Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Great final boss arena. Who the gently caress designed this? A two year old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
IS HE HEALING?!!!?!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

American McGay posted:

IS HE HEALING?!!!?!
yeah

I hate that motherfucker so much

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
beat the first level and it merely took 3 continues.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Muscle Wizard posted:

you are cutting it close here

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Muscle Wizard posted:

Bro you got 2 hours lmao

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

you are cutting it close here

American McGay posted:

Bro you got 2 hours lmao

i just did level 2 how many level are there lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay posted:

Great final boss arena. Who the gently caress designed this? A two year old?

its a skull

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Muscle Wizard posted:

i just did level 2 how many level are there lol

uh.... 10?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

i think there are some gems too, but yeah, nothing important.

also, it's probably the wrong way to do it, but for the bat hallway i just sprint to the end, then turn around and pelt the swarm. you lose a few bars of health to the swarm, but the big bat is easy enough to dodge that you can afford it.

if you levitate instead they just fly into your sword and die. you might still take some hits from the ones coming from right above you though.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

poo poo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

Wizards & Warriors

part 1 part 2

thanks to pmack for the live protips.

big deal fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 26, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

It is done. Surprisingly great feeling platforming which is rare for an NES game, but the enemy spam is just atrocious. The levels were cool enough but could have benefited from a minimap which was probably a bit before its time. I found a suspicious pink chest in the second to last area that I never found the key for, kinda curious if there was something cool in there or if it was just more gems.

Oh also, extremely generous continue system. I was worried I was gonna have to climb that drat castle wall again but it basically spawns you right where you died.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

looks like it took me 2h28m playing mostly blind. good luck

American McGay posted:

Oh also, extremely generous continue system. I was worried I was gonna have to climb that drat castle wall again but it basically spawns you right where you died.

it's literally where you died except against bosses. well maybe not on moving/disappearing platforms.

edit6 the pink chest probably just had gems. i had the boots of force for the last 2-3 levels and kicked open every chest. oh, on the first inside castle stage one had the shield which i never got from the first level.

big deal fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 26, 2022

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I found a suspicious pink chest in the second to last area that I never found the key for, kinda curious if there was something cool in there or if it was just more gems.

he lost the boots! :roflolmao:

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
bro where the gently caress is this red key

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

It is done. Surprisingly great feeling platforming which is rare for an NES game, but the enemy spam is just atrocious. The levels were cool enough but could have benefited from a minimap which was probably a bit before its time. I found a suspicious pink chest in the second to last area that I never found the key for, kinda curious if there was something cool in there or if it was just more gems.

you can kick open the chests

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Muscle Wizard posted:

:troll:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

you can kick open the chests
The only place I ever found boots was the first area and I lost them when I picked up another item that overwrote them. Is there a way to see what's in the chest before picking it up or cancel getting an item or something. Otherwise you'd just have to memorize which chests had the bad items in them.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

The only place I ever found boots was the first area and I lost them when I picked up another item that overwrote them. Is there a way to see what's in the chest before picking it up or cancel getting an item or something. Otherwise you'd just have to memorize which chests had the bad items in them.

they appear in a few chests throughout the game, you can go back to chests with items that have that item to replace the current one as well

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

christ, the final skull areas must have been hell lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Muscle Wizard posted:

lmfao

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

How did they pack so many errors into this one section of the instruction book

- The listed points are ten times the actual points. First damsel is 5000, Esmarelda is 10,000, etc
- They forgot the first damsel's name, which is Lucinda
- They forgot the sixth damsel, Candida
- They say you find several inside the castle, but only one of them is there. The rest are outside

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had the levitation juice and I still couldn't get up there to get it (kept slipping down the hill). I ended up riding a perfectly positioned bubble all the way up and then jumping at the right time.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

I had the levitation juice and I still couldn't get up there to get it (kept slipping down the hill). I ended up riding a perfectly positioned bubble all the way up and then jumping at the right time.

i keep trying to do this and i keep loving it up lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

i used a blue potion

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
update: i did it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Joan posted:

How did they pack so many errors into this one section of the instruction book

- The listed points are ten times the actual points. First damsel is 5000, Esmarelda is 10,000, etc
- They forgot the first damsel's name, which is Lucinda
- They forgot the sixth damsel, Candida
- They say you find several inside the castle, but only one of them is there. The rest are outside

- Leg is going through the piss flap

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

i used a blue potion

this

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
bro the lil gap before the red key...are you serious?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I made it to the top but I don't have the pink key? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa

:troll:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Muscle Wizard posted:

less than 2 hours

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I just gave up and went through the game again so I'd have a feather when I got to the red key gap

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cubone posted:

- Leg is going through the piss flap

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat this game. its one of the better european games which means its mostly tolerable/bearable. compared to real kusoge like anything from beam software [ljn hits like both back to the future games, silver surfer, etc], whoever is responsible for the nes conan game, bandai joints [lots of anime licensed crap that they outsourced to companies worse than tose and micronics and sprite edited for outside japan], 7 days of garfield, tose joints, and micronics joints etc it approaches decent. this was like 2 hours and i think 45 minutes was the dumbass wizard. maybe its easier w/ a wand idk. i played this game a million times when i was a child back in the early 1930s so i knew that the most important items in the game [levitatioon potion, shield, feather fall] were in the first two stages of the game. not sure how you're supposed to get past the castle level without them tbh.

admirable lack of drops of water causing damage for a lot of the game but they made their appearance in the castle level. the stampers et al did hold back a bit with their natural euro game tendancies tho, so thankfully since there's no babies in diapers or animals making GBS threads on our hero kuros' head.

also i had this book when i was a kid maybe my parents have it in the garage somewhere still whom knows.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also gently caress you rare! die!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Muscle Wizard posted:

update: i did it.

Muscle Wizard posted:

I thought that's what you meant when you said I did it lmao.

You can keep trying the bubble or kill a bunch of flames and hope they drop a blue potion which gives you a speed boost.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mysterious loyall X posted:

i beat this game. its one of the better european games which means its mostly tolerable/bearable. compared to real kusoge like anything from beam software [ljn hits like both back to the future games, silver surfer, etc], whoever is responsible for the nes conan game, bandai joints [lots of anime licensed crap that they outsourced to companies worse than tose and micronics and sprite edited for outside japan], 7 days of garfield, tose joints, and micronics joints etc it approaches decent. this was like 2 hours and i think 45 minutes was the dumbass wizard. maybe its easier w/ a wand idk. i played this game a million times when i was a child back in the early 1930s so i knew that the most important items in the game [levitatioon potion, shield, feather fall] were in the first two stages of the game. not sure how you're supposed to get past the castle level without them tbh.

admirable lack of drops of water causing damage for a lot of the game but they made their appearance in the castle level. the stampers et al did hold back a bit with their natural euro game tendancies tho, so thankfully since there's no babies in diapers or animals making GBS threads on our hero kuros' head.

also i had this book when i was a kid maybe my parents have it in the garage somewhere still whom knows.

dude I had that book too lol, I wish I still did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

avgn voice worlds of poo poo