Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I was just going to bet that the ninth lord leaked and there it is. CA can't seem to keep anything under its hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah the machine translation is spotty but it gets the point across.

Be'lakor is the over-arching big bad of the campaign, not the new LL. He might still show up in-game in some other fashion, though. We don't know.

Also worth noting that the author only got to play 50 turns. I wonder if the YouTube nerds will have the same restriction.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

If they do Dogs of War and fail to let us build our own LL there too, I’m gonna be sooo pissed. I want an Order dress up doll to fight the Chaos dress up doll :colbert:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
this leak is loving bonkers.

I had a feeling/hope that there was some big surprises still left.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Reik posted:

Ok turn 108 Thorek Ironbrow declared war on me despite being in a military alliance. I thought the AI would follow the cancel treaty and wait 10 turns thing? They're described as "reliable" in the diplomacy page
The AI does what it wants, when it wants. Its obnoxious and it sucks. Its something that I am hoping is fixed in game 3. I hate doing it but I use an "AI has no anti-player bias" mod to address the dumb across-the-planet wardecs and the AI wardec'ing the player through alliances bullshit: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1769818450

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There's speculation that it's this guy:

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Yuri_Kovalenko

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I absolutely love the fully customizable daemon prince legendary lord but I really hope this and the story stuff doesn't preclude Be'lakor showing up as a separate legendary lord later.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

I absolutely love the fully customizable daemon prince legendary lord but I really hope this and the story stuff doesn't preclude Be'lakor showing up as a separate legendary lord later.

Yeah same, though having him be a legendary hero or take over your character or something if you choose to stay undivided with this guy is fine with me too.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Belakor is the sneaky 10th LL that you unlock after beating the campaign for the first time. Your build a bear Daemon takes the role of the antagonist. This is my wild and baseless speculation.

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 17, 2022

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hopefully later down the road we can customize the beards and hats of Chaos Dwarfs

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I can count on one hand the number of times a military ally has declared war on me. The amount of times a military ally has destroyed an alliance chain and tanked my reputation though *gestures to grains of sand on beach*

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Fully customizable lords and army painter for every faction please.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I sort of read this as Be'lakor only showing up the same way the bird guy showed up in the first game i.e. as an unplayable end-game boss.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Be'lakor is too big a deal to not end up as a LL at some point.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

I sort of read this as Be'lakor only showing up the same way the bird guy showed up in the first game i.e. as an unplayable end-game boss.

Who's Be'lakor's champion though? The copy for the game makes it pretty clear that he needs one, and this guy still seems like a plausible twist way to include that. This may be copium on my part though.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 17, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

its....

oh my god, its Arghy!!!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

not a bot posted:

Fully customizable lords and army painter for every faction please.

Yes! Being able to reskin models without being a modder would be amazing.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Modders are going to do so many fun things with this. I can't wait to create Dickbutt the Everchosen.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'll be honest, I never thought about a customizable LL, but it's a great idea. Daemons make sense for this, mixing various physical parts from the four chaos gods and tying them to mechanics is a cool concept. They can even use Bel'akor as the second LL for that specific faction. I wouldn't mind if that specific leak turns out to be real.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Also explains why they keep leaving the door open for "There are thousands of dragon children of the emperor", a detail which kept getting inserted - a good way to later introduce a design your own Dragon LL.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Omnicarus posted:

Also explains why they keep leaving the door open for "There are thousands of dragon children of the emperor", a detail which kept getting inserted - a good way to later introduce a design your own Dragon LL.

They specifically said there are five, with four others being 'lost to time', although that gives the same opportunity.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, customizable LL. We're getting everything except for an army painter it seems.

This opens up the mod world very nicely.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Total War forums going absolutely batshit over the leak is amazing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In some versions of the lore, Be’lakor can’t assume a physical form at all unless he’s crowning the Everchosen or using powerful magic to temporarily circumvent his curse. I don’t know if that was revised or retconned, because it seems odd to make a model and rules for a guy that isn’t there. Maybe they want to honor that lore and keep him from just walking around all the time..

I wouldn’t have guessed Ursun being the dying god, with Kislev having mechanics invoking him and it working just as much as the other gods who presumably aren’t dying.

Seems that Russian article has been taken down.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

not a bot posted:

Total War forums going absolutely batshit over the leak is amazing.

Can't wait to see what they have to complain about this time. 'This is too much fun', is, presumably, top of the crybaby list

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm hoping this is a sign theyr looking at army customisation, custom factions with their own colours is a no brainer and seems reasonably simple too

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

ZeusJupitar posted:

They specifically said there are five, with four others being 'lost to time', although that gives the same opportunity.

Oof my mistake here, you're right there are only 5 that rule lands and also 4 that are "lost to time" so a total of nine with five being on the map and in the lore.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's wild there hasn't been an army painter since the Dawn of War games. Did DOW3 even have one?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

DaysBefore posted:

Can't wait to see what they have to complain about this time. 'This is too much fun', is, presumably, top of the crybaby list

Currently the complain train is focused on the fog of war being "ugly".

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gonkish posted:

lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Triskelli posted:

If they do Dogs of War and fail to let us build our own LL there too, I’m gonna be sooo pissed. I want an Order dress up doll to fight the Chaos dress up doll :colbert:

Seriously they could retire off of the beard DLC alone.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Beards should be an item of varying quality and effects for Dwarves at the very least. "A Magnificent Beard" - Legendary Beard - Ward Save + Magic resistance

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Modders are going to take this system and add what they always add, given any freedom: tits and dicks.

Also the inevitable 4k/8k/12k anime waifu mods for every faction.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Slaanesh demon lords should have a Cyberpunk-esque dick and tit slider.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

Slaanesh demon lords should have a Cyberpunk-esque dick and tit slider.

The post/avatar combo.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gonkish posted:

I love nerds

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There's a lot they could do with customization options. We only know about 5 of the Cathayan dragons, with those not on the map already being obvious DLC candidates. But one of those "lost in time" dragons could turn out to be an especially adept shapeshifter (the "normal" celestial dragons being good enough shape shifters to assume human form), so that could explain why you'd have a legendary dragon that you can fully customize, possibly both their human and their dragon form! Playing pretty dress up has always been a huge draw in any game, so this would be an obvious development to increase WH3's attractiveness even more.

More optical customization options have been an of-requested feature, and if we don't get an army painter, this would at least be something in that direction. And while they're at it, if they open the route to customizable LLs at all, why not let us play dress up for the normal legendary lords? Some other clothes options, some different paint choices? If they go the customization route at all, different paint options should be the easiest thing to implement once they've establish the base customization framework.

IF this leak is real, it would only increase my hype even more. Apart from some worries about sieges not being improved enough, and the WH3 map not being big enough (where's the rest of Cathay??) nearly everything else about WH3 looks great.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Looking at the army roster at the bottom, this LL gets access to all the daemonic units.

I was hoping for on-release playable Be'lakor but holy moly this is very cool :allears:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Someone ask that guy who intercepted communications between CA and GW if it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Demonic power is stored in the tail