Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There's no way they'll gently caress up the response again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Hekk posted:

It sure would be a terrible thing if a bunch of lucrative middle class wage earning jobs with a pension system and excellent benefits opened up to vaccinated Americans. It’d also be :discoursechef: to see a bunch of antivax idiots lose their retirements because they are selfish assholes who can’t follow simple instructions.

This isn't a thing anymore, the boomers in the post office union pulled the ladder up behind them 20 years ago just like in every other union job left.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Baconroll posted:

From the dodgy electrical wiring from the solar ?

He's started ordering upgrades. There's 10kw of 48v LiFePO4 batteries coming in february, a Growatt inverter/controller locally, and panels are cheap compared to a decade ago. Power will be fixed for him this spring, and I'll pay to add another 10kw of storage before I break ground.

I probably won't break ground until summer '23, since I'll be building from savings and no one will want to insure my hempcrete house of doom anyhow. This year's priorities for me are land, earthworks for driveway and homesite, septic install and batteries. Next year will be lumber, a 40 foot container of hemp hurds, and a shitload of lime.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Eh hopefully he dies. Dude has the blood of tens of thousands on his hands.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1479101520192757768

Biden's daring :smugdon: to come out and say something stupid. Troll Biden > Troll Fuhrer.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1479101520192757768

Biden's daring :smugdon: to come out and say something stupid. Troll Biden > Troll Fuhrer.

He totally is baiting Trump into doing/saying something stupid.

Also, did anyone else feel that speech should be better? Was it just me? Was it the delivery? It just felt...flat. The right words were said, but it just didn't "feel" like a good speech.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe we should go ahead and fence off Florida now, while we can. Let people come and go, but when a world ending superbug is bred there, we need to have gates in place we can lock. And I wouldn't put it past a place like Gainseville to accidentally create a species ending virus that's equal parts covid and budweiser.

We can sell it as protection for florida, as opposed to protection from florida. DeSantis would probably have his own special national guard out there to help.

Sorry floridians, we can't risk the spread later. Get out now, or at least before the glaciers melt.

/\ Speech was very meh. I made it about ten minutes before fading out and reaching for the dab rig.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bored As gently caress posted:

Eh hopefully he dies. Dude has the blood of tens of thousands on his hands.

The most high-profile case of gently caress Around and Find Out since Trump himself?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trump hasn't really found out yet. He's blissfully floating on the convictions of others.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Trump was supposed to give a speech today but apparently called it off a few days ago.

Mara Liasson apparently said Biden was on "a fool's errand" to change the political landscape. I haven't heard the speech yet, but for a senior NPR person to say that is pretty damning and not with faint praise.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
It was a very meh speech, even for its contents.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CBJSprague24 posted:

The most high-profile case of gently caress Around and Find Out since Trump himself?

None of these people are dying because they aren't true believers. They're vaccinated and boosted and they're getting the highest end treatments during their blood transfusions with virgin blood.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

species ending virus that's equal parts covid and budweiser.

:911:
The most American plague

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's a speech. Call me when the justice department does something meaningful.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I don't get tired of these.

https://twitter.com/daithaigilbert/status/1479113317503299587?t=7bhFOliogdTBbIgLU0WmRQ&s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Was gonna call him a coward for going back on his promise but it turns out they brought him to the hospital unconscious

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/daithaigilbert/status/1479115924187717638

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dril always bats 1.000

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That's the thing: You can be sad he had to die, you can be sad his family has to deal with it, you can very much gloat that he will no longer being a walking plague bearer spreading misinformation about COVID.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

Dril always bats 1.000

Yea, you can certainly be an idiot that dies of covid because you where easily persuaded by some idiot and thats lamentable and grave dancing for that should be kept to a somber jig.

If you're one of the idiots trying to persuade other people not to get vaxed dancing should be unrestricted.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

So we lack a term for people who are at first willfully ignorant but then turns into genuine ignorance, right?

It’s one thing to take a political stand but acknowledge reality (and get the shot. See: everyone at Fox News). It’s another to go from that early position to just believing the falsehood to be true.

Even death cultists at least acknowledge they are worshipping death.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thwomp posted:

So we lack a term for people who are at first willfully ignorant but then turns into genuine ignorance, right?

"Herman Cain Award Winner"?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Yo looks like Almaty is jumping off in a loving crazy way

https://twitter.com/gladstein/status/1479121779759017985

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Yeah, no, gently caress David Gilbert and gently caress this guy.

My immunocompromised mom, my immunocompromised kid, and my wife's immunocompromised patients are all at greater risk because of pieces of poo poo like this guy. People who did everything right are still dying because of dummies like this guy allowing unchecked community spread.

His death makes the world a better place. I would risk loving up my shoes by both pissing and dancing on his grave.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

stealie72 posted:

I would risk loving up my shoes by both pissing and dancing on his grave.

Sounds like a good use for Crocs.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yo looks like Almaty is jumping off in a loving crazy way

https://twitter.com/gladstein/status/1479121779759017985

https://twitter.com/realJeanRausis/status/1479122072546643975

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That is an amazing take. Holy poo poo.

Can we please just send bitcoin people to Mars now, before we invest in terraforming? They'd make rich fertilizer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:lol::lol::lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That is an amazing take. Holy poo poo.

Can we please just send bitcoin people to Mars now, before we invest in terraforming? They'd make rich fertilizer.

Only if good Ol' Musky is their pilot and everyone else agrees to go damnatio memoriae on his name when they're gone. Just some unsung, unknown pioneers that nobody remembers the names of who by golly they tried first but what a shame they just couldn't hack it in the new frontier.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The guy who posted the video is a journalist for Bitcoin Magazine (which sounds like the Most Cursed Publication Ever); it showed up on my timeline as a RT from someone more reliable.

Personally I hope that crypto kids and NFT stans melt down their 3080 arrays into bullets to be sent to the Kazakh opposition.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1479127869070663685?s=21

Concur

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hnngnnngghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/ArthurDelaneyHP/status/1479155239672496132

Not a loving week after I discovered this tweet
https://twitter.com/LinzDeFranco/status/1349737447622545411?s=20

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
And in many places, they're also a source of clean clothes, a source of take home food for the family, a source of social service navigation (especially for non English speaking families), and even a source of Healthcare.

A lot of the nonprofit safety net is accessible from schools, and maybe little Lynklyyn's mom can do her CPA job at home and help her learn, but there are millions of kids for whom that is not an option.

Extreme example:
I work with a youth organization that is in a lovely hood in a Midwestern city that is largely low income and immigrant/refugee. They started because kids had nowhere to go after school and since its tough for a Somali Muslim girl to just pop over to the after school program at the library, and mom and/or dad are working second and third shift trying to get by. So the kids are in gangs, selling drugs, selling themselves, and generally hosed up.

The year this org starts, there are 17 youth homicides in the neighborhood. The organization is massively successful, gets a bunch of kids involved, etc. In 2019, there were zero youth homicides.

Then covid hits and the state shuts down in 2020. The kids once again have nowhere to go, because schools are shut down, and the org is shut down.

In the less than 3 months the program was shut down, two of its kids are shot dead in two different incidents because they were back on the streets.

So yeah, for white liberals in Cambridge and Shaker Heights and Santa Monica "SHUT EM DOWN" makes sense. But for the kids in Dorchester, Cleveland, and Compton, its a loving disaster that we already saw play out once.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 6, 2022

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

like the man says, you do not in fact gotta hand it to them

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

one day I'll be a neoliberal with an ethnic/identity diverse group of friends who literally parrot my ideology so I can self-assuredly know I've done representation and the GOP will be so upset they stooped so low

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Imagine being Ilhan Omar or something and having to deal with this every day.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I remember as part of the 2016 campaign autopsy it was noted Clinton’s staff had annoyed Hamilton staff with excessive requests for comped tickets.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
School closings right now are basically a clusterfuck of discussion because everyone's more or less using talking points 9-12 months old and everyone's kinda right/wrong.

School closings suck and remote learning is garbage. Teachers don't want to get sick and are also out due to *getting* sick. Parents are hosed with all of this, ultrafucked if they're in the groups that stealie72 mentioned. Media/politicians have basically resorted to union-bashing as they take media hits from their homes.

Back in college, I was taught that only 30% of what the school controls contributes to a student's educational success. The rest of the 70% is all out of the school's control - do they have a place to sleep, are they getting food, do they get medical treatment, do they have to work just to keep the family afloat, do the parents help, and so on.

Woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Channel 5, the channel of the former host of All Gas, No Brakes, had an interview with the QAnon Shaman. It's...something.

https://youtu.be/Xwdkng6ZGp8