Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Emet is in charge of the underworld / aetherial sea but I was thinking is it the same sea everywhere?

Does the sea on eitherys like… link up to the sea on other planets? Is the sea on the source linked to the shards

Meteion says souls return to their star, or in its absence the nearest sufficently large flow of aether.
Hydaelyn specifically mentions personally conveying Minfilia and Emet back to the Source's lifestream. Plus the sundered souls thing wouldn't really hold up if they returned to the same pool.

So they're all separated, but transference is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

But now I’m wondering how the ascians showed up to “watch” at the edge of the universe

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Emet is in charge of the underworld / aetherial sea but I was thinking is it the same sea everywhere?

Does the sea on eitherys like… link up to the sea on other planets? Is the sea on the source linked to the shards

We have to generally assume that each shard has its own sea, to explain the Ascian plan if nothing else. Our only evidence for it is Gaia (died on the First, came back on the First), but with a sample size of one it's hard to say anything.

From what Meteion talks about, there is some amount of connection between planetary aetherial seas, but it typically seems to rarely matter.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I'd say Azem's summoning magic would account for it, but they're clearly aware of the events on Ultima Thule prior to getting their new smol bodies made, so :shrug:
The two managed to ride along the Ragnarok's aether trail like Zenoshinryu did to keep watching the show I guess? Or their top tier soulvison is just that keen that they can squint and make out the scions exploding into oxygen across the universe.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 20, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well now, this is certainly an idea (forgive me if this has been pointed out before, that said :v: ):

https://twitter.com/vermilionwind/status/1483865769532289024

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hits even more if you include the art they were referencing:

https://twitter.com/cosmicseashanty/status/1483482092281421827

Also the twist of the knife follow-up:

https://twitter.com/rock8s/status/1483892248718704643

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/byletri/status/1483903556256108545?s=20

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

A correct take that is going to piss people off.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Clarste posted:

Right, but Themis told Erich that the concept had been completed and wondered if they had a celebration, while Erich who works directly in the lab where that would have happened had no idea. Which implies at the very least a grossly negligent lack of communication between the departments.

Also, Phoinix is just the original Greek spelling for the creature, as opposed to the Latinized Phoenix. The name doesn't imply a failed or corrupted version, if anything it's more pure.

Pandaemonium is not the lab where the Phoenix was completed. It’s specifically and explicitly a research prison for concepts deemed too dangerous for release but still valuable for consideration and study.

The Words of Lahabrea are separate, and where the Phoenix was completed. They work with the Wardens of Pandaemonium (in fact Elpis and likely all major Ancient Institutions in general do) by sending concepts that need to be kept but imprisoned due to some destructive element or design flaw.

The issue with the Phoinix is that whilst it had the powers of rebirth, it held a burning contempt for all life that made it impossibly destructive to the environment. The Hippocampus and The Vampire Hesperos fused with too have incredible powers worth studying and preserving but would have destroyed the world.

It’s basically a living superweapon concept jail.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

kind of a bizarre take, it's not like there's anything wrong about liking certain aspects of a character and hating others. it's not like he's a real person with feelings you can hurt by doing that.

like it only really gets weird when people obsessively hate post about it but thats just the internet

YES bread fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 20, 2022

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The funny thing of course is that G'raha is himself a world-historical hero who is basically now the founding icon of an entire planet's future cultural development. Also he left them a giant magic tower. If anything he probably outshines us in terms of eventual effect, though to be fair we did do somewhat more rear end-kicking. We have, in fact, inspired someone greater than us.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the whole legend/mythos situation on the First is going to be insane in a few thousand years. just sell me the short story anthology based on it now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

YES bread posted:

the whole legend/mythos situation on the First is going to be insane in a few thousand years. just sell me the short story anthology based on it now.

Generations to come in the First are never going to have to deal with lovely boyfriends, because they've got one hell of a story to scare the boys into acting right.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Hits even more if you include the art they were referencing:

https://twitter.com/cosmicseashanty/status/1483482092281421827

Also the twist of the knife follow-up:

https://twitter.com/rock8s/status/1483892248718704643

This whole thread blew my mind! This is so cool. I hope it was intentional but I feel like it definitely was

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Ixal lost ability to fly due to some genetic instabilities, but they originally had it and looked quite different and that's why they dream of flight. And I think it was mentioned somewhere that they originally served under some female general in 'Garuda Airborne Division', so I don't think Amon was recreating Meteion or that Garuda was recreation of Meteion. But Azys Lla being recreation of Elpis sounds more likely.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 20, 2022

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I think Azys Lla is older than Amon

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

thetoughestbean posted:

I think Azys Lla is older than Amon

Pretty sure it’s post Dalamud and the Crystal Tower that Asyz Lla was being made. Specifically because the capture of The Warring Trio and building of the Singularity Reactor was due to their use of Bahamut as a battery.

Plus the Ascians had a hand in that, and Amon mentions the foolish researcher who tried to cure tempering by name.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

iirc, Warring Triad was captured before Bahamut

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Dwesa posted:

iirc, Warring Triad was captured before Bahamut

Huh, I was sure it was Bahamut first but you appear to be correct. The Warring Triad is the first three Primals Allag ever imprisoned.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Was Azys Lla specifically sent into the air for the Ultima/Meteor project or was it sent up earlier?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

thetoughestbean posted:

Was Azys Lla specifically sent into the air for the Ultima/Meteor project or was it sent up earlier?

Earlier I believe, but remember that Owen's report that mentions Amon was on Azys Lla.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Now I’m unsure exactly what role Amon had in Dalamud. I need me a lot more Amon short stories. He’s such a fascinating character now in retrospect

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

thetoughestbean posted:

I think Azys Lla tested primal-binding technology that was later used in Dalamud on a larger scale, which definitely happened during Xande/Amon, but I think it was mostly all-purpose Allagan lab where they conducted various experiments, it might predate Amon

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 20, 2022

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I... suppose I was? That was a long time ago, lady, and I've done a thing or two since then. :v:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Aetherochemical research facility, which powers most of Azys Lla, was powered by the captured Warring Triad. The triad was definitely captured during Amon's time, as it was Amon ressurecting Xande that led to the war on Meracydia.

Some of Azys Lla's structure is also from the area now known as The Burn, in Othard. It's unclear on whether Xande 1's empire encompassed all three continents, but if it didn't, that could point the creation of Azys Lla to a later generation of the empire as well.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Do we know how long Xande 2 was in power before the calamity? I always assumed it was a relatively short time between the start (restart?) of his reign and his dealings with Voidsent, since he came out of the cloning pod already on his death-obsessed bullshit.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The Aetherochemical research facility, which powers most of Azys Lla, was powered by the captured Warring Triad. The triad was definitely captured during Amon's time, as it was Amon ressurecting Xande that led to the war on Meracydia.

Some of Azys Lla's structure is also from the area now known as The Burn, in Othard. It's unclear on whether Xande 1's empire encompassed all three continents, but if it didn't, that could point the creation of Azys Lla to a later generation of the empire as well.

Allag's reach definitely made it into parts of Othard, given the weird aether pit thingie found on the Azim Steppe and also given the existence and role of the Onishishu. I can't recall what they do other than maintain aetherytes, but they're bearers of well-kept technological secrets and doing Heaven-on-High draws a link between that place, what they become, and the fall of Syrcus Tower and the Allagan Empire.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FeatherFloat posted:

Allag's reach definitely made it into parts of Othard, given the weird aether pit thingie found on the Azim Steppe and also given the existence and role of the Onishishu. I can't recall what they do other than maintain aetherytes, but they're bearers of well-kept technological secrets and doing Heaven-on-High draws a link between that place, what they become, and the fall of Syrcus Tower and the Allagan Empire.

Allag reaching Othard isn't in contention. It's whether it was under Xande 1's empire, or Xande 2's.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Allag reaching Othard isn't in contention. It's whether it was under Xande 1's empire, or Xande 2's.

Ah. I feel like that information exists somewhere out there, but I'm too lazy to go grab my Encyclopedia Eorzeas and go sifting.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lord_Magmar posted:

The issue with the Phoinix is that whilst it had the powers of rebirth, it held a burning contempt for all life that made it impossibly destructive to the environment. The Hippocampus and The Vampire Hesperos fused with too have incredible powers worth studying and preserving but would have destroyed the world.

Hwut? Is that what happened?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Hwut? Is that what happened?

Yes, that is what a hemitheos is. He is fused with a Vyrkolakas

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:psyduck: I must have totally blinded that. I've gotten dumber as I've gotten older.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

gah, of course!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oh neat the Scions are out in the world to talk to post-6.0 MSQ.

Aneor is tragically suffering from horny withdrawal....

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

OhFunny posted:

Oh neat the Scions are out in the world to talk to post-6.0 MSQ.

Aneor is tragically suffering from horny withdrawal....

Yeah, they're spread all over. I haven't seen all of them, but I'm assuming they're all placed somewhere. I kinda hope one of the things they do each patch is shift around the Scions from place to place. Bonus points if they all have adventures you can piece together just based on dialogue and surrounding clues, including subtle or not so subtle changes in wardrobe for some of them (kinda like Arenvald's armor sub-story in ARR).

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Hemitheos is actually just a word for demigod as far as the actual translation of the word goes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
This is my son, Demigod, and this is my other son, Henry

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I was checking in on Matoya and turned around and Ysh was there. Thancred and Uri are at the ragnarok in labyrnthos I think, estinien is at the bar in radz at han and the twins are in the Garlean subway. I haven’t seen any of the other minor scions out and about though.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

G'raha and Krile are in the Students of Baldesion building, in the not-a-solar room on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Aenor and Ochre are in Gridania and Clemence is in the Astrologian’s guild