Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Local church carries Lavazza for $9.45/kilo PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
drat, are all the kirkland signature crew neck sweatshirts gone? They don’t seem to be on the site

And no 32 degree base layers in small :argh:

Still gonna cop a puzzle tho

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I can't believe it, fam. But I got food poisoning from a Costco hot dog.

The biggest betrayal.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Food poisoning can set in extremely quickly or with a fairly long delay, depending on which kind.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Geodude posted:

I can't believe it, fam. But I got food poisoning from a Costco hot dog.

The biggest betrayal.

You lacked faith

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco can only BE failed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Return your faulty stomach to customer service. They have a great return policy on broken products.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Did they change the dinner rolls? I got some yesterday after a few months and they're definitely smaller and I think less of them per bag.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I bet they just under proofed them. It's the same recipe

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/Breaking_4_News/status/1476649720894435328
https://twitter.com/Thoff821/status/1476646884206800914
:ohdear:

goochtit fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 30, 2021

Legato
Jul 7, 2004

Un cave troll espectacular!
Just bought a treadmill on costco.com because it supposedly includes free shipping AND assembly. Between that and the warranty extension for throwing it on the Costco visa I should be set. I am a bit concerned because the listing actually misspells the item's name, but hey, that's just human error.

Had a pretty great experience with whoever they contracted out to deliver a washer and dryer earlier this year, here's hoping they're as good/fast as putting this thing together.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I listened to the local fire command scanner and there are multiple homes in the area fully involved now. It sounds really bad.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Legato posted:

Just bought a treadmill on costco.com because it supposedly includes free shipping AND assembly. Between that and the warranty extension for throwing it on the Costco visa I should be set. I am a bit concerned because the listing actually misspells the item's name, but hey, that's just human error.

Had a pretty great experience with whoever they contracted out to deliver a washer and dryer earlier this year, here's hoping they're as good/fast as putting this thing together.

By far the most difficult part will be actually using it and not using it as a Kirkland brand clothes hanger.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

How would those who lost their homes have been able to rebuild without Costco? Thankfully it will be there to help.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Bought a battery lawnmower at Costco about 5 years ago. It worked great for a few years then last year it started shutting off periodically in a really annoying way. It's warranty is long expired so I started looking to buy a replacement this winter when I got an email from Costco the other day:

Truly blessed. I get a few hundred bucks towards a new mower and I'll keep the battery that works with my trimmer and leaf blower :pray:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Not only do they still have Costco puzzles at my local warehouse they are marked down to $7.99.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

large hands posted:

Bought a battery lawnmower at Costco about 5 years ago. It worked great for a few years then last year it started shutting off periodically in a really annoying way. It's warranty is long expired so I started looking to buy a replacement this winter when I got an email from Costco the other day:

Truly blessed. I get a few hundred bucks towards a new mower and I'll keep the battery that works with my trimmer and leaf blower :pray:

And also, the blade never detached and severed your Achilles! Bonus.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Hooray!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

The Walrus posted:

nor anyone elses, some Costco Loving Canuck was like "oh that's weird eh?" and they recalled them all! PBUC

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i cannot stop eating tru fru. why are the bags so big!! gently caress!!! So delicious!!!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

The Walrus posted:

Depending on the settlement I could be willing to undergo a lawnmower partial dismemberment...

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Chinatown posted:

How would those who lost their homes have been able to rebuild without Costco? Thankfully it will be there to help.

The house I grew up in is 7.1 miles away from that costco, I remember when the Lowes went in and then the Costco in that location.

Yeah it actually looks like the fire's northernmost part is about 2 miles south of that house.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 1, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pseudanonymous posted:

The house I grew up in is 7.1 miles away from that costco, I remember when the Lowes went in and then the Costco in that location.

Yeah it actually looks like the fire's northernmost part is about 2 miles south of that house.

Its insanely awful. I shopped there during college at CU many times. A blessed slice of the earth. I'm at a loss for the good people up the hill on the 36. I hate it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Which one of you is this?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Notre Dame burned, Costco didn't.

I think we see what the real church is, here.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GORDON posted:

new thread title

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I'm a single dude. No space for a chest freezer, plus it's an old house, all my breakers would probably trip. And I'm absolutely terrible with crowds. But I'm jealous of all of you.

Is the membership worth it, if I just did online? I fear it's not.

I've followed this thread like a hawk, just to live vicariously

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

thathonkey posted:

new thread title

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

blight rhino posted:

I'm a single dude. No space for a chest freezer, plus it's an old house, all my breakers would probably trip. And I'm absolutely terrible with crowds. But I'm jealous of all of you.

I've followed this thread like a hawk, just to live vicariously

Freezers don't use poo poo for power my dude

astral
Apr 26, 2004

blight rhino posted:

Costco.com is still over a decade behind the times and does not seem to be their priority vs. in-store. If you want a good online warehouse club, Sam's Club offers a ton of promotions on the basic membership (full basic membership fee back as a gift card, more than that back as uber credits, or an extremely discounted membership on groupon) and the Plus upgrade gives you free shipping.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GORDON posted:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

astral posted:

Costco.com is still over a decade behind the times and does not seem to be their priority vs. in-store. If you want a good online warehouse club, Sam's Club offers a ton of promotions on the basic membership (full basic membership fee back as a gift card, more than that back as uber credits, or an extremely discounted membership on groupon) and the Plus upgrade gives you free shipping.

Except Sam's is owned by Walmart, and gently caress ever giving them money.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

GORDON posted:

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

binge crotching posted:

Except Sam's is owned by Walmart, and gently caress ever giving them money.

:emptyquote:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

astral posted:

It baffles me just how behind Costco is on a lot of things. They only just started pushing their online store like six years ago, and big surprise, they saw an immediate 30% increase in online sales. And their in store system is the same archaic AS400 system they've been using for like 30 years. They just refuse to spend money on improving anything unless they absolutely have to.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

It baffles me just how behind Costco is on a lot of things. They only just started pushing their online store like six years ago, and big surprise, they saw an immediate 30% increase in online sales. And their in store system is the same archaic AS400 system they've been using for like 30 years. They just refuse to spend money on improving anything unless they absolutely have to.

Honestly their brand is so solid they don't have to. During the peak panic buying of 2020, there were lines around the building at every Costco but if I went by Sam's Club there was no line and usually still have paper goods.

The self checkouts seem like the only recent thing that isn't exactly working because they just bought the standard supermarket "place item on scale" units instead of a stand up kiosk that has a handheld scanner so you can just scan the entire cart in a few seconds.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I used the self checkout exactly once and when I realized I couldn’t scan my 100 pounds of water bottles I said gently caress it and never used it again.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Bum the Sad posted:

I used the self checkout exactly once and when I realized I couldn’t scan my 100 pounds of water bottles I said gently caress it and never used it again.

They need the Home Depot style of having the gun at each register and letting you scan your stuff in the cart. Sometimes the attendant comes over and scans with their gun, but I always have everything barcode up in my cart and could be super efficient on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
What Costco needs for the self checkout is to just copy Home Depot's setup top to bottom.