Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
what movie is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

clown shoes posted:

what movie is that?

Dear Evan Hansen

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Barudak posted:

Mr. Anderson, what good is a rupee going to do you if you don't have a wallet?

Missster Anderson, you can never defeat Ganondorf. He lives forever on the blockchain.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CURSE YOU ZELDA! CURSE YOU SAGES!!.. CURSE YOU Mr. Anderson!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dispatch is up.

January!

Episode 586 — Free Guy

Episode 587 — Space Jam: A New Legacy

Episode 588 — Infinite (2021)

Episode 589 — The Eternals

Patreon Episodes:
(
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Dune (2021)

Animation Damnation — Little Ellen: "Best Laid Plains" (s1, e1) & "NOLA Confidential" (s1, e10)

The Nexus: TOS: "Spock's Brain" (s3 e1) TNG: "The Vengeance Factor" (s3, e9)

Gleep Glossary: Dengar

Melr0210: 90210: "Necessity is a Mother" (s2, e10) Melrose Place: "Carpe Diem" (s1, e30)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Edit: curse you, AceOfFlames you literally beat me by seconds.

Pumped for WLM ep, and jesus I knew the industry had started dumping movies onto streaming but I had zero clue was 588 was until I googled it (despite people up thread mentioning it, it clearly went in one ear and out the other because I didn't even register it then) and after watching a trailer--to quote Andrew--that is stupid city.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cael posted:

Edit: curse you, AceOfFlames you literally beat me by seconds.

Pumped for WLM ep, and jesus I knew the industry had started dumping movies onto streaming but I had zero clue was 588 was until I googled it (despite people up thread mentioning it, it clearly went in one ear and out the other because I didn't even register it then) and after watching a trailer--to quote Andrew--that is stupid city.
Yeah, I hadn't even seen the trailer for that one either until a minute ago. Looks real dumb!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Infinite is truly some horrendous poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

MariusLecter posted:

Was playing Ocarina of Time while listening to The Matrix episode and started voicing Sheik as Agent Smith. If it'd been earlier I would have definitely done it for that god drat owl.

I'm pretty sure this is how my brothers and I watched the movie for the first time when I came out on VHS.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The Eternals is a worst of?

Seems a bit much.

Definitely enough there to make a good roast but even if I was set on a Marvel movie for a worst of I'd pick Black Widow over The Eternals.

Also kind of wacky as they've spent the last like year complaining about the lack of real sets and loving in the MCU and the one that finally delivers those things is the one they're gonna dunk on?

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 2, 2022

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I was 100% sure Dear Evan Hassan was a shoe in and now I'm sad.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Zurtilik posted:

The Eternals is a worst of?

Seems a bit much.

Definitely enough there to make a good roast but even if I was set on a Marvel movie for a worst of I'd pick Black Widow over The Eternals.

Also kind of wacky as they've spent the last like year complaining about the lack of real sets and loving in the MCU and the one that finally delivers those things is the one they're gonna dunk on?

The Eternals is realllllllly bad. Black Widow was bad but at least that has David Harbour and Florence Pugh being somewhat entertaining.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

JT Smiley posted:

I was 100% sure Dear Evan Hassan was a shoe in and now I'm sad.

That’s a good point. Why was (I think it was) Steve watching that piece of poo poo if not for Worst Of?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I feel like the recent Worst ofs always have one movie that's just kinda mediocre instead of unwatchable. At the very least I'm glad we're getting a Mortal Kombat episode, cause that movie was awful.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I mean they've said it themselves a few times, these are the movies they think will make the most entertaining episodes more than being a strict best/worst. It's why they picked Venom a few years back, it was more mediocre than bad but let them make what they thought would be a more entertaining episode.

I also imagine Dear Evan Hanson didn't make the cut because honestly its a pretty boring movie that wouldn't gel that much with the guys (who don't do a lot of musical stuff) and the broader subject matter is just sort of depressing and not handled well.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 3, 2022

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

That’s a good point. Why was (I think it was) Steve watching that piece of poo poo if not for Worst Of?

Lost a bet?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The first episode of Boba Fett was so bland that a good portion of their recap is just making up a Behind the Music episode for Max Rebo. It rules

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

I feel like the recent Worst ofs always have one movie that's just kinda mediocre instead of unwatchable. At the very least I'm glad we're getting a Mortal Kombat episode, cause that movie was awful.

We are? It wasn't in the list.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AceOfFlames posted:

We are? It wasn't in the list.

It's the 1/14 virtual live show

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

It's gonna be a special online live episode on the 10th, like Rambo: Last Blood and Terminator: Noob Saibot

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Marin Karin posted:

The first episode of Boba Fett was so bland that a good portion of their recap is just making up a Behind the Music episode for Max Rebo. It rules

I mean the latter is what True Fans really want from future Star Wars projects

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The first Mortal Kombat episode is how I sold my wife on the show after that she couldn't get enough.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

It's the 1/14 virtual live show

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Jenny Nicholson has a good video about Dear Evan Hansen:
https://youtu.be/8quWUSZCW5g

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It should be noted for those not familiar - the 40-year-old sweaty man in that screenshot is supposed to be a 17-year-old boy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol :psyduck: thank you that context definitely helps

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know which episode has the joke “Wait, am I the wife in an action movie?!” That popped into my head this morning and I’m 90% sure it’s from WHM.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

That's from Timecop.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thank you, gonna re-listen to that tonight.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I watched Cobra Kai S4 and it got me to go re-listen to their Karate Kid shows which crack me up.

I wonder if they've considered doing a Patreon on it in the vein of Melr0210 or something because that would get me to pony up for a higher tier. I think.

Hey, Mistah Mee-yahhh-gi, Beep, bop, boom, bow, bam, boop bow!!!!

S4 even gave us a Mrs. Larusso sighting.

Shaaaannnggg...ri...laaaaa....

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BiggerBoat posted:

I watched Cobra Kai S4 and it got me to go re-listen to their Karate Kid shows which crack me up.

I wonder if they've considered doing a Patreon on it in the vein of Melr0210 or something because that would get me to pony up for a higher tier. I think.

Hey, Mistah Mee-yahhh-gi, Beep, bop, boom, bow, bam, boop bow!!!!

S4 even gave us a Mrs. Larusso sighting.

Shaaaannnggg...ri...laaaaa....

I don't really know if it's necessary. Cobra Kai is already self-aware and in on every single joke it makes. Most of the content they discuss Is not, which is why it's funny.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't really know if it's necessary. Cobra Kai is already self-aware and in on every single joke it makes. Most of the content they discuss Is not, which is why it's funny.

That's true. It already leans pretty hard into its self parody. I think I'm just greedy because I like all three of their Karate Kid episodes. Actually four because they did one on the cartoon

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

They did The Next Karate Kid ages ago as well.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Marin Karin posted:

They did The Next Karate Kid ages ago as well.

Oh cool I missed that one. I think they did the remake too now that I think about it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This Where's Waldo tangent in the Free Guy episode rules :allears:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

dorium posted:

Infinite is truly some horrendous poo poo.
It's horrific. I think the others are Fun Bad or at least have a lot of material to joke about but this is a wretched action movie full of exposition from a poorly adapted novel. I had it at 75 of 78 for the year.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm honestly surprised that Matrix (although this would be a WLM from their letterboxd), Spider Man, or Ghostbusters made the list, given how recently they did episodes on their predecessors.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's horrific. I think the others are Fun Bad or at least have a lot of material to joke about but this is a wretched action movie full of exposition from a poorly adapted novel. I had it at 75 of 78 for the year.

...did you rank 78 movies last year?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I think the guys are 'old man crankier' then they used to be (still funny, though), but Cabin's "Why mess with tradition" when referring to a jerk off sock REALLY got me. Holy poo poo. They barely reacted to that line, but it was like....line of the ep for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

...did you rank 78 movies last year?
Only the new releases. It's not thoughtful analysis I just log and slot movies in as I watch them.