Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

we have plenty of actual terrorist attacks by white people in this country, most of them in fact. This was a riot where a few rioters died accidentally and one person got shot by a police officer. It’s no more a terrorist attack than the j20 debacle a few years ago

It was attempted murder. Just because they didn't successfully kill any politicians doesn't mean they weren't trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Will The Ukraine will die after Putin tases its balls?

Discuss.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Yaldabaoth posted:

It was attempted murder. Just because they didn't successfully kill any politicians doesn't mean they weren't trying.

I really doubt they would have murdered anybody but I guess we’ll never know! Back to ukraine chat por favor

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

So ive never had borsche.
Is it any good?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

pronounced borsha

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Weka posted:

:wrong:

"As a result, during Trump’s four years in power, a record forty-plus rounds of sanctions have been slapped on Russia."
https://carnegiemoscow.org/commentary/83282

Do you just uncritically get your news from CNN?

Do you uncritically get your news from Russian backed think tanks lmao.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-us-think-tank-fell-for-putin

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1484689007317561348
hmm

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
how does gal gadot feel about all of this

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i will have you know i am an ex space marine of five years, i can swim through lava for up to nine seconds and can fry giant norwegian rats with my lazer eyes. give me the scepter and the russians will lament

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I played video games and I noticed I get russian weapons in the future space, so I assume Russia will prevail.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

blight rhino posted:

She’s putting together a sing along as we speak

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Ukraine, what about MEkraine?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What about Ikraine :catbert:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

lol. No. It's the constant dick sucking from Trump over many years that led to my opinion.

So go ahead and shut the gently caress up. You're a lovely poster.

Ah, a personal attack and no information. I do agree with you that 1/6 was a terrorist attack but only because large swathes of the American people are extremely easily terrorized by a crowd of people largely (completely? ) without firearms wandering through a building.

Grape posted:

Do you uncritically get your news from Russian backed think tanks lmao.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-us-think-tank-fell-for-putin

Lol, maybe you're right, it was just the first thing I grabbed from google, but here's noted liberal aligned NPR saying much the same thing before the final wave of sanctions the outgoing administration imposed.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/20/630659379/is-trump-the-toughest-ever-on-russia

Anyway I'd still love to see some evidence that this year is somehow different to last year in terms of Russia's likelyhood to invade.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got a personal attack for you RIGHT HERE *grabs crotch*

and just so you don't whine about it here's some information: YOU'RE A GODDAMN CLOWN

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

The sooner Donald trump is out of office the better

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

blight rhino posted:

Joe El! No!

Crayfish
May 7, 2009
I'm rooting for #TeamRussia personally

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Crayfish posted:

I'm rooting for #TeamRussia personally

Why you....

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Im rooting for my friends the weapons manufacturers and the international MIC in general, I think they're gonna have a banner year if all this russian invasion hype is real

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
From the cursed images thread

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
If I lived in Ukraine, I would he so stoked that I probably won’t have to worry about coming into work on Monday.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Unless you were in the army, then boy would Mondays really suck.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Unless you were in the army, then boy would Mondays really suck.

I’m picturing a Slav army Garfield.

He hates Monday but loves vodka.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lol he'd be like Ivan i want some lasagne in cyrillic

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Weka posted:

From the cursed images thread

"Presented by Lockheed Martin"
:discourse:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

lol he'd be like Ivan i want some lasagne in cyrillic

* Иван был взорван русской артиллерией*

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DicktheCat posted:

I only learned yesterday that apparently saying "the Ukraine" makes you look like a Russian supporter or something. My buddy chided me on it, being slavic, himself.

I had never heard that, being from a bg where hearing about the country was through the lens of media, mostly from when I was young.

I worry for some artists I've commissioned and worked with before; there's a burgeoning digital art scene there, with many skilled and wonderful people. I've been lucky enough to encounter some really amazing folks. I hope they stay safe.

That's my Ukraine story.

It's dumb. It became official Russian policy at one point in the past to refer to the region as The Ukraine so everyone opposed to Russia's influence insisted in dropping the The.

Sid Vicious posted:

yeah i can see that if someone said The Canada i would at the least think they were a fuckin weirdo

Used to be The Dominion of Canada but they later dropped that because it was too British.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Yeah I feel like the change to The Canada just rolls of the tongue better anyway.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It's dumb. It became official Russian policy at one point in the past to refer to the region as The Ukraine so everyone opposed to Russia's influence insisted in dropping the The.

I've always called it The Ukraine since forever. I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be a thing until just now. :shrug:

I'm not aware of any deep operative KGB agents or twitter bots or my Cold War childhood telling me it should be The Ukraine to signify Russian superiority.

So should I drop it? Is it considered offensive? I don't want to be saying it the wrong way. :ohdear:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

It will soon belong to Russia again, so we’ll call it whatever they want.

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 22, 2022

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've always called it The Ukraine since forever. I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be a thing until just now. :shrug:

I'm not aware of any deep operative KGB agents or twitter bots or my Cold War childhood telling me it should be The Ukraine to signify Russian superiority.

So should I drop it? Is it considered offensive? I don't want to be saying it the wrong way. :ohdear:

You're doing that old person thing where you don't realize the accepted term has changed and you're using words from a different generation. It's part of being old.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
I was just in Ukraine and they said if Obama hadn't forced a neo nazi government on Ukraine this never would have happened.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

satanic splash-back posted:

You're doing that old person thing where you don't realize the accepted term has changed and you're using words from a different generation. It's part of being old.

Noooooo..... :smith:

I'd boomer it up and say "well that's the way we all said it!" But I guess I should adapt to the times and change it then. Hmmppff.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Just wait until you hear you're supposed to say Czechia instead The MoFo Czech Republic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mooey Cow posted:

Just wait until you hear you're supposed to say Czechia instead The MoFo Czech Republic

You'll never get me to change MoFo. :colbert:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Mooey Cow posted:

It’s still Czechoslovakia in my heart :angel:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

It happened last night. Russia invaded Ukraine, the Ukraine, the MoFo Czech Republic, Czechia, Italy and the United States.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

It happened last night. Russia invaded Ukraine, the Ukraine, the MoFo Czech Republic, Czechia, Italy and the United States.

Oh poo poo, my house too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I think invasions r bad