Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CPColin posted:

I did this once and my previous boss was SCANDALIZED lol. Came into my office, shut the door, and gravely informed me there would be "a gap" between my self-rating and the one they gave me. I desperately wanted to interrupt and say I didn't give a poo poo about either my self-eval or their boss-eval.

"well boss, that's why we each are an individual. having an opinion is not a crime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Someone asked me to look into recording some mental health data yesterday and I found out that there's a diagnosis code for attempted suicide by trapping yourself in a refrigerator, T71.232A.

Apr 7, 2003

prior to 2016 I guess people didn't lock themselves in refrigerators

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Someone asked me to look into recording some mental health data yesterday and I found out that there's a diagnosis code for attempted suicide by attempting to trap yourself in a refrigerator, T71.232A.

submit a support ticket to change the glyph next to the u.s. flag into a fridge emoji

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't know the last time I've even seen a locking fridge outside a restaurant

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

for like a year i would come it work around 5:45-6:00, frequently having to wake up the security guard in the process to let me in. i would then get to enjoy like 3 hours of mostly empty office, shared by 1-2 fellow early rises arriving within an hour after me. and smugly gently caress off home at like 2pm
same, this was my routine pre covid and it ruled. cycling to work in zero traffic was very nice as well

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

why is self slf but death d/t

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

very few things could get me to work that early. the earliest job I ever had was at 7:30 and it was so bad I had them make me a 2nd shift role

Apr 7, 2003

that's 'due to' iirc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

same, this was my routine pre covid and it ruled. cycling to work in zero traffic was very nice as well

yeah it was great for my mood. decimated my somewhat online social life though, because most of my contacts are in earlier timezones, so i'd then go to bed when its 8pm for them

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

This is the only day I am absolutely refusing to work before or past my "scheduled shift" :toot:

Apr 7, 2003

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

that's 'due to' iirc

ok that would be more consistent i guess

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truman Peyote posted:

my girlfriend gets every third friday off. pretty sweet deal imo

she told me she gets off every day xD

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

prior to 2016 I guess people didn't lock themselves in refrigerators

Well yeah, because the CPR episode of Punky Brewster was fresh in our minds

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

do i read that one correctly, _second_ instance of getting sucked into a jet engine?

Apr 7, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do i read that one correctly, _second_ instance of getting sucked into a jet engine?

correct

Apr 7, 2003

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i mean i guess with your army and all that could be a thing happening. still lmao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

no ddoxing

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

one of the few benefits of being contract is the company policy of not allowing contracters to have email or teams on their phone

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

not like i look at it after 4 but still

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm sorry but the diagnosis is terminal

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I like to give myself every other friday off during the last few months of the year. Just a long enough gap between each for that "oh yeah, I'm done today and off tomorrow. Thanks, past self" feeling

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

a lot of my friends in nyc get 'summer fridays' where they get fridays off/half-days in the summer. wtf is that.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i try not to do any work on mondays and fridays just as a general principle.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Mondays I try to do more "me time" work like making sure everything's updated, work on some tooling, little QoL improvements, that sort of thing.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

maybe if you wrote good posts i'd read 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eh this is an ok burn but there are too many question marks for a joke about exaggeration

7/10

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

post hole digger posted:

a lot of my friends in nyc get 'summer fridays' where they get fridays off/half-days in the summer. wtf is that.

that’s not uncommon in europe. in latvia specifically many companies just have 6 hour fridays for the entire year

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

post hole digger posted:

i try not to do any work on mondays and fridays just as a general principle.

same but also tuesday, wednesday, and thursday as well

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PokeJoe posted:

Turn that poo poo on do not disturb and be a big annoying bitch when people ping through it

yup. if anyone hasn't played with the new ios focus settings you need to get on that asap. all my work apps functionally disappear the moment it hits 5 PM. it's like they don't exist

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

no capes!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yup. if anyone hasn't played with the new ios focus settings you need to get on that asap. all my work apps functionally disappear the moment it hits 5 PM. it's like they don't exist

same but instead of using focus, i just dont let work apps make notifications at all and only use them when i want them.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

if you put work poo poo on your phone you get what you deserve

if you have a separate work phone, condolences

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Share Bear posted:

I just lose that poo poo until it's my on-call rotation

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

when icd 10 came out all the various animal combinations were a big source of humor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Share Bear posted:

which phone lol yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have an XR for work and a 13promax for personal. i never use the latter. i charge it once a week. its gorgeous and i use it for space night pics and uhhhhhh thats it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have a iphone 8 for home and a pixel 5 or 6 or smth for work. every so often i get an email that says "update your phone or it will lose corp access" so i do that. happened today. then i turn it off and put it in the drawer until i need to make a cell hotspot for work stuff

i have chat and email (separate client from the one i use for personal stuff) on my personal phone. i only use it when i want to upload a pic of my dog or kid to chat tho lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Truman Peyote posted:

my girlfriend gets every third friday off. pretty sweet deal imo

Yeah I do a 4 day work week and it owns. flexitime so i just say in advance which days im not working :dance:

only 24 hours a week, too. im living the dream :chillout: