Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Anita Dickinme posted:

:wtc:

This is the biggest lol and lmao of this thread page. I would bet an entire paycheck on this being an automated system and no one actually checked your reasoning for being banned or the evidence.

It's been obvious from the start it's an automated system that's been abused to hell and back. It's also apparently managed by some third-party out-of-country company who pretty much immediately dumpsters every and all appeals. It's absolutely a valid reason to avoid the game like the plague, even if you don't mind all the other issues.

also lol and lmao: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVkCU8k6Plo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game really had it all drama wise

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Anita Dickinme posted:

It may not be a good game but I enjoy it which makes it a good game to me.

I think I read this in the Star Citizen thread once before as well.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I bought the game, tried it out. Game ran at 30-40fps in towns and I do not understand why. It was fine outdoors. Even in wow cities run just fine, even when everyone is there. I googled about it and it looks like it's a feature, so I refunded the game after 58 minutes of playtime :smith:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mellow_ posted:

I think I read this in the Star Citizen thread once before as well.

I was going to make a joke and say that was me but I can’t even joke about that “game”. :v:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Turambar posted:

Just logged in after a few days of inactivity.

I can't think of any reason for this. I don't chat, PVP, grief or do anything remotely shady as far as I know. Lvl 41 after about 70 hours.

Time to hit the Appeal Decision button.

unless you are lying

Lol lmao

this is worth at least 3 movie tickets by my estimation

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

eonwe posted:

GOTY for me

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

I don’t know. Was there ever a cloudsong-like meltdown? That would be completion for me. The last achievement if you will.

Pugzilla
Feb 25, 2011
Just purchased and installed the game to find all the servers are down. Not a great start.

Do the devs take the servers down often?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pugzilla posted:

Just purchased and installed the game to find all the servers are down. Not a great start.

They do more then just take the servers down lol and lmao.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Turambar posted:

Yes, although I was probably one of the only members that has been online the last couple of weeks due to general disinterest in the game. But they should be used to that :)

Don't have any mods installed or done any suspicious trading. I'm really baffled

edit:

lol and lmao

They won't even tell you what specifically they think they found? Just "oh you know what you did"?

I think AGS will be used as a case study for a company destroying themselves.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

LuckyCat posted:

I don’t know. Was there ever a cloudsong-like meltdown? That would be completion for me. The last achievement if you will.

Isn't this the fourth or third New World Thread after the first ones exploded into pointless guild-related drama?

Or must it be someone crying over not getting a piece of loot?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

People have to care about a game before they can care about its loot.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pugzilla posted:

Before the holidays they were taking the servers down weekly for maintenance so that may be it. Just couldn’t find anything online.

Or maybe it’s AGS being AGS :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LuckyCat posted:

Not exactly, but didn't goons have their city stolen and given to another allied guild, who then also had it stolen? Something like that anyway

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"No we will not explain anything to you" is a hilarious one-secret-trick that companies have caught on to in the US

It's so superbly hostile to the consumer

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

Not exactly, but didn't goons have their city stolen and given to another allied guild, who then also had it stolen? Something like that anyway

Yep

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

Anita Dickinme posted:

I was going to make a joke and say that was me but I can’t even joke about that “game”. :v:

I mean New World gave me 75hr of playtime according to Steam so it's no where near as bad as SC.

Still, lol and lmao

Pugzilla
Feb 25, 2011
So basically I bought a poo poo game with hit and miss servers... nice.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Just wait until myth of empires gets its case done and may get back on steam by the end of this month.

There will be more lols there.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pugzilla posted:

Don't feel bad, it's only a couple of movie tickets

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

sharknado slashfic posted:

Don't feel bad, it's only a couple of movie tickets

Sadly the two movies are Showgirls and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

Pugzilla posted:

If you read anything in this thread before buying the game, I dunno what to tell ya.

If you didn't, well... Geoff Bebos got another one.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Second ban appeal was rejected as well. Same form response, except the last line was altered slightly (in bold):

"We can’t share any further information about our decision, and we won’t reply to further emails about this issue."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Reply with gently caress YOU in bold and italics to show how serious you are

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a challenge to me

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Turambar posted:

Second ban appeal was rejected as well. Same form response, except the last line was altered slightly (in bold):

"We can’t share any further information about our decision, and we won’t reply to further emails about this issue."

Can you ask for a refund in this case? :v:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Turambar posted:

So you've already sent in appeal #3 right

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Turambar posted:

:rubby:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Going to bet the ban was meant for someone with a one letter different name than yours and someone just typoed in the ban field.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Welp, guess you'll have to buy the game again. The good news is, I think it's on sale!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Digital Prophet posted:

Welp, guess you'll have to buy the game again. The good news is, I think it's on sale!

Nah, the sale ended yesterday. Its back to full price.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Just ask someone to family share the game with you.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Pugzilla posted:

Just purchased and installed the game

:allears:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Sounds like they are adding M+ with difficulty ranging from 1-10 for expeditions. Despite the bugs and stuff this game adds content faster than most MMO launches I’ve seen in recent years, with pretty major updates every single month since release.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Reading the January PTR notes and I keep thinking that I had a lot more fun with this game when it sucked.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Ort posted:

Sounds like they are adding M+ with difficulty ranging from 1-10 for expeditions. Despite the bugs and stuff this game adds content faster than most MMO launches I’ve seen in recent years, with pretty major updates every single month since release.

Well if you start with zero content this logic is flawless!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Merrill Grinch posted:

Reading the January PTR notes and I keep thinking that I had a lot more fun with this game when it sucked.

there is legit a sweetspot in games sucking and being unbalanced where you can squeeze the most fun out of them while finding creative ways to sidestep the intended grinds/tedium and that usually completely dries up the second any real QA is done

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Leveling is way too slow in New World. The experience requirements per level needs to be decreased significantly, and the rewards for all quests needs to be increased significantly across the board. Quests also require too much running around with nothing to do in-between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Honestly there shouldn’t be any leveling since they got rid of scaling. Should just be weapon mastery in itself as progression.