be! You knew and we didn't listen!!!

:orb: :orb: :orb:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
You can only craft one orb each for the 2 main dungeons a week. That's a problem along with the huge sink in materials to craft them.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

You can only craft one orb each for the 2 main dungeons a week. That's a problem along with the huge sink in materials to craft them.

You also need like 200 Stone cutting?

Oh and the guaranteed expertise increases can happen on a slot you can no longer get an increase, which means you can end up paying for a dungeon run and get.. Nothing.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 28, 2021

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

150 stone cutting for Lazarus.

200 stonecutting to make runestone. Unless you completely craft the runestone from scratch, on my server it's cheaper to buy the runestones.
That's about 700g in runestone for genesis and 1400g for laz.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Oh and the guaranteed expertise increases can happen on a slot you can no longer get an increase, which means you can end up paying for a dungeon run and get.. Nothing.

I wouldn't say nothing. It's a chance to get a drop 590+ drop that might be sellable or useable. That's part of the point of running them at high expertise levels.

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 28, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
its more than just the orbs, if you have 200 in a refining skill you can make pretty good bank selling your crafting cooldowns too

to this day I still get people asking me if they can use my cooldowns and I have to explain to them "I am not on your server and also dont have the game installed"

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Game is sitting at 112,000+ people playing right now. That is still a significant drop from 90 days ago where it launched at 950,000+ players, but it's also not the sinking ship that people think this MMO is either. This is still in the top 5 most played Steam games.

With no monthly sub, how many are bots? Honest question.

Probably needs a bit of statistical analysis to figure out what percentage never logs out.

Hot take though: Player count does not make a game good.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

I wouldn't say nothing. It's a chance to get a drop 590+ drop that might be sellable or useable. That's part of the point of running them at high expertise levels.

But as I understand it, doesn't that reward the people who got their increases pre patch, and gently caress over people that just started?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ranzear posted:

With no monthly sub, how many are bots? Honest question.

Probably needs a bit of statistical analysis to figure out what percentage never logs out.

who is scraeming "LOG OUT" at my house. show yourself, coward. I am a bot i will never log out

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

cosmicjim posted:

You can't sell the bind on pickup legs that you want to drop 590+ and everything else isnt worth anything

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Lol if you say so

Let’s see what happens when they put the squeeze to them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rexicon1 posted:

Lol if you say so

Let’s see what happens when they put the squeeze to them

I don't need to say so, it's literally a fact that can be confirmed right here https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

atlas is doing fine and hiring new devs at like 3k players, b2p games really dont have much overhead post-launch

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Meme Poker Party posted:

What the heck!!!

Before that one guy like four threads ago self-immolated I laughed at him for suggesting the game could have a "key [orb] based economy". But he was right! I'm sorry guy I was wrong. I could never have predicted just how dumb this game would be! You knew and we didn't listen!!!

:orb: :orb: :orb:

At launch, this guy on my server was already trying to do this for the starter dungeon and he was ridiculed beyond belief. Beyond the ridicule, some people were thanking him and others were reporting him for failing to deliver (per their claims in general chat), I honestly don't know which was the truth. Either way I thought it was the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

I guess he was a pioneer of this stupid loving game. Glad it was yet another red flag I successfully acknowledged.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ad by Khad posted:

atlas is doing fine and hiring new devs at like 3k players, b2p games really dont have much overhead post-launch

shut up bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

But as I understand it, doesn't that reward the people who got their increases pre patch, and gently caress over people that just started?

I counted 7 expertise increases when I did genesis earlier this week. I don’t think doing the dungeons are worthless for any expertise level, but I do think orb requirements are still a little bonkers.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
This games on sale again and keeps people around for the first 10 hours itll do just fine number wise for a little while longer until it hits 50% off this summer and that will keep momentum up. Are there any big game releases coming up next year?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This games on sale again and keeps people around for the first 10 hours itll do just fine number wise for a little while longer until it hits 50% off this summer and that will keep momentum up. Are there any big game releases coming up next year?

Lost Ark

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Barreft posted:

shut up bitch

rude

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

2DCAT posted:

Lost Ark

Yeah this. February 11th cant come soon enough.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don’t understand why dungeons have to be locked behind orbs. Other games let you run dungeons as long as you have time and willing people.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

LuckyCat posted:

I don’t understand why dungeons have to be locked behind orbs. Other games let you run dungeons as long as you have time and willing people.

Probably because someone at amazon isn't calling them dungeons. But raids. Five man raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Time gating dungeons is pretty common - for example in TBC classic you can only run the “heroic” versions of dungeons once a day, and the raids once a week.

The difference is those other games are fun to play