Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, i drink a lot of coffee, but a day without brings with it only the vaguest withdrawal symptoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
i mean it takes about a week for most people to wean themselves off caffeine

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, i drink a lot of coffee, but a day without brings with it only the vaguest withdrawal symptoms.
:same:

if i didn’t get a good night’s sleep i will really feel the need but other than that it’s nbd at all

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

i mean it takes about a week for most people to wean themselves off caffeine

sure, for withdrawal to subside, but afaik it is expected that you'd get symptoms within the first 36 hours if you're going to get any

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
yeah, i drink a lotta coffee

coffee deez nuts!!!!!!!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I get a severe headache if I’ve been drinking coffee a few days in sequence and I stop, but I’m usually fine if I take a watered down half coffee (or a 50-50 decaf) to wean off slowly.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've been drinking various teas over the last few days and i'm doing okay

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bump_fn posted:

yeah, i drink a lotta coffee

coffee deez nuts!!!!!!!

chock full o' nuts

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
the thing about a day without coffee is that it's garbage useless meaningless without coffee so any physical effects of withdrawal are just superfluous comparatively

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I got new cups for holding coffee, briefly, before I tip it down my gullet. I like them.

https://www.loveramics.com/collections/egg/products/egg-set-of-1-200ml-cappuccino-cup-saucer-potters-colours

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1484234704630861825

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

rediscovering my aeropress and playing with my ratios and times to get a perfect brew.

three scoops of bean, fill the waterline up to a little above 2, 3 minute brew, put the plunger in just a bit to make a vacuum to get inverted results without the dexterity needed to keep inverted from being a disaster

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

out of coffee so I'm drinking pre workout for breakfast like a loving college kid

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
grocery delivery exists for emergency coffee needs

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I'd just go out but I do a coffee subscription thing and im getting two bags delivered today and don't need a third bag on top of that :sweatdrop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i have two bags arriving next week, but at least one of them is freshly roasted, so ill need to figure out some backup coffee for a week or two

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
bingin’ on hoffmann vids lately. p informative and funny

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

beans at last, beans at last

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
got a nice La colombe coffee for lunch

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drinking some farking coffee flavored coffee.

mystes
May 31, 2006

post hole digger posted:

drinking some farking coffee flavored coffee.
Urban Dictionary tells me that this is not a flavor of coffee I would want

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mystes posted:

Urban Dictionary tells me that this is not a flavor of coffee I would want

oh brother you must be a soy millennial who like pumpkin size lattes then.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
what about the fracking flavored coffee

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

what about the fracking flavored coffee
You can probably get that just by using tap water in the US

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ah, Pittsburgh champagne!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

POT EMPTY!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

whats the longest a cup of coffee can sit on your desk and still be ok to drink? 24 hours is fine right

we're talking normal mug not vacuum sealed double walled yeti or whatever

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

post hole digger posted:

whats the longest a cup of coffee can sit on your desk and still be ok to drink? 24 hours is fine right

yes, just carefully scoop oxidation layer off with a spoon and then microwave it for 2 minutes on medium

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i used to drink yesterday's coffee microwaved th next day left in the glass pot the whole time. I never died

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
why did you stop

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

post hole digger posted:

its probably fine but idk why youd do that to yourself instead of brewing a fresh cup.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

old coffee - on my desk now
fresh coffee - currently a bag of beans in my kitchen

anyways i didnt expect a serious response and just drank it cold because im a disgusting little hog

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
currently grinding beans with a mortar and pestle (and a sieve) because my grinder is dead

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Buck Turgidson posted:

currently grinding beans with a mortar and pestle (and a sieve) because my grinder is dead

:staredog: you’re twice the coffee drinker ill ever be

mystes
May 31, 2006

Buck Turgidson posted:

I feel like I tried that exactly once

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
the coffee is surprisingly okay, at least filtered. grinding the coffee is also kinda fun? I dunno it's grown on me. better than "doing work" at least

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Silver Alicorn posted:

why did you stop

it tastes marginally worse so I just started making less coffee daily

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Buck Turgidson posted:

i did this once and only once. it sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Buck Turgidson posted:

i simply scoop the coffee out of the container